OBC refund.

runner15km

Happy Holidays ! Just completed a Princess cruise in which my spouse was unable to make it. I spoke with a onboard service rep that my spouse was unable to make the cruise. I asked is there anything we need to do to get a refund of her OBC from our personal Travel Agent along with tax and port fees. Agent responded no refunds at all ! :eek: We are fine with not receiving a refund on the Princess promotional OBC offer but we thought we should get back that TA OBC. What do you think ?

Some OBC is refundable, most is not. You should have received a statement on the last night of your cruise with a complete listing of all your expenditures (daily hotel charge, drinks, etc.),the last line of the printout is what is left or what you owe. If there is anything left, you'll receive a check in the mail (be careful, it looks like junk mail).

For the most part, the only OBC that's refundable is military/veteran's benefit and any OBC that was purchased. If your TA gave you OBC that wasn't part of the commission from Princess, it's refundable.

Not sure about port fees/taxes. It seems reasonable that the port fees should be refunded, since they technically weren't used. No passenger on board = no port fee.

Nothing unless you actually purchased some obc. I take it you did not have travel insurance? You fall under the cancellation policy rules. It sounds like your hubby couldn, t go right at the last minute. If not you could have tried switching him out for another travel companion but this would have required some time and I am not sure what the cut off for doing this is.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

We are just back from a cruise on the Regal; we had some OBC gifted to us, which was refundable. We didn't use it all, so I asked at customer service how that worked and they said we would receive a check from Princess with the rest of the OBC at some time in the future.

We are just back from a cruise on the Regal; we had some OBC gifted to us, which was refundable. We didn't use it all, so I asked at customer service how that worked and they said we would receive a check from Princess with the rest of the OBC at some time in the future.

Its a very unassuming envelope from "Bottom Line" and not Princess so make sure you don't chuck it.

Good to hear, some of our OBC was a gift from our children.

Edited by runner15km

Happy Holidays ! Just completed a Princess cruise in which my spouse was unable to make it. I spoke with a onboard service rep that my spouse was unable to make the cruise. I asked is there anything we need to do to get a refund of her OBC from our personal Travel Agent along with tax and port fees. Agent responded no refunds at all ! :eek: We are fine with not receiving a refund on the Princess promotional OBC offer but we thought we should get back that TA OBC. What do you think ?

You did not get the taxes and port charges back for your spouse???

We are fine with not receiving a refund on the Princess promotional OBC offer but we thought we should get back that TA OBC. What do you think ?

Chances are that TA OBC was not really from the TA.

When a TA books a number of cabins on a cruise, Princess gives the TA "amenity points" that can be used to give the passengers amenities such as OBC.

If that is the source of your TA OBC then it really is from Princess and not from the TA.

If you have a printout of the OBC information from the Personalizer before your trip, then it will show which OBC is refundable and which is not.

Its a very unassuming envelope from "Bottom Line" and not Princess so make sure you don't chuck it.

Thanks for that tip, as, for the first time ever, I am expecting a check for some refundable OBC from a just completed cruise.

I had read previously on CC that checks were mailed in an envelope that could easily be assumed to be junk mail. Knowing to look for one saying "Bottom Line" certainly helps.

Thanks for that tip, as, for the first time ever, I am expecting a check for some refundable OBC from a just completed cruise.

I had read previously on CC that checks were mailed in an envelope that could easily be assumed to be junk mail. Knowing to look for one saying "Bottom Line" certainly helps.

Unless they change companies again.

Just open all "plain jane" envelopes until you get your check.

Thanks for the heads up; sometimes it's easy to toss envelopes that look like junk mail.

They're running pretty slow on refunds of OBC lately. It took 7 weeks for my wife's veterans OBC to get refunded off our last cruise. They were later starting mine llas they had to do it "by hand" for some reason and I'm still waiting on mine at 10 weeks. I figure if that's my biggest problem concerning cruises this year, I don't really have any problems! :rolleyes:

Have a great New Year!

Tom

Unless they change companies again.

Just open all "plain jane" envelopes until you get your check.

Heck, I open 'em all. It's amazing some of the things you find. I've even found a small check on one or two occasions! One was a payoff from some class action lawsuit that I had long forgotten about. Only about $5, but if I'd just trashed the envelope I'd have been $5 poorer and some legal firm somewhere would have ended up getting that $5!

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some feedback, spoke to my TA about a refund. My TA confirmed with Princess that my spouse will be refunded taxes and port fees along with a gift obc from her daughter.

There still is a issue with the TA OBC and Princess will discuss this with me only, Princess would not discuss the folio account with TA. We shall see. :)