L shape Balcony?

helene109

Has anyone stayed in them they are next to a stairwell the balcony looks larger than my Aft I might get thanks this is for the glory

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The room is L-shaped, not the balcony. We had one on the Destiny, before it became the Sunshine, and we had one on the Liberty. The balcony is somewhat longer than a standard balcony. Something to keep in mind. If possible, get one on Deck 7. The one we had on the Liberty was on Deck 6, just above the lounge. On the nights that had karaoke, it was difficult to go to sleep. It seemed like the more people drank, the louder (but not better) they got. :eek:

I am one that did not like this cabin. The balcony is longer not bigger. How much space do you need for two people. So that's wasted. The cabin the way it was laid out. The long hallway that was useless If they moved the two closets into the hall opening up the cabin to much more usable sq footage. The only space that was useable was on the one side of the bed. Both of us could not get ready for dinner at the same time. The tv was over above the vanity. And so glad they moved it to the balcony wall. I don't know if the Liberty moved the tv. The only way I could watch tv is by laying in bed on my right side. And if honey was doing the same I had to sit in the bed. Looking up to watch tv was hurting my neck

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I liked the L shaped cabin. The balcony was long, we called it the bowling alley balcony. I liked all the windows too, 2 big windows next to the glass door to the balcony. The room layout worked ok for me and my son, we don't watch much tv on a cruise anyhow so it was fine.

We have stayed in 6450 on both Glory and the Valor. Loved the room and would take a larger balcony even with the loss of the couch. We had a lounger on the balcony in addition to the chairs.

Love the L-shaped cabins. Will be in one this Sunday!!! The room is a little smaller it seems but the layout with the bed facing the two windows is wonderful. Love waking up in the morning and just lying there in bed and looking out at the ocean. the balcony I also enjoyed because of the lounge chair. TRY IT YOU"LL LIKE IT!:cool:

I am one that did not like this cabin. The balcony is longer not bigger. How much space do you need for two people. So that's wasted. The cabin the way it was laid out. The long hallway that was useless If they moved the two closets into the hall opening up the cabin to much more usable sq footage. The only space that was useable was on the one side of the bed. Both of us could not get ready for dinner at the same time. The tv was over above the vanity. And so glad they moved it to the balcony wall. I don't know if the Liberty moved the tv. The only way I could watch tv is by laying in bed on my right side. And if honey was doing the same I had to sit in the bed. Looking up to watch tv was hurting my neck

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I toured the Breeze this past weekend and looked at this type of room. I actually had it booked but oh so glad I was able to tour with my TA. I was highly disappointed with no room in the actual room. No space for my husband and I to even stand beside each other. So I changed to an aft view balcony.

For the OP and those interested, maybe these might help:

(The room was just a little "lived in"...sorry...)

Room2_zps2b04b573.jpg

Room3_zpseae03ff4.jpg

Room1_zpsbbd8f069.jpg

Bathroom_zps2179b7e5.jpg

Here you can see the size of the balcony relative to the others to the left. To the right are the famous aft-wrap balconies. This was on deck 7 on the Valor which is exactly the same as all Conquest-class ships. There are only two of these rooms on deck 7 and 4 on deck 6. They are priced the same as other category 8C balcony cabins.

I'm another who wasn't crazy about it. I spent 14 months looking forward to it on my last cruise and found it to be a let down. The layout of the room made it feel smaller than a regular balcony. I also missed having a couch or an extra comfortable chair in the room so that we could both sit at the same time. We ordered room service one night and had to sit on the bed to eat. The extra length of the balcony didn't make it worth it to me. For those that like it, I'm happy for you and you won't have to compete with me for it on any future cruises :D

I'm another who wasn't crazy about it. I spent 14 months looking forward to it on my last cruise and found it to be a let down. The layout of the room made it feel smaller than a regular balcony. I also missed having a couch or an extra comfortable chair in the room so that we could both sit at the same time. We ordered room service one night and had to sit on the bed to eat. The extra length of the balcony didn't make it worth it to me. For those that like it, I'm happy for you and you won't have to compete with me for it on any future cruises :D

There was a table with two chairs in my room like you see in the picture to the right of the mirror (the second chair is hidden in the picture). This wasn't the same layout you had?

We enjoyed the extra room of the balcony (Breeze L shaped cabin) when we cruised with our 3 adult kids who were sharing an inside cabin, but I didn't care for the cabin. The bathroom is on the other side of the bed as is the door to the balcony and the space between the end of the bed and wall is very narrow. We had to take turns to get around the bed.

The next time we all cruised together, we also had our granddaughter and we splurged on an aft wrap...OMG...IT WAS WONDERFUL, both the room and that balcony!

Edited by 2 cruzen

There was a table with two chairs in my room like you see in the picture to the right of the mirror (the second chair is hidden in the picture). This wasn't the same layout you had?

Our layout was a mirror image of yours, but we only had one chair in the room. Our table was against the balcony wall by the window. Where your table is, is where our wardrobe was located. Then there was an empty space between the wardrobe and the door that really couldn't be used for anything except luggage. Could be set up different because we were on a different class of ship.

Edited by Rudyard

We have had several L-shaped balconies. I will gladly give up cabin space for more balcony space any day! The only "problem" we have with them is that, with the beds separated (I cruise with dd) the bathroom door does not fully open - and we sometimes have to hop over the bed to get into bathroom!

We enjoy the Bowling Alley Cabins. We have one booked on our upcoming Sunshine cruise. It will be our third one (2 on the Sunshine and 1 on the Glory).

Since we have cruised 25 times we do the sail away on the balcony. No need to be on the crowded and loud Lido deck. Very also use our balconies a lot, so having the extra space is a big plus for us.

The real concern with these type of L-shaped Cabins is that the room wraps around employee stairway. You will hear employees walking up and down the stairs once and a while, but overall it is pretty quite. Because these Cabins are in the aft, I find the biggest downside is the long walk to the front of the ship or the Serinity deck.

so imagine that the vanity was moved to the right about 3-4 feet. the table in the corner by the window. (the tv placement would have been in the middle of that wall

the layout is not the same in the ships thats for sure.

But glad to see they moved the closets down the hall, moved the table to a better area opening up much more floor space

Edited by serene56

It's definitely a matter of preference. We love them for that extra balcony space granted it's a trade-off for room space. We just recently had one on deck 6 with two large windows to look out from. Absolutely loved the view and with 2 loungers on the balcony was so nice to lay out and take a nap or whatever with your privacy. We also had four seadays to actually enjoy this extra space, so that also factors into it. Everyone should try it and see if it works for them, plus we always book aft rooms and enjoy being close to lido area. :D

My husband and I stayed in one (6450) for our B2B on the Conquest. Honestly, if given the chance it will always be my first choice of cabin on a Conquest-class ship. Since they are priced the same as other balconies, I was able to get lots of price drops. I loved the longer balcony. Got so much use out of that lounger! And I really like the room layout. I didn't think it felt smaller at all. The extra window was really nice. Love waking up to Caribbean sunshine!

so imagine that the vanity was moved to the right about 3-4 feet. the table in the corner by the window. (the tv placement would have been in the middle of that wall

the layout is not the same in the ships thats for sure.

But glad to see they moved the closets down the hall, moved the table to a better area opening up much more floor space

In the cabin we had, the TV was mounted on the wall between the window and balcony door.

We are in the camp that we like them. We like the long hallway to distances us from the cabin door. We also like the lounger on the balcony. But that is for a warm Caribbean cruise. Sunshine and Victory have couches but Conquest class does not - so if we are going when due to destination or embarkation ports it will be cooler, we would not chose a ship without the couch. We cruise to get away and often just want to chill out and watch a movie and don't like to do that from the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums