happy hour on princess cruises

kaiser369

would like to know if anyone can tell me if there is one,and at what times,i never buy the drinks package as i find it expensive and i would stuggle to drink the amount to make it worthwhile,but on my last cruise on celebrity they had the same thing as princess at around the same cost,which again i didnt purchase, but around four in the afternoon one of the poo bars had happy hour on cocktails which was great after a day out on a trip,, then later in one of the bars they had a happy hour from 10 till 11 which again was good as we came out of the restaurant around that time..

Generally twice a day there is a BOGO - Buy one and get the second (identical) drink for $1. It's a great deal. I usually would get straight scotch or bourbon and ask them to put both pours in one glass. If you like, only one of you can order a drink - say a Mojito - and then the other person in your party can have the second drink.

There should be one BOGO in the afternoon and another in the evening.

Edited by Thrak

Per my review of the Princess Patter it appears that the ship offers happy Hour twice each day 3PM -4PM BOGO and 10PM -11PM Bogo

Buy one get second for $ 1.00

Not sure at which bar

Sailing on Coral 03/18/2017

Hope it is true:):):)

Royal was Crooner's 3-4 and Club 6 11-12.

Yes, that is what we experienced, as well. I wish we knew why some ships have the evening BOGO from 10-11 and others are 11-12. The later one just doesn't work for us so we never go. Who makes the decision for the time?

Someone posted Patters from the Coral from October and I noticed they had BOGO listed from 9-10 pm!

Even better!

:)

On a 17 day canal transit (Fall 2015) Coral had the afternoon BOGO in Wheelhouse and the evening BOGO in Explorer's. They did move it up to 9:00 - 10:00. I asked a bartender why it was moved up and he said the passenger base was on the older side so they moved it up to accommodate the fact that the passengers mostly didn't stay up real late. It's pretty common for longer cruises to have an older crowd.

Last cruise in September which was a TA, the BOGO$1 was 3-4 pm in club fusion and 10-11 pm in skywalkers. The afternoon one overlapped with trivia so the room was a bit divided in what pax were doing there. That cruise the pax were certainly in the senior category and not much went on late at night. We had AIBP as a perk so it was not that great a deal but met with our friends aboard who did not have AIBP. BOGO$1 is a good deal.

Went on a 7 night cruise last month on the Sea Princess and no happy hour at all - when I asked was told it was only for cruises of more than 7 nights. Can anyone tell me if this applies right across Princess ships worldwide, or just here in Australia?

Went on a 7 night cruise last month on the Sea Princess and no happy hour at all - when I asked was told it was only for cruises of more than 7 nights. Can anyone tell me if this applies right across Princess ships worldwide, or just here in Australia?

Not across the fleet. We had BOGO on our recent 7 day cruise.

To my knowledge cruises in Australian waters don't do the Happy Hour-I sailed on the Golden Princess 11/11/2016 and no Happy Hour but I did have the Platinum/Elite/Suite function in Skywalkers Bar. Missed the Friday, attended the Saturday and Bass Strait was getting a little rough so I decided to stay on the lower decks, I didn't like the swaying feeling up so high. Didn't actually get seasick but took no chances. The Focaccia and Smoked Salmon was delicious!

I have seen it mentioned for a New Zealand Cruise of 14 nights IIRC sailing from Melbourne. HTH.

To my knowledge cruises in Australian waters don't do the Happy Hour-I sailed on the Golden Princess 11/11/2016 and no Happy Hour but I did have the Platinum/Elite/Suite function in Skywalkers Bar. Missed the Friday, attended the Saturday and Bass Strait was getting a little rough so I decided to stay on the lower decks, I didn't like the swaying feeling up so high. Didn't actually get seasick but took no chances. The Focaccia and Smoked Salmon was delicious!

I have seen it mentioned for a New Zealand Cruise of 14 nights IIRC sailing from Melbourne. HTH.

I have been on cruises in Australia where they have happy hour - once on the Sun Princess to North QLD and the other on the Diamond Princess to Fiji. There seems to be no consistency with their policy even here within Australia.

Generally twice a day there is a BOGO - Buy one and get the second (identical) drink for $1. It's a great deal. I usually would get straight scotch or bourbon and ask them to put both pours in one glass. If you like, only one of you can order a drink - say a Mojito - and then the other person in your party can have the second drink.

There should be one BOGO in the afternoon and another in the evening.

Hi Thrak and everyone else.

How large are the pours? I don't drink alcohol, but my other half makes up for me not drinking. Our last princess cruise, he bought the AIBP and had at least 2 drinks before dinner because the pours were small. He normally drinks straight scotch, bourbon or Canadian pours. This next cruise is a 14 day one and the AIBP can add up pretty quickly. The BOGOs sound like the answer. He can then buy a wine bottle package and we are set!

We are looking forward to your excellent information on this issue.

Happy Cruising