2017 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc.

sjnyc323

Great to know Adrian and David I think you are spot on well said

Just to add to my comment I agree with you 100%. I think some people expect 6* service from a great 4* Cruise line. We saw some pathetic examples last summer where certain people though they owned the Haven and spoke to staff like nothing on earth. Mind you most of the team we meet are 6*+ ::D

An interesting few comments there about how people view members of Staff, particularly those in the concierge role.

We had Yahira as a concierge back in 2014 on the Spirit in Europe. I found her to be fantastic. Was amazed to see her when we boarded the sun on Feb 22nd this year. She was as good as we found her 3 years ago. Very proactive, very efficient at getting stuff done, and very visible and available. She said she had been on the Sky and also the Pearl since we last saw her. I would be overjoyed to sail with her again.

I guess this thing is subjective and a personal taste. There is one concierge who seems to have people singing his praises further up this thread. I found him to be pants. Seemed like things were too much trouble like making a reservation for example, expected me to run after him, didn't answer the phone or return calls and I would prefer not to see him again.

Maybe the difference is Europeans v American. I am European and generally amazed at anyone who performs a service, however small, for me.

An interesting few comments there about how people view members of Staff, particularly those in the concierge role.

We had Yahira as a concierge back in 2014 on the Spirit in Europe. I found her to be fantastic. Was amazed to see her when we boarded the sun on Feb 22nd this year. She was as good as we found her 3 years ago. Very proactive, very efficient at getting stuff done, and very visible and available. She said she had been on the Sky and also the Pearl since we last saw her. I would be overjoyed to sail with her again.

I guess this thing is subjective and a personal taste. There is one concierge who seems to have people singing his praises further up this thread. I found him to be pants. Seemed like things were too much trouble like making a reservation for example, expected me to run after him, didn't answer the phone or return calls and I would prefer not to see him again.

Maybe the difference is Europeans v American. I am European and generally amazed at anyone who performs a service, however small, for me.

Can I ask what "I found him to be pants" means?

It does go back to expectations, and sometimes comparisons. Expectations aren't limited to the differences between Americans and Europeans. There are a lot of comparisons to people who you've enjoyed in the same role previously. We aren't high maintenance people. Pretty easy to please. I take more note of how friendly or chatty someone is, and if they seem genuine.

Can I ask what "I found him to be pants" means?

It does go back to expectations, and sometimes comparisons. Expectations aren't limited to the differences between Americans and Europeans. There are a lot of comparisons to people who you've enjoyed in the same role previously. We aren't high maintenance people. Pretty easy to please. I take more note of how friendly or chatty someone is, and if they seem genuine.

You make some very good points that I had not considered.

I think that personality differences can also alter our perceptions of others.

We all know that not everyone "clicks" with everyone else.

I have had HD's that I did not care for, even though I knew that they did an excellent job.

I have loved and respected nearly every officer and crew member that I have met on all of our 20 some NCL cruises though.

I am American, and I also appreciate all of the services offered, no matter how small.

Judy

Does anyone know if Marek Bus is still with NCL? He was either food and beverage director or restaurant manager. Had been on the Gem a few years back and left to go to another ship.

We were on the Jewel in Jan/Feb (16-night Panama Canal). I'm virtually certain he was the Restaurant Mgr. (My docs are buried right now or I'd pull them out to check.) Really nice guy.

3b72fc84a773919692d05995e4b094ca.jpg

Just got off the Escape March 11th... here is the list of officers....Tyler is still there as CD - fantastic.... Jose Papi has left as Bar Manager to the Joy.... Jovo and his team were great....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much!!! We are sailing this Saturday and we were hoping Jovo was back! We also enjoyed Tyler back in September! I heard he was going on vacation soon--do you think he's staying on this upcoming week?

Thank you so much for providing the Escape update......and was so happy to read that you had a nice trip.

I am now counting the days -16 days to be exact until I am sipping a Mojito poolside on the beautiful Escape once again.

We were on the Jewel in Jan/Feb (16-night Panama Canal). I'm virtually certain he was the Restaurant Mgr. (My docs are buried right now or I'd pull them out to check.) Really nice guy.

Thank you...very nice man, cruising on the Jewel soon, it would be nice to see him again. He was so nice to my family...

Does anyone know if Marek Bus is still with NCL? He was either food and beverage director or restaurant manager. Had been on the Gem a few years back and left to go to another ship.

Marek Bus was Noel Chaves vacation replacement on The Jewel in December and January. Noel returned on the 5th of February. Not sure if Marek went to another ship or is on his own vacation.

Marek Bus was Noel Chaves vacation replacement on The Jewel in December and January. Noel returned on the 5th of February. Not sure if Marek went to another ship or is on his own vacation.

And lets not forget to mention that Noel Chaves is a wonderful gentle and kind man and is very much under quoted here. A great restaurant manager. He has been on the Jewel for a long time now and we miss him in Europe.

Hi,

We leave on the STAR in 9 days and I have heard that Hano will

be our concierge. I have also heard that he is a rather tall

German man and that he is very nice.

Can anyone tell me anything else about Hano or other officers who are on the STAR

right now?

Thanks so much.

Judy

Have a great cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have a great cruise

Hi,

We leave on the STAR in 9 days and I have heard that Hano will

be our concierge. I have also heard that he is a rather tall

German man and that he is very nice.

Can anyone tell me anything else about Hano or other officers who are on the STAR

right now?

Thanks so much.

Judy

Thanks Suzie,

It's been a few years since we've been on the STAR and we're looking forward to it.

The cruise from Dubai to Venice should be amazing.

Watch for photos....you know where.

Judy

Thanks Suzie,

It's been a few years since we've been on the STAR and we're looking forward to it.

The cruise from Dubai to Venice should be amazing.

Watch for photos....you know where.

Judy

Enjoy and say hi to Odie for me

So, I'll be happy to say Hi to Odie on the Star.

Just give me a clue as to where I can find him (her?).

Thanks!

Judy

You should know Odie Lopez from Star way back. He's at guest services with Shenny. Here we are with Odie5beb8ba7f677d311571c6e4ba1262be4.jpg