Celebrity/Royal Reciprocal Tier Question

I hope I can make this question as clear as possible.

Our first several cruises were with Celebrity. When we took our first cruise with Royal we were able to put our Captain Club points toward a reciprocal level with Royal. We were Select on Celebrity; Emerald on Royal.

Fast forward, our points with Celebrity have increased. Will Royal accept these new points? If so we can move up on the Royal tier list.

Or are you only allowed one move between cruise lines?

I plan to call tomorrow, but in the meantime I sure hope this was clear....

Thanks for any help you can provide.

There is a status exchange to some extent. We are D+ on Royal and we're Elite on Celebrity. I think that is as far as it goes. It was automatic.

For us, it wasn't automatic. I had to call to get my equal tier level.

So, it goes by tier level, not number of points? That makes a difference.

Thanks for clarifying. Appreciate it.

For us, it wasn't automatic. I had to call to get my equal tier level.

So, it goes by tier level, not number of points? That makes a difference.

Thanks for clarifying. Appreciate it.

Correct.

Platinum and Emerald are honored as Select on Celebrity. Select on Celebrity is recognized as Emerald.

Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle are honored as Elite on Celebrity. Elite and higher on Celebrity are recognized as Diamond on Royal.

Ive been looking at celebrity to try something different. I feel like I've really confused myself with how status rolls over. Im an emerald member on RC. I have never sailed with celebrity. I understand that my emerald status will transfer over to the equivalent status on Celebrity. For example, my emerald status transfers to captain club--Does this mean that I earn points from the celebrity sailing starting as a captain club member or would I earn points starting at the bottom?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ive been looking at celebrity to try something different. I feel like I've really confused myself with how status rolls over. Im an emerald member on RC. I have never sailed with celebrity. I understand that my emerald status will transfer over to the equivalent status on Celebrity. For example, my emerald status transfers to captain club--Does this mean that I earn points from the celebrity sailing starting as a captain club member or would I earn points starting at the bottom?

No points are transferred between cruise lines.

Your Emerald level would translate into Select level on Celebrity. You would be Select with zero Celebrity points.

I was SO excited there for a while. We would be Diamond on Royal if points transferred. Guess I gotta pick out a few more cruises.

The point systems used by the two lines are completely different, though RCI will probably get closer to a Celebrity like system soon.

• 1 month later...
So it is only celeberty that will give you = status for a cruise using Royals points?

I believe Azamara uses Celebrity's loyalty program, so if your RC points get you status on Celebrity, then you have status on Azamara too.

Those are the only two cruise lines with receiprocity to RC.

And unlike the Royal/ Celebrity points not being reciprocal. Azamara and Celebrity points count both ways. So if you take Celebrity cruise the points count toward both your Celebrity and Azamara status and vice versa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MSC will also match their loyalty program with whatever level you are on Royal or Celebrity (and most other lines). MSC also usually has much lower cabin prices than most of the other lines.

What benefits does one accrue on MSC if D+ on RCL.