Towels, tote bags

Sunic1968

Pool towels in cabin too.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

This is no longer the standard, as experienced on both Caribbean Princess and Royal Princess: the towels are not provided in the cabin. Blue striped beach towels are available on deck by the pools, and are available at the gangway during port visits.

Both locations have a Used Towel return rack - so the towels do not ever have to go back into your cabin ( a good idea to prevent spread of illness ).

For beach / snorkeling excursions I typically get towels from the pool area so I can pack into my day pack or Princess bag, avoiding having to do this is the Deck 4 disembarkation area.

This is no longer the standard, as experienced on both Caribbean Princess and Royal Princess: the towels are not provided in the cabin. Blue striped beach towels are available on deck by the pools, and are available at the gangway during port visits.

Both locations have a Used Towel return rack - so the towels do not ever have to go back into your cabin ( a good idea to prevent spread of illness ).

For beach / snorkeling excursions I typically get towels from the pool area so I can pack into my day pack or Princess bag, avoiding having to do this is the Deck 4 disembarkation area.

I beg to differ:

On the Crown last month and the Star last week, pool/beach towels were provided IN our cabin.

Do princess provide tote bags in cabins for daily use? Also are towels pool side or in cabin? Thanks

Got a tote bag last week

There was one pool towel in our cabin, plenty around the pool as well.

Don't recall a pool towel in our cabin on previous cruises.

We were on the Caribbean Princess this month in the Caribbean and they did not put beach towels in our cabin the night before we were in port. Nor did they have beach towels there at the disembarkation station.

We had pool towels in our cabin on the Regal when we embarked. If you don't have them I'm sure your steward would provide them or you can grab a few by the pool areas.

Apparently widely variable between ships. On RUBY in November no beach towels in cabin or at the gangway, had to grab your own from the Pool area.

Had never experienced this on any other ships. Rather inconvenient.

Agreed, from the comments below. Princess is inconsistent on this new policy. Apparently they are trying it out to see what kind of complaints arise.

On Caribbean Princess early in this year, the steward was unhappy and apologized because he was not allowed to put beach towels in the cabin with the new policy, even though that was his norm to keep customers happy. I had to go on deck by the pool to get towels.

On Royal Princess last week the situation was as I described in my original response.

We have received tote bags on each cruise.

We've always had beach towels in our cabin on Princess ship but have not on some other cruise lines.

It's no huge big deal BUT it is so much more convenient to have them in our cabin. It's a pain to have to go get them. :(

We'll be on Caribbean Princess in January so will report back if the policy on that ship continues to be "no beach towels in cabins".

LuLu

We've always had beach towels in our cabin on Princess ship but have not on some other cruise lines.

It's no huge big deal BUT it is so much more convenient to have them in our cabin. It's a pain to have to go get them. :(

We'll be on Caribbean Princess in January so will report back if the policy on that ship continues to be "no beach towels in cabins".

LuLu

I began thinking about this. I have always (?) had towels in the room until this past September on the Grand. Maybe because it was Alaska? Is this another cut back for whatever reason?

There are pool/beach towels on EVERY cruise line...no need to bring them. Whether they're in your cabin or on the pool deck...they have them for your use! I do always bring my own "tote"....packs flat!

Edited by cb at sea

There are pool/beach towels on EVERY cruise line...no need to bring them. Whether they're in your cabin or on the pool deck...they have them for your use! I do always bring my own "tote"....packs flat!

The only problem with getting them when leaving the ship is it forces you to pack them in your travel bag standing in line while moving.

If you need towels just go up to the pool area someone leaves towels on most of the lounge chairs early in the morning for you to take. :) :) The only one not smiling is the person that does it.

Tony

Ohhhhh.... I LIKE IT! (I hear they also make great bedding on the rowboat...)

Ohhhhh.... I LIKE IT! (I hear they also make great bedding on the rowboat...)

Thrak,

We only use the towels on the Rowboat to wave at the girls on the beach and sometimes it works they join us on the Rowboat :D :D

From the Captain of the Rowboat,

Tony