2017 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc.

sjnyc323

Great info so far.....thanks!!!Does anyone know if Kivanc Ucar <F&B> will be on the Escape 4/01/17 Itinerary? Also, I am curious which ship Tom <AHD> is on? (sorry I can't remember Tom's last name).

Thanking you in advance....

2017 NCL Pearl Line Up as of 2/6/17

Captain - Paul Von Knorning - USA

Staff Captain - Vincente Amicone

Chief Engineer - Oleksandr Denysenko

Hotel Director - Cary Turecamo

Food & Beverage - Tony Rosa

Cruise Director - JC Sanchez

Beverage Manager - Kiran Aguiar

Restaurant Manager - Oscar Fernandes

Executive Chef - Francies Comes

Executive Housekeeper - Gladys Torio

Concierge - Naomi

Sorry if I may have misspelled any names - this is a great line up - the Executive Team is very approachable and enjoys receiving feedback! This was one of my favorite of all times on NCL and this team made it GREAT!

2017 NCL Pearl Line Up as of 2/6/17

Captain - Paul Von Knorning - USA

Staff Captain - Vincente Amicone

Chief Engineer - Oleksandr Denysenko

Hotel Director - Cary Turecamo

Food & Beverage - Tony Rosa

Cruise Director - JC Sanchez

Beverage Manager - Kiran Aguiar

Restaurant Manager - Oscar Fernandes

Executive Chef - Francies Comes

Executive Housekeeper - Gladys Torio

Concierge - Naomi

Sorry if I may have misspelled any names - this is a great line up - the Executive Team is very approachable and enjoys receiving feedback! This was one of my favorite of all times on NCL and this team made it GREAT!

Thank you so much Lcarr66!

How is Naomi as a concierge pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is fantastic - very attentive. She trained alongside David on the Getaway and now is has the position on the Pearl!

I don't know if you're in the Haven or not - but there were three Butlers that we absolutely loved, Charles (Night Butler), Ceasar, and L (I couldn't pronounce his name so I called him L) - they were fantastic. Also Jon Jon was our pool attendant where he would serve us breakfast, lunch and drinks in the Haven - it was just fantastic!

If you're out and about - stop by the Martini/Champagne bar and say "hi" to G-Kay and AJ - these two behind the bar are so much fun! They will challenge you with bar tricks if asked!

Have a great cruise!

She is fantastic - very attentive. She trained alongside David on the Getaway and now is has the position on the Pearl!

I don't know if you're in the Haven or not - but there were three Butlers that we absolutely loved, Charles (Night Butler), Ceasar, and L (I couldn't pronounce his name so I called him L) - they were fantastic. Also Jon Jon was our pool attendant where he would serve us breakfast, lunch and drinks in the Haven - it was just fantastic!

If you're out and about - stop by the Martini/Champagne bar and say "hi" to G-Kay and AJ - these two behind the bar are so much fun! They will challenge you with bar tricks if asked!

Have a great cruise!

That's great yes we are in the haven

I had read someplace Naomi was a disaster but glad you had a great experience

OMG! Just my humble opinion, Silas was amazing! Our first cruise every and it felt very special.

Silas Cook is returning as CD and Belinda is going on short vacation before going to Joy in Germany

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As of 8 January:

Hotel Director: Claus Pascher- Austria

Food and Beverage: Mohammad Hasan- Indonesia

Restaurant Manager: Noel Chaves returning 5 February

Sorry that is all I know

I just got off the jewel today, this was claus' last cruise in the jewel.

Virginia was the concierge (awesome, lover her!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's great yes we are in the haven

I had read someplace Naomi was a disaster but glad you had a great experience

Trained under David and a disaster - highly unlikely. David is amazing and ranks with the best.

Curious if it was Yahira(sp)?

Thanks....glad to hear that Bruno D is outstanding as the concierge. Last year we were on the Pearl....let me just say the concierge was not that great.

Looking forward to cruising the Jewel this September.

Curious if it was Yahira(sp)?

Maybe we in Europe are not as fussy - We sailed with Yahira in her early days and she was excellent. You know sometimes you forget these are REAL people and we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes in their lives and you may get an off week. When you are working for an entire 6 months straight even in the hospitality industry it is unacceptable to expect them to top every single day of the contract - They are human beings.

So if it was the person mentioned, do not mention her name in public - This is not a site for name and shame... I can assure you that a long gone European HD we found dreadful (maybe the worst in the industry) but others found him excellent. Personal opinions

Maybe we in Europe are not as fussy - We sailed with Yahira in her early days and she was excellent. You know sometimes you forget these are REAL people and we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes in their lives and you may get an off week. When you are working for an entire 6 months straight even in the hospitality industry it is unacceptable to expect them to top every single day of the contract - They are human beings.

So if it was the person mentioned, do not mention her name in public - This is not a site for name and shame... I can assure you that a long gone European HD we found dreadful (maybe the worst in the industry) but others found him excellent. Personal opinions

I respect your right to curtail posting any negative opinions you may have regarding crew members.

But, I respectfully disagree with your opinion that such negative opinions are off limits or topic by other posters on this thread.

In addition to listing the names and positions of the officers and crew, comments both positive and negative have been an integral part of this thread in its various annual formats for many years.

In fact, some folks have disagreed and debated conflicting opinions of individual crew members which has provided valuable information and insight for all the thread followers.

You mention you are European. That may be a factor in our differing opinion.

In the USA, we have a tradition predating the founding of our nation and engraved into our constitution and laws protecting free speech and prior restraint of it.

Great info so far.....thanks!!!Does anyone know if Kivanc Ucar <F&B> will be on the Escape 4/01/17 Itinerary? Also, I am curious which ship Tom <AHD> is on? (sorry I can't remember Tom's last name).

Thanking you in advance....

I believe Tom (AHD on Escape last year) is no longer with NCL.

I believe Tom (AHD on Escape last year) is no longer with NCL.

As of right now thru March, on The Escape, Jovo is the Hotel Director. Deepak is the F&B Director. Kvanc is on another ship, but I do not know which one. Adrian was to leave as Concierge, to join the Joy in Europe, the first Saturday in March, but I have no idea if that happened. You know so much is touch and go with the new ship coming online. We will be on The Escape in two weeks and I will report back here who was on the ship and who is expected to be on the ship thru May, if they know.