2017 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc.

sjnyc323

As of right now thru March, on The Escape, Jovo is the Hotel Director. Deepak is the F&B Director. Kvanc is on another ship, but I do not know which one. Adrian was to leave as Concierge, to join the Joy in Europe, the first Saturday in March, but I have no idea if that happened. You know so much is touch and go with the new ship coming online. We will be on The Escape in two weeks and I will report back here who was on the ship and who is expected to be on the ship thru May, if they know.

Adrian left Escape last week and Rashida is concierge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I respect your right to curtail posting any negative opinions you may have regarding crew members.

But, I respectfully disagree with your opinion that such negative opinions are off limits or topic by other posters on this thread.

In addition to listing the names and positions of the officers and crew, comments both positive and negative have been an integral part of this thread in its various annual formats for many years.

In fact, some folks have disagreed and debated conflicting opinions of individual crew members which has provided valuable information and insight for all the thread followers.

You mention you are European. That may be a factor in our differing opinion.

In the USA, we have a tradition predating the founding of our nation and engraved into our constitution and laws protecting free speech and prior restraint of it.

A great reply which I totally respect. We speak the same language but the country's are worlds apart. I

Though I think you missed my main point People have off days/weeks and does that warrant a public mentioning. We forget these are people with feelings. Free speech exists here too.

Mind you thankfully talking to crew over the years they really do not care about the stuff on Cruise Critic as they know it is only one person opinion and those we spoke do not even read it!

A great reply which I totally respect. We speak the same language but the country's are worlds apart. I

Though I think you missed my main point People have off days/weeks and does that warrant a public mentioning. We forget these are people with feelings. Free speech exists here too.

Mind you thankfully talking to crew over the years they really do not care about the stuff on Cruise Critic as they know it is only one person opinion and those we spoke do not even read it!

I understood exactly what both of you were saying. I think one person giving their opinion is their opinion. But when you get more than one on different cruises about the same person, it does show a pattern. Plus, there are posters on here whose opinions I give much more weight to because we have similar tastes and expectations. I think naming names is good. Just because I see one opinion about a person, that doesn't mean I go into a cruise expecting to see that same attitude &/or behavior, but I might recognize it faster because of it.

As of right now thru March, on The Escape, Jovo is the Hotel Director. Deepak is the F&B Director. Kvanc is on another ship, but I do not know which one. Adrian was to leave as Concierge, to join the Joy in Europe, the first Saturday in March, but I have no idea if that happened. You know so much is touch and go with the new ship coming online. We will be on The Escape in two weeks and I will report back here who was on the ship and who is expected to be on the ship thru May, if they know.

Thanks for the update.....We are cruising on Escape 4/01 so I would love any updates. Enjoy your cruise !!!!!

I understood exactly what both of you were saying. I think one person giving their opinion is their opinion. But when you get more than one on different cruises about the same person, it does show a pattern. Plus, there are posters on here whose opinions I give much more weight to because we have similar tastes and expectations. I think naming names is good. Just because I see one opinion about a person, that doesn't mean I go into a cruise expecting to see that same attitude &/or behavior, but I might recognize it faster because of it.

Thanks - I agree about patterns just can not understand why people want name and shame....but hey ho if they do ............We are all different. I wonder if I did mention the awful HD we encountered how many people would agree.

Have a great week

Yes, it was Yahira. This was my first time in the Haven and she was a total disappointment.

Really - we met her on the Spirit when she was new and she was brilliant. There job can also be made more difficult by poor assistants.

Really - we met her on the Spirit when she was new and she was brilliant. There job can also be made more difficult by poor assistants.

We just got off Epic and one of the assistants, Eduard was a favorite. We look forward to the day he will be our concierge!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

By assistant....do you mean the butler? If so, our butler (William) on the Pearl was amazing!

Not just the larger/newer ships. We were on the Jewel last month, and the concierge had an assistant.

They are having to do that because so many are platinum, and one of those platinum perks is used of a concierge. So you're right - it is expanding past the larger/newer ships. I don't know if it's on all the ships now.

I had my first cruise this past week on the Jade and really enjoyed it! (Best and last spring break I've had).

I really appreciated all of the crew members, not just the CD and different managers. How often do they switch ships? I'm looking to sail again on the Jade at the end of the year/early 2018, and was wondering how frequent it is to for the bartenders and wait staff to change ships, if at all?

I had my first cruise this past week on the Jade and really enjoyed it! (Best and last spring break I've had).

I really appreciated all of the crew members, not just the CD and different managers. How often do they switch ships? I'm looking to sail again on the Jade at the end of the year/early 2018, and was wondering how frequent it is to for the bartenders and wait staff to change ships, if at all?

Different positions have different contract lengths.

The change in ships is now frequent so please do not expect (although you may see some same faces) to the same people

Great how was the rest of the team I bet you were not disappointed!

Excellent. Maxi the magnificent was our Butler. Leah was Concierge. Pedro was CD and Hernan Asst Rest Mgr. I have previously cruised with Pedro and Hernan twice. Our cruise was fantastic!!! We were definately not dissapointed.

Excellent. Maxi the magnificent was our Butler. Leah was Concierge. Pedro was CD and Hernan Asst Rest Mgr. I have previously cruised with Pedro and Hernan twice. Our cruise was fantastic!!! We were definately not dissapointed.

Oh how lucky you were!

Maxi is a legend and has been with NCL forever.

He is so good, it's hard to say enough wonderful things about him.

Pedro is also wonderful.

I've never sailed with Lisa or Hernan, but I'm sure they are super also.

Hope I can attach a photo of Maxi. 68ed2eeafb224e576f08db63005c167b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh how lucky you were!

Maxi is a legend and has been with NCL forever.

He is so good, it's hard to say enough wonderful things about him.

Pedro is also wonderful.

I've never sailed with Lisa or Hernan, but I'm sure they are super also.

Hope I can attach a photo of Maxi. 68ed2eeafb224e576f08db63005c167b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great picture of Maxi. Thanks so much for attaching. I love it.