Bailey's and Coffee, After Dinner Drink with UBP?

excitedtocruise

I believe this has been covered before, but I could not find it. At the dinner venues can you order a Bailey's and coffee with the UBP? (I know lattes, etc., are not covered) And will they take the order right there at your table, just like when you order regular coffee? Thanks!!!

P.S. Worked at Starbucks for three years, so I am kind of a coffee snob, but I can drink any coffee if there is enough Bailey's in it :)

Sure! It should be not be a problem. If the server is confused though, just ask for baileys. Then order a coffee. Or order 2 bailey's then a coffee, based on how you like it. Enjoy.

Personally, we skip the coffee and go for directly the Baileys and Chambord combo. It makes a wonderful end to the meal.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

Sure! It should be not be a problem. If the server is confused though, just ask for baileys. Then order a coffee. Or order 2 bailey's then a coffee, based on how you like it. Enjoy.

This, the other night I ordered a shot of Baileys and a coffee and the server tried to talk me in to an Irish Coffee. I said no, just regular coffee and Baileys on the side. She brought it and I mixed them myself.

This, the other night I ordered a shot of Baileys and a coffee and the server tried to talk me in to an Irish Coffee. I said no, just regular coffee and Baileys on the side. She brought it and I mixed them myself.

So they are trying to get you to "buy" something that is not included in the UBP? This Feb. will be out first time on a NCL cruise (SKY 4 night) and we sure like some Baileys with coffee.

One other question, if outside the dining room is Baileys included in the UBP?

Thanks in advance!

So they are trying to get you to "buy" something that is not included in the UBP? This Feb. will be out first time on a NCL cruise (SKY 4 night) and we sure like some Baileys with coffee.

Thanks in advance!

Everywhere on the ship you can get Baileys it is included.

Thanks in advance!

Apparently the Irish Coffee at O'Sheehans is included in the UBP, perhaps the server was just trying to be helpful?

Chambord and bailey's sounds wonderful. Is there a name for that drink? How about Chamley's or Bailbord.

We love that drink. Not sure what to call it, other than tasty. It's even better if you have them make it into a martini with Vanilla Vodka added in. Tell them to add whipped cream on top, then drizzle more Chambord on top of that. They'll do it at the atrium bar on most ships. They pretty much try anything there. The bartender that originally made it for us at Harrah's diamond lounge in Lake Tahoe called it raspberry cheesecake.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

They tend to be keenly aware of the fact that UBP holders want to order drinks that are included in the package. Irish Coffee is sometimes included (depends on the ship, depends on the bar/restaurant, depends on the server…) so I wouldn't assume that KarlChilders's server was trying to get him to order a non-included drink.

I imagine that on the Sky, the line between fully included drinks and extra charge drinks is drawn even more clearly. You can look on any menu and see what's free and what isn't. If the servers ever try to steer you away from the free stuff in the hopes that you'll spend more money, I hope you tell us about it here, because as far as I know (from my own and others' experiences) that sort of thing is really not typical on NCL.

Thanks so much for the answers. Hopefully this will the first of many cruises on NCL. We got this one "free" thru CAS... I say "free" because we upgraded to an aft balcony but I think it will be worth it.

CrusinHarvey, I think I'm going to have to ask Timmy in the Diamond lounge at Harrah's Cherokee for one of those drinks this New Years Eve!

Not sure how they do it on NCL, but an Irish Coffee is not coffee and Bailey's.

Reminds me from a carnival cruise. They had Irish Coffee on sale for $2.99. I asked if I could get it without the whiskey. They said not for the same price, it would be $3.00 more (yes, without whiskey). The sale was a full irish coffee.

I then asked if I could get the whiskey on the side. They did and I left on the counter.

They do it a couple of different ways on NCL, but since Baileys is made with Irish whiskey, cream, and sugar, and an Irish coffee is made with Irish whiskey, cream, and sugar, it's not a totally unreasonable suggestion on the part of the server. Of course you're right, it's not the same drink.

They do it a couple of different ways on NCL, but since Baileys is made with Irish whiskey, cream, and sugar, and an Irish coffee is made with Irish whiskey, cream, and sugar, it's not a totally unreasonable suggestion on the part of the server. Of course you're right, it's not the same drink.

Both very tasty though!

It's Baileys season in the UK lol ...Not sure why it seems to be such a seller this time of the year, but it goes out the door like it's black Friday! I grew up with Advocat as the national festive drink (usually for little old ladies but hey 'when in Rome!) ...But Bailey's is the 21st Century equivalent.

Think I'm going to create or possibly find out on here they already exist ...Bailey's themed cocktails for bedtime on the Epic

It is Jamison heavy cream and coffee. Baileys and coffee is not as good and who ever earlier said try Baileys and chamborg that is something I would never drink I think it would curdle.

Reminds me from a carnival cruise. They had Irish Coffee on sale for $2.99. I asked if I could get it without the whiskey. They said not for the same price, it would be $3.00 more (yes, without whiskey). The sale was a full irish coffee.

I then asked if I could get the whiskey on the side. They did and I left on the counter.

Umm, so you wanted a coffee with heavy cream? Isn't that included?

It is Jamison heavy cream and coffee. Baileys and coffee is not as good and who ever earlier said try Baileys and chamborg that is something I would never drink I think it would curdle.

My Irish coffee is made with hot coffee, whiskey and brown sugar then topped with whipped cream. The heat from the coffee causes the whipped cream to melt into the coffee. No one's ever complained but that would be the whiskey's doing. ;)

My Irish coffee is made with hot coffee, whiskey and brown sugar then topped with whipped cream. The heat from the coffee causes the whipped cream to melt into the coffee. No one's ever complained but that would be the whiskey's doing. ;)

Sorry but that is incorrect. Irish Coffee is made with Hot Coffee, sugar and Irish Whiskey the double cream is then floated on top, if done correctly the density of the Coffee mixture allows the cream to float on top and it should not sink.

Urrrrgh yes you are SO right, I just went and tried it :mad: Curdled Baileys - Barf