Anthem - food and drink secrets/recommendations

cusematt4

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for the best food and drink options on the Anthem of the Seas?

We may try one or two specialty restaurants - Wonderland and/or Jamies.

Are there any highly recommended or very good food and drink recommendations? Whether a certain drink at a particular bar, breakfast or lunch in the dining room, meals or food items at Cafe 270 or anything else. We do intend to purchase the Deluxe drink package.

Thanks so much!

Best burger on board, in our opinion, is Michael's. It's an extra charge but worth it, more so than Johnny Rockets.

Also Two70 is a good location for breakfast. Not as many options as the Windjammer but much less crowded and still good stuff.

We have done Quantum and are looking forward to Anthem this summer.

Café 270 is great for lunch and roast beef sandwiches. Yum. Double meat always good. Wonderful salads and Paninis.

Jamies was one of our favorite places we ate there for Lunch and dinner multiple times. Enjoyed the planks very much and the fresh pasta. Its not open for lunch every day but worth it when it is.

Wonderland was not mine or my DH favorite just to different for us, my kids are little foodies and they loved it. If your okay with lots of small servings of different food go for it.

Chops is always very good if you are meat and potato kind of person. The menu has shrunk over the years but it still very good. This place will book up so get reservations either ahead of time or right when you board.

I enjoy fresh squeezed OJ and find the Solarium bar is the fastest and easiest place to get it. The bar in the windjammer is very crowded in the morning.

The menus on Anthem have all just changed. They are now serving the same dinner in all 4 free restaurants with new menus each night. One cruiser on a 7 day just posted all of his menus from last week on facebook. Might be worth checking out to see what nights you want to dine where.

WE all loved Michael's hamburgers - best on the second. Jamie's Italian was one of our favorite restaurants (they have a very good hamburger as well). Also enjoyed the roast beef sandwiches (I think it's called a Kummelwech) at 270.

Looking forward to being on Anthem again this June!

Swiss

Snagged a screenshot of a menu someone else put online, a little small but...

Thanks. The pic was a bit small to read but found it in google images... Yay Dogfish Head 90min... Hope they still have it in March.

thanks again

dp

The menus on Anthem have all just changed. They are now serving the same dinner in all 4 free restaurants with new menus each night. One cruiser on a 7 day just posted all of his menus from last week on facebook. Might be worth checking out to see what nights you want to dine where.

Where on Facebook did you find the menus?

Agree about Michael's Pub - burgers are awesome ($12.50 up charge). Wings excellent there too. We enjoyed Wonderland but were not too impressed with Jamie's. For breakfast there is an omelette station all the way back in the Windjammer. Other than that we avoided it because we could never find a seat. Breakfast in 270 or Solarium Bistro is the way to go. Don't miss the Dog House on Deck 15 if you like hot dogs and sausages (no up charge). The ice cream (Ben & Jerry's) at Starbucks is just a pre-frozen small cup (for $4.50) - not worth it. The Johnny Rockets is not like the ones on other ships - it is really just a take-out stand. Of course the Robotic Bar is interesting to try at least once for a drink.

Agree about Michael's Pub - burgers are awesome ($12.50 up charge). Wings excellent there too. We enjoyed Wonderland but were not too impressed with Jamie's. For breakfast there is an omelette station all the way back in the Windjammer. Other than that we avoided it because we could never find a seat. Breakfast in 270 or Solarium Bistro is the way to go. Don't miss the Dog House on Deck 15 if you like hot dogs and sausages (no up charge). The ice cream (Ben & Jerry's) at Starbucks is just a pre-frozen small cup (for $4.50) - not worth it. The Johnny Rockets is not like the ones on other ships - it is really just a take-out stand. Of course the Robotic Bar is interesting to try at least once for a drink.

Forgot about the Dog House, we loved stopping there for our lunch every couple of days, very good dogs and brats/sausages.

Lamb chops and Lemon Meringue cheesecake at Jamies, I think with a side of their risotto. We had to go a second time for a repeat of the same meal!

We loved Wonderland, unique experience and the food was very good, but I'd probably once was enough.

We had a great experience at Wonderland. I was hesitant to go, but really enjoyed myself and the variety of different foods presented. The burgers at Michael's are fabulous - we caught a good lunch special there on the day were were in Labadee. We also tried Chops and Jamie's. Overall, we had great food and service in all dining venues. If you eat in the Windjammer, you can go all the way to the back and eat outside along the aft rail and watch the wake.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Also Two70 is a good location for breakfast. Not as many options as the Windjammer but much less crowded and still good stuff.

Absolutely agree with this, pure bliss grabbing a table to look out onto the wake of the ship and so much quieter than the windjammer.

Dinner desserts in the Windjammer are pretty awesome. I don't know if every night they do this since we only happened upon it in the middle of the cruise. But each night we checked, they had some special dessert buffet. The first night we noticed it, it was pie night....they had a banana cream pie the size of a toddler! They had every type of pie imaginable...not just apple, blueberry, etc. And they were all good. Trust me, I did the tasting menu. The next night they had all different parfaits...chocolate mousse, peanut butter, tiramisu, butterscotch, key lime etc. We planned better this time and got a bunch of different ones to stash in the fridge for later that night. The last night of the cruise was cake night. They had a beautiful display of all different kinds of cakes. Personally that night seemed more pretty than tasty, but we did not have any problems satisfying our sweet craving.

We have done Quantum and are looking forward to Anthem this summer......

Would you have a link to that?

Windjammer is difficult to find seating. We missed breakfast at the Grande because they stop letting people in at 8am which seemed a bit early. Our best spot was the Solarium Bistro brunch which is open til 1. Hardly anyone was ever there so lots of seating. The main door is blocked off so you have to enter from the side which made it more discrete.