First thing to do when you board?

norwane

So, when we board the Pride in less than 2 weeks (:D:D:D), after we go to customer service, to ask for our balcony to be opened up, what then? Will Guy's and the Cantina be open for lunch? Do most folks just head to the buffet? What do people do after they board?

We do have FTTF as well, if that helps.

Thanks!

So, when we board the Pride in less than 2 weeks (:D:D:D), after we go to customer service, to ask for our balcony to be opened up, what then? Will Guy's and the Cantina be open for lunch? Do most folks just head to the buffet? What do people do after they board?

Thanks!

Drop your bags off and go directly to lido to eat.

We are boarding the Pride in a few hours and will be able to drop off our carry ons first. Then head to Mongolian Wok for lunch. The lines for there are always long and we think that early on the first day it won't be that bad. Then we will explore the ship until time for muster. You are sailing right after us. Enjoy!

First things first, Gotta get something to eat. Then a bucket of beer, and people watch for a couple hours before muster station. We go down to our cabin and meet the cabin steward, We ususally give them a little something to show our appreciation rite off the get go.

Edited by FSHLOT

Last cruise we traveled the day after DD's 21st birthday, so our first stop was the lobby bar for drinks. Then we found the cabin and dropped off our bags, explored the ship a little and went to Cucina del Capitano for lunch when we got hungry.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Board as early as possible, go directly to cabin (FTTF) and put carry on stuff away, find our cabin servicer to introduce ourselves and make sure we give them something upfront ;) and ask for ice, couple of extra pillows and extra bath towels. Check out balcony and open our first bottle of wine to toast on balcony. Then go explore the ship and find some food for each of us (Tandoor if available and Guys).

As you can see almost everyone has the same routine.Arrival time at the port is not a priority to us. We usually arrive around 12-1230pm. Being platinum and not having to arrive at a specific time is a nice perk. We grab a drink, drop our carry ons off in the cabin, then head to the lido deck for lunch at Guys burgers my wife has a burrito, and we have another drink or two. I have had a burger first on every cruise we have taken, its a ritual for me. We try to sit just off the pool area at a table and people watch, while realizing we are finally on vacation. After an hour or so we split up, wife wanders the ship and I continue to relax in the sun. We meet up in the cabin for muster drill and then back up to the lido deck for sail away. At this time I begin to photograph the ship and port, while taking in the party atmosphere as we depart.

We go to the Lido deck to grab lunch - all of the venues there will be open for lunch embarkation day.

Then we check in with our new cabin steward and unpack our carry on bags.

We often have a glass of wine on our balcony while we wait for muster. By the time muster is over the big bags have arrived and we quickly unpack putting the empty cases under the bed.

By the time we sail away we're totally nested in and prepared for a lovely vacation. :D:D

Edited by summersigh

I usually board later so I go directly to my cabin to drop off my carryon. Then I head to the Atrium Bar to get an iced cold draft beer. Then I head to Lido for a quick lunch. I have to make sure I get a piece of the apple crumb cake for dessert. It is my favorite Carnival dessert and it is only offered at the embarkation buffet lunch. Then I head to my cabin for a snooze to wait for the muster drill. After the muster drill, I feel the cruise officially starts.

Since we're not platinum yet and don't see the benefit of spending $69.95 for FTTF.....we carry on as little as possible. We know our rooms won't be ready so we head up to the lido deck for an amazing feast. Order a drink, sit back and relax...whew! We're finally on VACATION!!!!!!!!!! After lunch we head to our assigned dining room to see where our table is and if we're happy with everything. If not it's the best time to get things changed. We then wander the ship, check our room out, unpack anything that may have arrived. By then it's time for muster drill, then back up to lido deck for a wonderful sailaway party!!

Thanks!

We go the room drop off our bags and head to the Lido, normally to get a drink on the bar and then to get some food :)

First thing is to change into my speedo and start tanning........

aaa.jpg

Remember, You were the one that asked!!!

Brahahaha. . . That's hilarious!! Wished I'd have thought of that. :D

My routine has changed over time. First thing use to be to snatch an ashtray from one of the bars so I had it for my balcony. Now days, 2 things have changed. . . no smoking on the balcony plus I quit smoking about 9 months ago. :) Soooo, will get unpacked, get something to eat, (probably Guy's Burgers), scope out the ship while I take pictures and send them back home to the people that are still in the "frozen tundra". LOL Then find a nice place in the sun to people watch. You won't see me in a speedo, :eek: but hey. . . to each his own! LOL :D You're on vacation so live like you mean it!

Dave :cool: