Club class dining and full suite

Higgamang

We are sailing August 25 on the CB and are in a full suite. We also have the deluxe balcony breakfast included. With Sabatinis an option for breakfast every morning (which we love) why choose the balcony breakfast? The menu selection does not seem that great. Personalizer shows it as a $45 value. Can we get any credit for not using this add on toward a specialty restaurant?

This is our 1st time in a suite (Caribbean Princess) we leave 8/18. Under special services on the booking it states deluxe balcony breakfast for two. Should we assume that is in addition to the specialty dining for breakfast? Also because we are in a suite are we getting choice between daily CC breakfast & specialty dining for breakfast?

If you're in a suite, you can go to the specialty suite breakfast if you wish. You can't take anyone in with you unless they're also in a suite.

If you're in a suite, you can go to CC breakfast if you wish. You can't take anyone in with you unless they're also in a suite or in a CC-eligible mini-suite.

If you're in a suite, I believe you can get anything from the MDR (aka "regular") breakfast delivered via room service.If you're on the ship, you can go to "regular" breakfast if you wish. You can sit with anyone you wish.

If you're on the ship, you can go to the buffet if you wish. You can sit with anyone you wish.

If you're on the ship, you can go to the International Cafe if you wish. Where you sit after that is up to you.

If you wish to book it (or if it's included with your booking), you can do a "deluxe" balcony breakfast. I've never done it, but from what I've heard, it's not all that deluxe (it doesn't come close to the magic of the ultimate balcony dinner).

If you wish, you can do any combination of the above on any given day - the ship doesn't track where you go and make you check in (or "forfeit" your ability to go anywhere else).

Great news! When booking a suite on the CB guess I didn't realize that all of these perks are part of the package. We're still 109 days out but can't wait!!

Here is the list of suite amenities: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

There are some that are not on this list too. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, princess newbie here. We have booked a window suite on the Caribbean Princess. I have read the suite perks and see we can dine in club class but after reading this thread from beginning to end I am a little confused.

Our personalizer states two types of dining. Anytime and traditional. No club class listed. We are marked for 5:30 traditional.

Here is where my confusion comes in. Should I change that to Anytime? Should I call Princess to make sure we have club class? Eating at 5:30 is way too early for us.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, princess newbie here. We have booked a window suite on the Caribbean Princess. I have read the suite perks and see we can dine in club class but after reading this thread from beginning to end I am a little confused.

Our personalizer states two types of dining. Anytime and traditional. No club class listed. We are marked for 5:30 traditional.

Here is where my confusion comes in. Should I change that to Anytime? Should I call Princess to make sure we have club class? Eating at 5:30 is way too early for us.

Thanks in advance.

You will want to change it to Anytime Dining in your personalizer. CC dining is typically in the anytime dining room and will have a special line for you to enter.

They will have a list at the door of those who are in a full suite or in a club class room.

You will want to change it to Anytime Dining in your personalizer. CC dining is typically in the anytime dining room and will have a special line for you to enter.

They will have a list at the door of those who are in a full suite or in a club class room.

Thank you so very much.

We are sailing August 25 on the CB and are in a full suite. We also have the deluxe balcony breakfast included. With Sabatinis an option for breakfast every morning (which we love) why choose the balcony breakfast? The menu selection does not seem that great. Personalizer shows it as a $45 value. Can we get any credit for not using this add on toward a specialty restaurant?

One time we were able to get OBC for the balcony breakfast, the last time (in March) we were not allowed to. I even asked if we could get a bottle of wine instead, but they wouldn't do that either. Maybe it depends on the ship, it never hurts to ask, but I sure wouldn't count on it.

If this is a perk from your travel agent, you probably can turn it in for OBC. Ask at the Guest Services desk. If they say "no," seek out a manager.

The balcony breakfast says it’s from the TA but mine says she has nothing to do with it. It’s part of the booking from Princess.

Chances are the TA used Amenity Points at no cost to her for the balcony benefit. She (and her agency) did not pay anything for it. Probably a pre-selected (by the agency) benefit that was automatically a part of the "group" bookings they had for your cruise.

I had a similar situation but with the Spa. Our travel agent gave us two massages and we do not do that. I went up to the spa to see if I could change it to a haircut, etc. and they said no. So I booked one massage and was not a happy camper. My husband went to the front desk to see if I could change it and the nice man at the desk said that as it was a credit from our travel agent we could just use it for anything. The spa folks remembered my when we went up to cancel the massage time. So, you might want to see how the breakfast is coded at the front desk and see if it can be used as regular OBC.

I agree with others that you got bad advice re Breakfast perk. Enjoy Sabatinis.

As for Traditional dining, sounds like you got the right info. It confused me at first until I understood (a) you can still dine every night at 6pm if you choose, but with C C you have the flexibility of time if you want it, still with no waiting and now with improved quality/choice/service, and (b) by moving to Anytime, it releases your table in the MDR for others, while you enjoy CC.

Hope that helps.

Just did this to give someone else traditional dining [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

thanks for the post..that makes more sense..so I'm hearing there is still breakfast in Sabatinis? My wife loves that perk. It does make sense to change to anytime dining thus freeing up two spaces for traditional 6pm in MDR..and like you said if we want 6pm we still have it:cool: BTW we are on the Grand Princess, already checked and they do have the CCD but the suite perk breakfast at Sabatinis is awesome glad its still available.

I just changed from traditional to anytime with my suite reservation and you’re correct...it automatically said CC, whereas, before...nothing about CC

I have 2 cruises coming up in full suites and my Personalizer lists both as just "Anytime Dining." But I know that I can go to the CC dining area.

Go in and change it anyway to anytime dining and CC comes up automatically

I booked an upcoming cruise in a full suite prior to the roll out of club class. On my cruise personalized my dining is listed as anytime dining. I've read of others whose personalizer read club class dining. I just called Princess to ask them to refresh my booking to reflect the new dining. I was told because I am in the suite I am entitled to club class dining but the personalizer will still be listed as anytime dining. My question is: For others booked in a suite what does your personalizer say for your dining?

I just changed mine on princess website from traditional to anytime and it came up CC. I bet you can do same thing under Manage My Account.

• 3 weeks later...

So, we are Club Class but currently have a confirmed late seating at a large (8+) table since that’s what we’ve always enjoyed. Any issues with trying club class dining a couple nights, and giving our MDR waiter a courtesy notification ahead of time, so no one waits for us? Thanks.

So, we are Club Class but currently have a confirmed late seating at a large (8+) table since that’s what we’ve always enjoyed. Any issues with trying club class dining a couple nights, and giving our MDR waiter a courtesy notification ahead of time, so no one waits for us? Thanks.

There are a couple of problems with this. You are holding two seats each at the same time, which could delay other diners. It's not as much a problem with late seating, since that usually doesn't have a waiting list.

Are you a party of two or a larger party? We were in Club Class with a party of eight and it was perfect for us. It had all of the advantages of traditional dining without the set time. Since we were the only party of eight in Club Class during that cruise, we had the same table and same waiters every night, but we could arrive whenever we wanted.

If you are a party of two and you would like to eat with others, then Club Class doesn't work very well. In Club Class, you might not have exactly the same waiters every night, but you would have some from a small group and you would get to know them all - especially since you would have the same waiters for lunch (sea days) and breakfast also.

If you are a party of two who would like to eat with the same people at a large table every night, then traditional would be the way to go. In that case, you need to start out in traditional to get to know your tablemates. If you decide you don't want to continue with the same tablemates, you can then tell the head waiter to change you to anytime and start eating in Club Class. I don't think it would be fair to your assigned tablemates who also requested the large table to ignore them the first couple of nights.

If you change to anytime dining, you can still eat in the main anytime dining room some nights when you want to share a large table. On a couple of nights, DW was not hungry and ate only a small snack from International Café. On those nights, I ate in the main anytime dining room so that I would not be eating by myself.

You can share a table with others in Club Class if you want - and if there is anyone else who wants to share who arrives around the same time. However, because of the small size of Club Class, we usually didn't have anyone else to share with.

There are a couple of problems with this. You are holding two seats each at the same time, which could delay other diners. It's not as much a problem with late seating, since that usually doesn't have a waiting list.

Are you a party of two or a larger party? We were in Club Class with a party of eight and it was perfect for us. It had all of the advantages of traditional dining without the set time. Since we were the only party of eight in Club Class during that cruise, we had the same table and same waiters every night, but we could arrive whenever we wanted.

If you are a party of two and you would like to eat with others, then Club Class doesn't work very well. In Club Class, you might not have exactly the same waiters every night, but you would have some from a small group and you would get to know them all - especially since you would have the same waiters for lunch (sea days) and breakfast also.

If you are a party of two who would like to eat with the same people at a large table every night, then traditional would be the way to go. In that case, you need to start out in traditional to get to know your tablemates. If you decide you don't want to continue with the same tablemates, you can then tell the head waiter to change you to anytime and start eating in Club Class. I don't think it would be fair to your assigned tablemates who also requested the large table to ignore them the first couple of nights.

If you change to anytime dining, you can still eat in the main anytime dining room some nights when you want to share a large table. On a couple of nights, DW was not hungry and ate only a small snack from International Café. On those nights, I ate in the main anytime dining room so that I would not be eating by myself.

You can share a table with others in Club Class if you want - and if there is anyone else who wants to share who arrives around the same time. However, because of the small size of Club Class, we usually didn't have anyone else to share with.

Excellent and thorough explanation. Thanks so much.

B&B

Although we are in a suite and are looking forward to CC dining, out cruise personalizer continues to show “Anytime” no matter what I do.

I’ve been coached that it doesn’t matter what shows on the cruise personalizer, the documentation we receive upon boarding will show CC and we’ll be good to go.

Does this make sense?