Decorate Cabin Door

Coolmom50

If your tape damages the door they can charge for repainting the door. If you look at some of the doors in the hall way you can see where they have been touched up. Magnet is easier. Thieves just remind you what awful humans some people are. I don't do anything to draw attention to my door, but I see why some have fun with it.

It is a form of vandalism. And I for one don't want to walk down the corridor, and feel like I'm in a trailer park.

Decorate your own door at home. Don't ruin my vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow...last year we decorated my parents door differently every day. They loved it and so did the room attendant. I am SO SORRY...if you were on that ship I didn't realize that I ruined your vacation. Now I feel horrible!

Great idea to have the congrats sign on the door when he first enters his cabin. My suggestion would be for him to take it from outside the door and put it on the inside wall. That way he will see it daily and no one stressing over it missing.

It is a form of vandalism. And I for one don't want to walk down the corridor, and feel like I'm in a trailer park.

Decorate your own door at home. Don't ruin my vacation.

BUT-my cabin is my home. When you spend more time at sea than on land, why not personalize your space. My guess is that you must live in a very bland impersonal space.

I use the 3M command hooks inside the room for clothes and the poster tabs for hanging decorations. They come off the walls/door as long as you take your time when pulling them off.

I like using the putty stuff that teachers use in classrooms. Works great and no danger of damaging the door.

That's a little extreme. I think door decorations are a bit silly and unnecessary but hardly vandalism. And ruin your vacation? Thats even more silly then not being able to find your door unless it's decorated...

Some people will find offense in anything.

I saw something the other day that said: A wise woman once said, "Let that **** go". And she lived happily ever after. A good saying.

I like using the putty stuff that teachers use in classrooms. Works great and no danger of damaging the door.

Yes blue "fun tack" I grabbed that and a pack of self adhesive magnets from the store for a few dollars

I use to decorate my door all the time especially when I was on a group cruise, however for the past several years my door stuff kept on disappearing so I quit trying to spruce up the my end of the trailer park.

Edited by JamesEM

This time, since we're traveling with another couple, we're going to put dollar store white boards on our doors, so we can leave messages. We'll see how that works out :)

You should get some interesting messages from passers by.:)

I bought magnets for the door from Amazon and always try to put up something nice. However, on our last cruise on Liberty last month, someone changed the letters to read something nasty. That's something I probably would have done 30 years ago.

I sail on Brilliance tomorrow and our cabin is right next to the centrum elevators. Hopefully the traffic will stop someone from changing them to something horrible. If it doesn't work out, I'm going to try the white board for our next cruise in March.

BUT-my cabin is my home. When you spend more time at sea than on land, why not personalize your space. My guess is that you must live in a very bland impersonal space.

Unless you've signed a lease, mortgage, buyers agreement. Does your government issued ID have the call sign of the ship on it? Is the ship your legal billing address. I guess the answer is NO to all those.

It's not your home... don't make a mockery of this. This is a huge issue. Do you decorate your seat on a long flight...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unless you've signed a lease, mortgage, buyers agreement. Does your government issued ID have the call sign of the ship on it? Is the ship your legal billing address. I guess the answer is NO to all those.

It's not your home... don't make a mockery of this. This is a huge issue. Do you decorate your seat on a long flight...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sir, I can see you are very passionate about this topic. I'm sure it is very frustrating for you to not have control over the people that do decorate their doors. However, the few people on this thread are not going to change what they feel is a fun idea.

If you really want to try and make a difference then contact the cruise line regarding your stance on this matter.

I do believe you have made your point, so I hope you don't feel the need to continue putting down the people that do decorate their doors. Let's keep things polite please.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Sir, I can see you are very passionate about this topic. I'm sure it is very frustrating for you to not have control over the people that do decorate their doors. However, the few people on this thread are not going to change what they feel is a fun idea.

If you really want to try and make a difference then contact the cruise line regarding your stance on this matter.

I do believe you have made your point, so I hope you don't feel the need to continue putting down the people that do decorate their doors. Let's keep things polite please.

Thank you!

Thank you!

If CC had a like button, I would use it right now. Great post and great reply to a couple of not so nice posts.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk