AFT Cabins

binzer2604

One pitfall of an aft balcony is what we encountered on our Singapore to Dubai cruise. It was the heat. Even in late March and early April, the balcony was too hot to use. The balcony was exposed to the sun, as almost all aft balconies are. Temps were in the high 90s and because we had an aft, we had no breeze.

We loved the aft balcony we had on our Alaska cruise, but of course, it was chilly and having the direct sun and no breeze worked well.

You need to state which ship. Aft cabins are totally different on M class ships than they are on S class ;).

Besides little shade on new-generation S-class aft balconies, there is less privacy from above levels. You are in view from above if standing near your front railing. However, S-class deck 12 right below buffet's outdoor seating has deeper overhead cover but there is chair-scraping noise thru ceiling from diners.

From memory, aft balconies on M-class ships have canvas roof cover extensions providing more shelter and privacy. HAPPY CRUISING

Apart from a long walk any pitfalls with these cabins thanks

Binzer, the aft cabins are the best on the ship, well certainly have the best view. However there is a risk your neighbours might not be as nice as those in other parts of the ship, the aft tends to attract the lower classes!

Anyway, hope you have a great cruise, just don't upset the people in the cabin next to you, they are likely to throw you overboard.

Cheers

Gerry

Binzer, the aft cabins are the best on the ship, well certainly have the best view. However there is a risk your neighbours might not be as nice as those in other parts of the ship, the aft tends to attract the lower classes!

Anyway, hope you have a great cruise, just don't upset the people in the cabin next to you, they are likely to throw you overboard.

Cheers

Gerry

Thinking this is a joke ? I would hope so anyway !!

We love the aft cabins, great view and it is not like the walk is 1/2 a mile, I could see it being a problem if you had to use a walker or something.

Thinking this is a joke ? I would hope so anyway !!

We love the aft cabins, great view and it is not like the walk is 1/2 a mile, I could see it being a problem if you had to use a walker or something.

LOL!

Sorry, yes it is a joke, we are Binzers neighbours in the aft cabin :)

We are a party of 4, best friends.

We love aft cabins. There are enough like-minded people to warrant the usual extra charge. On some ships, you may have soot issues but we never experienced that on Celebrity. Some ships vibrate like crazy and you may feel more movement especially in rough seas. The balconies tent to be bigger and there is usually enough overhang to give you enough privacy unless you're doing something that should be more private. But, when the weather is clear, there is nothing better that sitting on the balcony and seeing the wake as you sail away.

We love aft cabins. There are enough like-minded people to warrant the usual extra charge. On some ships, you may have soot issues but we never experienced that on Celebrity. Some ships vibrate like crazy and you may feel more movement especially in rough seas. The balconies tent to be bigger and there is usually enough overhang to give you enough privacy unless you're doing something that should be more private. But, when the weather is clear, there is nothing better that sitting on the balcony and seeing the wake as you sail away.

Not sure why people say the aft balconies on S class can be seen by everyone. If you lay out on the balcony then people above may see the bottom of your legs, not really a big deal is it? And of course if you get a balcony elsewhere that is protected from above then you are unlikely to experience the sunshine that an aft enjoys.

Not sure why people say the aft balconies on S class can be seen by everyone. If you lay out on the balcony then people above may see the bottom of your legs, not really a big deal is it? And of course if you get a balcony elsewhere that is protected from above then you are unlikely to experience the sunshine that an aft enjoys.

We have an aft for the first time on Silhouette coming up and it sounds great...part sun & part shade. We also have an aft on Summit on Deck 9 right under the bar. The noise will not bother us but just wondering is this balcony also part sun & part shade? I know the balcony is bigger than on the Silhouette.

We have an aft for the first time on Silhouette coming up and it sounds great...part sun & part shade. We also have an aft on Summit on Deck 9 right under the bar. The noise will not bother us but just wondering is this balcony also part sun & part shade? I know the balcony is bigger than on the Silhouette.

The aft balconies on the M class ships are the absolute BEST! They are huge. . . Partially covered, partially open to the sun. They usually have a couple of loungers or chairs near the rail and a dining height table with 4 chairs under cover. Best of both worlds!

I love the aft S1 corner aft balconies...of course I enjoy the S class ships over the M class no mater how much bigger the balconies are, as I like newer and glitzier ships. Also, the long walk is great if you tend to overdo on the food, like many of us. Having to return for items forgotten a couple of times makes you check and double check the things you need for whatever you want to do. The wake is just wonderful and enjoyable when relaxing with you favorite beverage...the layout of the S class ships IMHO are so much better...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

The aft balconies on the M class ships are the absolute BEST! They are huge. . . Partially covered, partially open to the sun. They usually have a couple of loungers or chairs near the rail and a dining height table with 4 chairs under cover. Best of both worlds!

The last time my wife and I were on a M class the balcony was a little tight, not much room to move around

20140419_131042_zps5aea02b0.jpg

We had an aft cabin on a 17 nighter around the top end of Australia in summer. We absolutely loved it. Like you we had our travelling companions in the adjoining cabin. So we had our cabin steward open the balcony divider so had an open balcony across two cabins. Make sure you see if this can be done with you balcony divider. Sitting out there on the balmy evenings was fantastic. It was a 100m walk to the lifts - unless you have mability issues it's not a problem.

Just returned from Reflection #1696...love the location, wide balcony, quiet. But..watch out for soot on your verandah. We have had several aft cabins on other sailings, only had soot on two occasions. First time it was light and not bothersome, this cruise it was heavy and dirty. Room steward washed it down in the morning, but soot continued throughout the day. We were told this was due to weather (wind/overnight rain) conditions and that they were loading fuel in PRico so assumed they were at the low end of fuel and perhaps it's dirtier? Used towels on the chairs first 3 days then it cleared up with no more soot problems. Lovely cabin and would book it again; just be careful until you know if the chairs and floor are clean (and don't wear white slippers as I did until you confirm...LOL).

Edited by oceangoer2

We had an aft cabin on a 17 nighter around the top end of Australia in summer. We absolutely loved it. Like you we had our travelling companions in the adjoining cabin. So we had our cabin steward open the balcony divider so had an open balcony across two cabins. Make sure you see if this can be done with you balcony divider. Sitting out there on the balmy evenings was fantastic. It was a 100m walk to the lifts - unless you have mability issues it's not a problem.

We done exactly the same from Sydney to Perth on Radiance of the seas. Leaving Sydney with a view from the Opera House and bridge from our aft balcony was amazing, unforgettable!

I have to agree :).

Cheers

Gerry

Yes its a shame you can pick you neighbours, but I am sure we will keep them under control.

I think I am in the minority here, but we sailed in an Aft cabin on Reflection this past fall (C1) and it was my least favorite cabin we've had in 10+ cruises. I usually never feel motion or vibration and sleep like a baby on vacation, but in the Aft cabin, we felt both frequently. The vibration was especially pronounced as we pulled into ports in the morning (very early!). To be fair, the balcony view on sea days was heavenly and we enjoyed the peacefulness of the wake very, very much. But, we would not book again. Just didn't sleep as well as we usually do, and cruises are all about R&R for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I am in the minority here, but we sailed in an Aft cabin on Reflection this past fall (C1) and it was my least favorite cabin we've had in 10+ cruises. I usually never feel motion or vibration and sleep like a baby on vacation, but in the Aft cabin, we felt both frequently. The vibration was especially pronounced as we pulled into ports in the morning (very early!). To be fair, the balcony view on sea days was heavenly and we enjoyed the peacefulness of the wake very, very much. But, we would not book again. Just didn't sleep as well as we usually do, and cruises are all about R&R for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be interested to know where you were sailing from/to, as we have an aft corner suite on the Reflection for a TA. I have been in a similar cabin before in the Med and there was no motion whatsoever...just curious because where you are sailing can make a difference. Was it the Caribbean?

Edited by Lastdance