P&O Explorer's new look

Rather they spent the dollars inside the ship.

Realistically, they are probably going to slap a coat of paint on the hull while she's in dry dock anyway, so probably not a lot of extra expensive adding the Southern Cross graphic.

Looks like P&O Australia is in a race to the bottom. The likes of NCL and Star Cruises have hull art and appeal to the low end market. P&O Australia is now trying to outdo them by going lower.

In my opinion cheap and tacky hull art is a waste of money. Why spend money on cheap and tacky aesthetics when money could be better spend on passenger facilities and comfort.

I bet when it breaks down the budget could be better spent on repairs instead of hull art.

Realistically, they are probably going to slap a coat of paint on the hull while she's in dry dock anyway, so probably not a lot of extra expensive adding the Southern Cross graphic.

Yes. Also just following the modern cruise ship theme. NCL, Aida, P&O UK, now P&O Aust.

If they hadn't there'd probably be some complaining why don't P&O Aus have modern paint jobs like the other lines anyway! :p;)

Looks like P&O Australia is in a race to the bottom. The likes of NCL and Star Cruises have hull art and appeal to the low end market. P&O Australia is now trying to outdo them by going lower.

So P&O UK is also "targeting the low-end market"?

Who knew? :rolleyes:

I suspect that taking my first ever cruise on celebrity will put me off wanting to try p&o for life. And I'm normally pretty easygoing about vacations...

The whole refurbishment seems underwhelming to me.

But it probably won't put people off sailing on her. I know plenty of people who have gone with p&o and loved the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They need to fix the issues on Dawn Princess when it goes in to dry dock, not just "tart it up" like they did with Aria & Eden. We were on Dawn this year and they had numerous issues with toilets in particular. Same goes for the rest of the P&O fleet, reliable hot water and functioning toilets are expected, not optional. One great thing about Emerald Princess recently was the lack of sewerage smells and the reliable functioning of the ship. Even the tenders looked "new"!

Steve.

In my opinion cheap and tacky hull art is a waste of money. Why spend money on cheap and tacky aesthetics when money could be better spend on passenger facilities and comfort.

I bet when it breaks down the budget could be better spent on repairs instead of hull art.

Princess Cruises also has hull art now too, they heading to the bottom as well? :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with a mainstream/ lower end market anyway, high class sophistication doesn't please everyone :eek:

Plenty of people have the southern cross tattoo on their legs these days. Perhaps P&O Australia took inspiration from all of them.

You may be right, there is certainly a high percentage of tattooed people now, and so many of the tattoos are very, very visible.

Princess Cruises also has hull art now too, they heading to the bottom as well? :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with a mainstream/ lower end market anyway, high class sophistication doesn't please everyone :eek:

I am not happy about the changes to the Princess ships with the painting to be done and neither are many others.

I am not after high class, I am after middle class and Princess always was that. I refuse to associate with or have any dealings with bogans and am not in a hurry to surround myself with them on my holidays.