Princess deregistered me

jagsfan

I've logged on the Princess multiple times over the years. I've logged on a lot since I booked our upcoming March cruise.

Yesterday I tried to sign in, it didn't recognize my log in. I clicked on forgot password after trying several times. It didn't recognize my email address.

I registered my email address and my old password and was welcomed like they've never seen me before!

Got an email from the Captain, etc.

It's funny, because I got a couple in December, so my banishment is fairly recent!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've logged on the Princess multiple times over the years. I've logged on a lot since I booked our upcoming March cruise.

Yesterday I tried to sign in, it didn't recognize my log in. I clicked on forgot password after trying several times. It didn't recognize my email address.

I registered my email address and my old password and was welcomed like they've never seen me before!

It's funny, because I got a couple in December, so my banishment is fairly recent!

We've had the same problem after the last 2 cruises we booked. First time it was myself and then my wife last week. After speaking to a Captain Circle rep, we found out it was because on each booking one of us had the other person email logged against them therefore canceling your Princess log in.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Happened to DH (but not me) last month. :confused:

We've had the same problem after the last 2 cruises we booked. First time it was myself and then my wife last week. After speaking to a Captain Circle rep, we found out it was because on each booking one of us had the other person email logged against them therefore canceling your Princess log in.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Nah!! We've switched back & forth with the "primary" email many times and the first time one of us got cancelled was last month.

Yesterday I tried to sign in, it didn't recognize my log in.

You need to be holding your Ocean Medallion Class Medallion,

then spin around twice, and click your heels together.

You either end of logged in, or in Arnold Donald's back yard.

Have you called their customer service line to see what the issue might be? I work with self-service online systems and, yes, the issue might be how they treat an email address which may be shared among multiple parties, but there may be another issue at work.

My wife and I have and keep separate email addresses because using a shared email address for online systems will sometimes cause confusion with a system that you may be loging into. My wife and I both have Princess.com accounts and we use our separate email addresses and have never had an issue.

Then again, the email address you use for Princes may not be the issue here.

This happened to me some time back. What had happened was that the system had reset to an old email address that I haven't used on Princess in years. Personal Planner sorted it out for me by telling me what the email address on file was, so I was able to get back in and change the email address to what it should be.

DH and I each have our own email addresses. He's never even looked at Princess's website.

It was just a fluke, I'm sure.

At least I got to register with my original password!

DH and I each have our own email addresses. He's never even looked at Princess's website.

It was just a fluke, I'm sure.

At least I got to register with my original password!

Have you checked your personalizer to make sure past cruises, FCD, etc. all show up properly? Before re-creating my account I would have called Princess to see if they could straighten it out.

This happened to me some time back. What had happened was that the system had reset to an old email address that I haven't used on Princess in years. Personal Planner sorted it out for me by telling me what the email address on file was, so I was able to get back in and change the email address to what it should be.

Same with me and the rep told me the old address as well. Only difference was that she just updated my email address while I was on the phone with her.

Have you checked your personalizer to make sure past cruises, FCD, etc. all show up properly? Before re-creating my account I would have called Princess to see if they could straighten it out.

Everything was perfect, they just lost my email address and password. When I registered, the greeting was "welcome to Princess, Captain's Circle member".

They knew me!

Edited by jagsfan

Today for the heck of it, I tried to sign on again after I reregistered again yesterday. Princess did NOT recognize my email address and password again. Monday I'll give up and call.

I keep getting the message "There was an error in the processing of your request. Please check the information and try again. If you continue to have problems, please call 1-800-PRINCESS and we will be happy to assist you". I'm not sure if the two issues are related. It shows my booking number, I just can't get past the Booked Guests log in. I'm on hold with them now.

Just happened to my husband's account last week. Here is what happened- When I booked our next cruise, it defaulted his account with my email address. After spending an hour on the phone with Princess, we finally got it straightened out--- for one day.

The next day- it shut him out again.

Finally- I used my email account to create a new password for him (different from my password). Then I went in as my husband and reset his email on the specific cruise AND in his Captain's Circle info. Then I reset his password.

So far, fingers crossed, this has worked.

The customer service rep said they are having difficulty with their site. She thinks it has probably been overloaded due to the tragedy in Fort Lauderdale yesterday. She advised me to try again tomorrow. She did confirm all of my cruise information, so that made me feel better.