Wondering what's complimentary on royal princess

Philoufelin

Hey everyone,

It will be my first time doing a princess cruise.

I've done celebrity and norwegian before.

I was looking at what is included on their website, and I'm not understanding completely.

I see there is an International Cafe, are pastries, tea and coffee complimentary?

What else is good to know (not to miss food wise)? Are any specialty restaurants a must?

Thanks in advance

International Cafe (IC) pastries, sandwiches, salads and such are included in your fare.

Gelato at the IC is an extra charge.

Tea and coffee are not included. Research "Coffee Cards" for ways to get a break on the prices.

Specialty restaurants are a matter of personal preference. You'll get all sorts of opinions on them as tastes and personal circumstances vary so much from one person to another. You'll have to stop by and check them out before you decide for yourself.

That said, Alfredo's on the Royal is included in your fare so give that a try. IMHO it's worth it.

Hey everyone,

It will be my first time doing a princess cruise.

I've done celebrity and norwegian before.

I was looking at what is included on their website, and I'm not understanding completely.

I see there is an International Cafe, are pastries, tea and coffee complimentary?

What else is good to know (not to miss food wise)? Are any specialty restaurants a must?

Thanks in advance

Food

Free Dining Rooms

International Cafe,open 24/7, pastries, panini's, salads, desserts, soup, breakfast sandwich

Alfredo's open every day 11am to 11pm, waiter served individual pizza, calzone, salads, antipasto, dessert

Pub Lunch @ Wheelhouse Bar on sea days

Afternoon tea, see Princess Patter for time and location. On Formal days there is a Royal champagne tea which has a charge.

Room Service 24/7, limited menu unless you are in a full suite, except pizza which has a $3 charge

Horizon Ct/bistro/pastry shop buffet area, open 5am to late evening, never closes during that time. The area is very large, so look through the entire area before you settle on your selections. There is a fresh made omelete station in the morning. Consider sitting on the Horizon Terrace, really nice.

Swirls soft ice cream, Trident Grill, Prego Pizza, by the main pool open 11am to late evening every day.

Coffee from grounds, tea, hot chocolate, ice tea, juices in the morning at the buffet area and in DR's.

Upcharge specialty restaurants and dining:

Crown Grill, Sabatini's $29/pp

Crab Shack, Fondues(last night only), held in a section of the buffet area, $29/pp

Chef's Table, Wine Maker's Dinner, Ultimate balcony dining, inquire on board.

Make reservations on board for all special dining, best to go on boarding day.

Gelato, in the Piazza, small charge. Note regular ice cream is available at meals at no charge.

Espresso drinks, next to the International Cafe and some other locations. If you like Espresso drinks consider the coffee card.

Ocean Terrace seafood Bar - menu priced items

Hope this helps

Edited by sknight

FYI, Alfredo's is a great place to go for lunch to start your cruise after embarkation. It's a table service restaurant and isn't usually crowded at embarkation. The pizzas are 9" personal pizzas, not pizza slices. The menu has a lot more than pizza.

I guess this is kind of a downer, but IMHO, nothing on a cruise is really complimentary. It's either included in your fare or it isn't. I suppose if there's something that's not advertised as included and you get it for no charge, that's complimentary.

Anyone have a list of things you get for no charge that aren't listed as included in your fare?

I guess this is kind of a downer, but IMHO, nothing on a cruise is really complimentary. It's either included in your fare or it isn't. I suppose if there's something that's not advertised as included and you get it for no charge, that's complimentary.

Anyone have a list of things you get for no charge that aren't listed as included in your fare?

Ah yes beg, you are to become the Milton Friedman of the Princess board. Of course you are absolutely correct. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

A question I have is ---

Is the afternoon tea time with snacks free? (ok "included with your cruise fare" - for those who feel the need to be precise)?

I think High tea was different and was round $10 - but was only held some days. We didn't try it but wondered if it was good.

We saw afternoon tea on the patter most days. Not sure if it was on sea days only.

Don

A question I have is ---

Is the afternoon tea time with snacks free? (ok "included with your cruise fare" - for those who feel the need to be precise)?

I think High tea was different and was round $10 - but was only held some days. We didn't try it but wondered if it was good.

We saw afternoon tea on the patter most days. Not sure if it was on sea days only.

All Princess ships have complimentary afternoon tea in a dining room at no additional charge every day except embarkation day.

The Royal and Regal also have an enhanced version in the atrium for a fee.