Carnival Glory 1/7/17 Disaster

Ddbraxt

I was sympathetic until I read

An immediate uproar erupted on the ship. People protested, and complained to customer service for hours. Myself and a few other close friends gained over 650 signatures of upset and disappointed passengers who wished we would have had the opportunity to go to another island.

I'd be too embarrassed to admit to being a part of that group.

Edited by Rudyard

I was on a cruise that was scheduled to call in Rome on May 1, a major holiday and most of the major sites are closed. A lot of pax were upset and one thought we should take a vote and have the captain take the ship where the majority wanted to go. That was good for a chuckle.

Petitions? You mean some kind of class action?

Null and void under the contract you accepted.

Bad weather? Not their issue. Safety first,

Missed port? Part of contract.

You don't read contract? Your issue.

New to cruise critic with only negative review? Answer not allowed.

Cant blame Carnival for mother nature my friend. Sounds like they did everything they could and all are safe! You were not stranded or in any danger. You as an experienced cruiser should know this. What does getting married have to do with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me too! Wonder if behavior like that could get you thrown in the brig for something along the lines of mutiny? Or even banned from cruising?

Now that OP copped to being one of the ringleaders, CCL can go ahead and ban the OP from cruising for life!

Disaster? I consider a disaster the ship sinking or something that drastic. Disappointing? Definitely.

Carnival was in a no win situation unfortunately. If they would have slowed down to have regard "for the safety and discomfort of the passengers" as you say, then people would be up in arms that it wasn't even attempted.

Look, I get that it wasn't the cruise everyone was expecting. But it was far from a disaster. Ports are never guaranteed and no one has control over the weather. It would have been in Carnival's best interest to call on HMC and GT as they run the island. They lost a lot of money those days and the decisions don't come lightly. If one questions the integrity and judgement of the Captain, then it's best to find an alternate mode of vacation.

I'm glad that you had a great wedding and hope you can put all the things that didn't work out as planned behind you and start working on the next one :).

Obviously you didn't get the point that the problem was not because of the weather... - the wife

Cant blame Carnival for mother nature my friend. Sounds like they did everything they could and all are safe! You were not stranded or in any danger. You as an experienced cruiser should know this. What does getting married have to do with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

THE WEATHER WASNT THE PROBLEM... and we were on the cruise for our wedding.. sorry that that's irrelevant to you - the wife

I was sympathetic until I read

I'd be too embarrassed to admit to being a part of that group.

What's more embarrassing is walking around a ship having to dodge human waste... you would've protested too - the wife

Now that OP copped to being one of the ringleaders, CCL can go ahead and ban the OP from cruising for life!

One can only hope. I can't imagine having an angry mob taking over GS demanding to speak to the Captain and then have the nerve to put demands in writing?! The Captain is in charge of the vessel, not the passengers. He does not request nor require their input. Totally uncalled for. They need to start making an example of the troublemakers.

Petitions? You mean some kind of class action?

Null and void under the contract you accepted.

Bad weather? Not their issue. Safety first,

Missed port? Part of contract.

You don't read contract? Your issue.

New to cruise critic with only negative review? Answer not allowed

Oh snap!! I didn't know!! Thanks so much for your 2 cents

No one asked for your negativity, I'm sure youd want something done after stepping in human feces and vomit during your honeymoon - the wife

So there was absolutely no one cleaning up? I don't believe that. Maybe you should be mad at the passengers that were roaming the halls puking everywhere :eek:. And exactly what would a petition do to solve the situation? Were you petitioning to get more help to clean up the "squalid" conditions? No, you wanted to go to a different island. You can't just up and change plans. It doesn't work like that. - the wife of firemanbob

I don't want to belittle anyone or start anything, but we were on this cruise and it was far from a disaster. Sure, we had some rough seas and high winds and we did miss two ports, but we were kept safe and Carnival added activities and did their best to keep everyone happy (not to mention their generosity in giving us the 25% discount). As I posted in the other thread (link above), the winds in Grand Turk that day were a steady 37 knots with some gusts.

I've posted a short video on YouTube of the captain attempting to dock. I'm not sure if posting a link is allowed, but I'll try. https://youtu.be/airGKzL0UXs

Happy Cruising :)

I don't want to belittle anyone or start anything, but we were on this cruise and it was far from a disaster. Sure, we had some rough seas and high winds and we did miss two ports, but we were kept safe and Carnival added activities and did their best to keep everyone happy (not to mention their generosity in giving us the 25% discount). As I posted in the other thread (link above), the winds in Grand Turk that day were a steady 37 knots with some gusts.

I've posted a short video on YouTube of the captain attempting to dock. I'm not sure if posting a link is allowed, but I'll try. https://youtu.be/airGKzL0UXs

Happy Cruising :)

Maybe you are missing the fact that it was our honeymoon.. it was a complete disaster - the wife

I personally love a rough seas cruise. I know I am not the norm, but I love giant seas and a rolling boat.

There are just going to be bad weeks at sea sometimes, I have had a cruise in which it rains almost all week, but I do not fault Carnival for this. I am also a person who is perfectly happy with seven days at sea and no ports though, so maybe I am a bad indicator.

Congratulations on your wedding!

I would enjoy the company of asalligo, I am a rough sea lover also and sailed the same week as the OP....western itinerary and we were lucky enough to not miss any ports but boy was the ship rocking and rolling. I don't doubt that you had rough weather one bit. Saw many people a bit unsteady on their feet and there was not as much activity up on the open decks due to the wind and rain but I saw so many people still having fun and making the best of it. Sorry it wasn't the cruise you hoped it would be but it was the cruise that you agreed to when you signed the contract. I hope the negative memories will fade quickly and the memories of your wonderful wedding and beginning of your future as man and wife will shine brightly.

Maybe you are missing the fact that it was our honeymoon.. it was a complete disaster - the wife

Maybe you should have a do over on land.

You want to hear a real nightmare? We got married on the Conquest in Montego Bay. Good thing I picked that port instead of Grand Cayman because the weather was rough and we had to skip that port. Imagine the poor people that DID choose to get married there. They couldn't! Talk about a huge disappointment! I felt so bad for them.

At least you're married! If you choose to feel like a victim and look poorly on your honeymoon then that's on you. You will have much worse things happen in life. Be prepared. Things don't always go your way. Chalk it up to a fluke and move on. It's OK to feel disappointed that it didn't turn out the way you thought it would, but no need to feel so wronged. Nothing good will come of it. - the wife of firemanbob

Edited by firemanbobswife

...and kick out the ships already scheduled to be there?

Not so simple.

Nobody has to be kicked out of anywhere.

When they have Hurricanes they often do a complete re-routed itinerary..

Most of the ports stops are not usually full.

It could be done....

Edited by matj2000

This post was created to raise awareness not to hear loads of snooty comments about "the contract" blah blah blah. Sorry if you all don't see this as a disaster but I do. This was my honeymoon, and the worst cruise of my life. I was disgusted and let down. If you don't understand the root of our frustrations you can exit stage left. Thank you for those of you who have shared sympathy.

- the wife

You would get 25% off the cost of your next cruise.

Wheelchairs falling over? That is a bit hard to believe.

Carnival doesnt have control over mother nature so do not think you have a leg to stand on and they didnt have to give you the 25%.

I also think they did well' date=' probably better than they should have. Op congrats...good luck... (In all respects).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's been my experience that horrible customer service is rarely that and 99% of it depends on the attitude and rationality of the person complaining. I have been on the Glory 8 times and have never run into a mean or uncaring crew member on there or any cruise ship for that matter.

What I will say is that after the behavior that you and your fellow shipmates displayed, if I was in charge, I would have taken any offer of compensation away as I would not want to have you back on my ships. No one needs those types of instigators on board.

Well it's a good thing you aren't in charge

This post was created to raise awareness not to hear loads of snooty comments about "the contract" blah blah blah. Sorry if you all don't see this as a disaster but I do. This was my honeymoon, and the worst cruise of my life. I was disgusted and let down. If you don't understand the root of our frustrations you can exit stage left. Thank you for those of you who have shared sympathy.

- the wife

Spending time collecting signatures on a petition instead of doing honeymoon stuff had to have helped in ruining your honeymoon. Bottom line - ports are not guaranteed on a cruise. This was already floated out there on Facebook and didn't get far in terms of sympathy per your new groom. And posts like these are typically met with plenty of reminders about your cruise contract. So while I'm sorry ya'll feelings are hurt in more ways than one, I'm not sure why you're surprised by the responses. Neither one of you knew more than the Captain. And even if you did, you weren't in charge.

Please don't cruise for your anniversary.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk