Free art latitude rewards

CruiseLovininIL

Hi. This is our first cruise, where we will be able to get rewards for being latitude members. How do we get our free perks such as art work and such. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I must say I wasn't aware of any rewards for first cruises on NCL.

Interested to hear more.

Interested to hear more.

I think the sentence was poorly worded. I think they meant it's their first cruise as a certain level in NCL Latitude. I was unaware there was a free piece of artwork per cruise at any level.

bc0857a74d0d6d3cc9bfd1d3c004215c.jpg

There's excerpt under onboard discounts about a free piece of art work for attending art auctions. Since it's available to anyone that has ever taken an NCL cruise before don't imagine it will have much value. My next cruise will also be my first one as a latitudes member, so not sure what is worthwhile and what's not. [emoji57]

I think the sentence was poorly worded. I think they meant it's their first cruise as a certain level in NCL Latitude. I was unaware there was a free piece of artwork per cruise at any level.

Thanks, my first NCL coming up (they've only recently started targeting Aus) trying to get up to speed with things like this.

Yeah the free piece of art is literally just a print of something. In my opinion the art is mostly a load of rubbish anyway!

What status are you? When you get to your stateroom everything you need to know will be in there :)

Interested to hear more.

No. I meant it's our first cruise where we have latitude rewards perks. So it's our second NCL cruise. Sorry if I was confusing in previous post [emoji3]

Edited by CruiseLovininIL

The art prints were actually not too bad and provided me with a few cheap prints to fill open wall space in my office, with decent (but inexpensive) frames and mattes I got at Michaels (a craft store).

Hi. This is our first cruise, where we will be able to get rewards for being latitude members. How do we get our free perks such as art work and such. Thanks

If it is your first cruise you won't be Latitude members till AFTER you have completed the cruise.

As others have said, the prints are free gifts for attending the art auctions. You don't have to sign up for them or anything. You just need to go to the art auction and stay until the end. They give them away to everyone at the exit as people leave. If you leave early, you won't get one.

The art auctions are not everyone's cup of tea. If you're not into it, it could be a very long 1.5 hours. If you don't want to go to the auction but want the print, maybe you could try and just slip in with not much time left to go.

Some of the prints by some of the artists are nice. I have seen people trying to sell these free prints on eBay. Sometimes for $75. Wonder if there are any fools who actually buy them at this ridiculous price.

On the first day the art company will have a desk where you can sign up for their advertising; they will give you the free art work.

Last time we were given the exact same artwork each time we attended anything!!

On the first day the art company will have a desk where you can sign up for their advertising; they will give you the free art work.

Last time we were given the exact same artwork each time we attended anything!!

Yes, you can get one then as well. But I guess it differs from cruise to cruise. Last cruise I got four different pieces.

Way more of an important perk for being a Latitudes member is the Latitudes reception you will be invited to. Free drinks served and prizes raffled like bottles of wine, free laundry, etc. Usually just about 40-60 minutes and worth it even if you have a drink package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 months later...

No latitudes members "cocktail party" on the Breakaway, Epic, Getaway, Escape or Sky ships....not sure why....not that I've ever been to one but I thought I might go this time...........on the Breakaway so guess that's out.

No latitudes members "cocktail party" on the Breakaway, Epic, Getaway, Escape or Sky ships....not sure why....not that I've ever been to one but I thought I might go this time...........on the Breakaway so guess that's out.
Hmmm, yes - there were cocktail reception on the Breakaway, hosted by the Captain & a few senior officers along with the CD on a sea day during the latter part of the cruise - all 3 times in the past when we sailed her ... things might've changed recently, so I stand corrected.

It was for Gold and Platinum members (and, now - those being "Plus" and Ambassadors (at our recent cocktail reception on the Gem, we learned that NCL has about 50 Latitude "Ambassadors" in the universe, 2 of them on our sailing 3 weeks ago @ the Spinmaker Lounge ... wow !) ... I can't recall, a bit of senior moment, whether "Silver" were invited or not on the Breakaway - as there could easily be several hundreds or more, one of the CD said.

On the smaller ships with 6 or 7 days itineraries or longer (Sun doing 3 or 4 days, no cocktail reception ...) - cocktail reception were held for Silver & higher - free cocktails/wine & finger food, plus door prizes given away ... But, no free cruise as the grand prize, however.

Yes, there was something in the Freestyle Dailies (plus a "personalized" invite) to attend the "free" Art Auction, with the giveaway printed artwork for just being there ... and "free" drink. Good for those "bored" and looking for something free to do. There are, actually, folks who sit down with sales afterward to buy these prints, promises of free shipping & duty-free, etc.

Hmmm, yes - there were cocktail reception on the Breakaway, hosted by the Captain & a few senior officers along with the CD on a sea day during the latter part of the cruise - all 3 times in the past when we sailed her ... things might've changed recently, so I stand corrected.

It was for Gold and Platinum members (and, now - those being "Plus" and Ambassadors (at our recent cocktail reception on the Gem, we learned that NCL has about 50 Latitude "Ambassadors" in the universe, 2 of them on our sailing 3 weeks ago @ the Spinmaker Lounge ... wow !) ... I can't recall, a bit of senior moment, whether "Silver" were invited or not on the Breakaway - as there could easily be several hundreds or more, one of the CD said.

On the smaller ships with 6 or 7 days itineraries or longer (Sun doing 3 or 4 days, no cocktail reception ...) - cocktail reception were held for Silver & higher - free cocktails/wine & finger food, plus door prizes given away ... But, no free cruise as the grand prize, however.

Yes, there was something in the Freestyle Dailies (plus a "personalized" invite) to attend the "free" Art Auction, with the giveaway printed artwork for just being there ... and "free" drink. Good for those "bored" and looking for something free to do. There are, actually, folks who sit down with sales afterward to buy these prints, promises of free shipping & duty-free, etc.

I am 23 points away from "Gold" member...........so I probably will not get an invite to a Latitudes party. Thanks for posting.

bc0857a74d0d6d3cc9bfd1d3c004215c.jpg

There's excerpt under onboard discounts about a free piece of art work for attending art auctions. Since it's available to anyone that has ever taken an NCL cruise before don't imagine it will have much value....

Free art work. That is funny. Really.