What will the Regal be doing on the night of November 12, 2017?

Go-Bucks!

The new Medallion thing debuts on Royal on November 13, so they're probably doing some sort of big launch party? Or running around the ship trying to get all the wires connected?

Probably final testing of the system.

1 Day Nov 13, 2017

Ocean Preview Cruise

Roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Source: Princess.Com

Actually, that cruise is for 2 days (13th and 14th), then they do a 4 day on 3/15.

And, yes, I was asking about the 12th when the Regal will just be staying in Port Everglades overnight after we get off. Makes sense that they might be finishing up the installation of Medallion. Sure glad they won't be utilizing it on my cruise!! :D

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Actually, that cruise is for 2 days (13th and 14th), then they do a 4 day on 3/15.

And, yes, I was asking about the 12th when the Regal will just be staying in Port Everglades overnight after we get off. Makes sense that they might be finishing up the installation of Medallion. Sure glad they won't be utilizing it on my cruise!! :D

They won't have it "live" on your cruise but you will see the new touch screens. They are installing a LOT of them around the ship during the 10 day dry dock. The figure 4,000 was mentioned.

Right. Seems to be a dry run.

Seems it would be more than a dry run.

Will need to change the door locks on 1780 cabins during those 24 hours.

The old ones will not work with a medallion and the new ones will not work with a cruise card (per the pictures shown so far by Princess).

Seems it would be more than a dry run.

Will need to change the door locks on 1780 cabins during those 24 hours.

The old ones will not work with a medallion and the new ones will not work with a cruise card (per the pictures shown so far by Princess).

They seem to be very confident with their self-imposed deadline.

Will need to change the door locks on 1780 cabins during those 24 hours. The old ones will not work with a medallion and the new ones will not work with a cruise card (per the pictures shown so far by Princess).

Since using the Medallion will be optional, how can they make the cabin doors only work with it? :confused:

We'll be taking a cruise on the Regal from Nov. 5-12, 2017. The next published Regal cruise begins on Nov. 13, 2017. I'm curious what it will be doing for 1 overnight in Ft. Lauderdale?

Anyone know? :confused:

My guess is last-minute testing of the new Medallion service.

Since using the Medallion will be optional, how can they make the cabin doors only work with it? :confused:

Other info says that it will not be optional.

What is optional is what you can customize the Medallion to do or not do.

You do not customize the Medallion itself, but customize the configuration that will go onto the ship's computers that communicate with the Medallion.

Not having read all the details, I suspect they will have those door locks like hotels do - where you touch your card to it, or wave it in front. Then you could use card or medallion. thus, how would you get a duplicate key to your kids cabins? EM

• 4 months later...

The first Medallion cruise on the Regal is now leaving at 9pm instead of 4pm on November 13th so guessing they need more prep time for the launch. It also has an itinerary change for it's only port stop - Nassau instead of Princess Cays - which I suppose is a shorter trip.

Sandra

• 1 month later...
We'll be taking a cruise on the Regal from Nov. 5-12, 2017. The next published Regal cruise begins on Nov. 13, 2017. I'm curious what it will be doing for 1 overnight in Ft. Lauderdale?

Anyone know? :confused:

Just curious - why would you care????

Perhaps a Coast Guard inspection or a health inspection.