Customs and immigration

abb4k

We heard the CBP folks were standing by with a brass band to play and cheer all those from Hollywood who said they were going to Canada? The last we heard not one has actually gone to Canada...

That's cuz we built the wall! And America paid for it. [emoji383] [emoji383][emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Been across the border by vehicle more times than I can count and have never been scrutinized returning home by the Canadian Border Services. Was torn apart by the US side going in a couple of times in the last 10 or so years. Luck of the draw? Probably...

Airports... never been scrutinized by the US but have had our luggage searched by the Canadian side coming home a couple of times. Vancouver & Calgary airports.. luck of the draw? Probably...

YMMV

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We keep getting questions since I was traveling with the Ex. (we road trip still) and when the Canada Border would ask how we knew each other after telling them we were from Texas/Michigan, we would answer differently. The US side would just ask if we stopped at Duty Free since Michiganers cut through Canada from New England as a shortcut and some who hate Ohio.

We keep getting questions since I was traveling with the Ex. (we road trip still) and when the Canada Border would ask how we knew each other after telling them we were from Texas/Michigan, we would answer differently. The US side would just ask if we stopped at Duty Free since Michiganers cut through Canada from New England as a shortcut and some who hate Ohio.

Yes... anything out of the ordinary will certainly get their attention. I once crossed the border with the 17 year old DD without the DW. I did have an authorization letter from the DW but they phoned her anyway to confirm. I have no issue with them doing their job. :)

It's an easy process to cross when you've got nothing to hide. Answer the questions asked and don't offer anything extra if not asked. Easy peasy.. :cool: :)

What's wrong with Ohio? :D

Yes... anything out of the ordinary will certainly get their attention. I once crossed the border with the 17 year old DD without the DW. I did have an authorization letter from the DW but they phoned her anyway to confirm. I have no issue with them doing their job. :)

It's an easy process to cross when you've got nothing to hide. Answer the questions asked and don't offer anything extra if not asked. Easy peasy.. :cool: :)

What's wrong with Ohio? :D

And, someone from Pennsylvania will try to avoid BOTH Ohio and Michigan...;)

College sports - University of Michigan, Ohio State University, Penn State - alumni and followers of any of these will have an inbred hatred of the others...

Before I was divorced, my now-ex and I were building a place up in the Three Sisters development in Canmore. Was going to spend the maximum allowable time up there each year, to get away from Bush and his idiocy. Wish I still had that place now...

And, someone from Pennsylvania will try to avoid BOTH Ohio and Michigan...;)

College sports - University of Michigan, Ohio State University, Penn State - alumni and followers of any of these will have an inbred hatred of the others...

Before I was divorced, my now-ex and I were building a place up in the Three Sisters development in Canmore. Was going to spend the maximum allowable time up there each year, to get away from Bush and his idiocy. Wish I still had that place now...

Ahhhh now it makes sense.. I didn't think about the good ol rivalries. :) We have a similar one between Calgary & Edmonton with Hockey & Football.

Three Sisters is a beautiful place. Sad it didn't work out. My ex-neighbour has been working up there for a fair number of years now. He does hardwood floors and has done literally hundreds of condos etc in that development. It's possible he did yours? Gary is his name.

Ahhhh now it makes sense.. I didn't think about the good ol rivalries. :) We have a similar one between Calgary & Edmonton with Hockey & Football.

Three Sisters is a beautiful place. Sad it didn't work out. My ex-neighbour has been working up there for a fair number of years now. He does hardwood floors and has done literally hundreds of condos etc in that development. It's possible he did yours? Gary is his name.

I haven't met Gary, but do you know Mike from Canmore? ;)

All good points, thanks for the thoughts. Concur on safety and border protection, just have always thought re-entry for cruise passengers could be handled more efficiently.

Also wonder what percentage of cruise passengers declare more than their duty free allowance ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Travel much? Just given the sheer numbers of traveler's, North American border controls are among the most efficient in the world. Grin and bear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In which direction???? We heard the CBP folks were standing by with a brass band to play and cheer all those from Hollywood who said they were going to Canada? The last we heard not one has actually gone to Canada...but since when does anyone believe or listen to any of those jokers.

Hank

Yep. Just like Rush was going to leave if ACA passed. Of course we knew he was a liar.

Our developer handled everything I will say that the finishings in the places in Three Sisters were very nice. I fell in love with Canmore the first time I went there back in the late 1990s.

You guys must have loved The Ohio State getting skunked in the Fiesta Bowl.

Our most recent return to the United States was from Ireland where the CBP inspection is done prior to boarding the return flight to USA. It was the most thorough inspection I have encountered. The passports were inserted into a machine that compared our face to that on the passport. Next station had a video terminal showing our luggage and the officer asked us if it was ours.

Science!:eek:

You guys must have loved The Ohio State getting skunked in the Fiesta Bowl.

Our most recent return to the United States was from Ireland where the CBP inspection is done prior to boarding the return flight to USA. It was the most thorough inspection I have encountered. The passports were inserted into a machine that compared our face to that on the passport. Next station had a video terminal showing our luggage and the officer asked us if it was ours.

Science!:eek:

I was born in Ohio so hold a dual citizenship so I win both ways.:D

If the border people are any good which is doubtful, they can watch you to see if you are nervous. This might warrant further checks. Some countries depend upon slightly extended interviews and not electronics to guard their borders.

DON

What do you mean "If the Border People are any good which is doubtful"?