Club class dining and full suite

Higgamang

Actually - as a party of 2 - you could request to be seated with others in CC but - IMO one of the real advantages of CC is having a dedicated TF2 or Private Party size with the same wait staff & usually same table each night which (may not) otherwise be readily available w/o an embarkation day Maitre de visit to secure.

Yes we also have cc on our Baltic Cruise this summer and would like to sit at a group table, like traditional dining gives you.

I wonder if they’d seat you like breakfast or lunch and sit with a group.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any problem with being seated at larger tables to meet others within Club Class seating? We personally do not like tables for 2 (we cruise to meet new people and learn new things)...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No problem. You can request to sit at a 4-top or a 6-top at breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Sometimes at dinner there was a wait for a table for 2.

No problem. You can request to sit at a 4-top or a 6-top at breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Sometimes at dinner there was a wait for a table for 2.

Are you talking about Club Class or MDR Dining? We've never experienced a wait with CC & usually have the same table/wait staff each evening. Same thing for Breakfast but CC lunch is not available all days. It may be you can request a "share" table in CC but I've never seen that happen.

Are you talking about Club Class or MDR Dining? We've never experienced a wait with CC & usually have the same table/wait staff each evening. Same thing for Breakfast but CC lunch is not available all days. It may be you can request a "share" table in CC but I've never seen that happen.

Yes, Club Class on the Caribbean Princess spring, 2017. We had to wait for a 2-person table about 4 nights out of the 10 we dined in CC, and a couple of times the wait was 30 minutes.

Yes, Club Class on the Caribbean Princess spring, 2017. We had to wait for a 2-person table about 4 nights out of the 10 we dined in CC, and a couple of times the wait was 30 minutes.

Wow! Must be a CP problem - (so far) never a wait on Regal, Royal, Crown for a CC TF2. Club Class is advertised and sold by Princess as a no wait dining experience with a dedicated wait staff, etc, etc. If I had to wait 30 minutes for a CC table - I have a fast talk with the Maitre'd.

Wow! Must be a CP problem - (so far) never a wait on Regal, Royal, Crown for a CC TF2. Club Class is advertised and sold by Princess as a no wait dining experience with a dedicated wait staff, etc, etc. If I had to wait 30 minutes for a CC table - I have a fast talk with the Maitre'd.

We had a couple of talks with the Maitre 'd, and she just apologized and said it was a busy time of night. This was our first time on Princess and we just thought it was normal business practice. Our expectations were modest.

I'm sailing in a Penthouse for the first time since CC was rolled out and read the perks for Suites include all of the CC perks in addition to the standard Suite perks. Does that mean I get the 2 half bottles of wine that CC receives in addition to the mini-bar set up for Suites? Thanks for any responses.

I'm sailing in a Penthouse for the first time since CC was rolled out and read the perks for Suites include all of the CC perks in addition to the standard Suite perks. Does that mean I get the 2 half bottles of wine that CC receives in addition to the mini-bar set up for Suites? Thanks for any responses.

We just sailed the Caribbean Princess in a suite. We receive a full bottle of champagne and a mini-bar setup.. We also received two bottles of water daily.

We just sailed the Caribbean Princess in a suite. We receive a full bottle of champagne and a mini-bar setup.. We also received two bottles of water daily.

Thanks for responding and also reading my mind. I was curious about the daily water. We're sailing soon on a B2B with the free beverage pkg only on the 2nd sailing. Since I obviously don't need the champagne or mini-bar set up (exchange for a bottle of wine) on the 2nd sailing, I was wondering if I would be able to get those two items early on my first sailing to enjoy. Or is this asking too much? Also, would I be able to exchange the champagne for a bottle of wine?

Edited by shirazcruiser

• 4 months later...
Anytime. You will be fine. Not only will you have the breakfast in the specialty restaurant (the best suite perk imho), you will have the option of doing club class dining. You cruise card will have the word "suite" on it, and that is all you will need to access the club class dining.

We did an upsell to a suite and changed from traditional to 'anytime' and the dining choice showed 'club class'. Went back a few days later and it shows 'anytime'. It would be nice if there was more consistency in their website.

Our personalizer showed "anytime" but our cruise card said "suite," so no problem with club class. We were on the Caribbean Princess for 10 day in April. We had brief waits on 2 evenings--once maybe 8 minutes, the other about 2 minutes. Nothing offensive at all and they were very apologetic. We even offered to go elsewhere and return--we were told to just wait as it would be very brief till a 4 top was available.

• 1 month later...

From what I have read on this thread, Club Class dining is reserved for those who are in a suite or are elite status...am I following correctly? If that is the case, I am a bit confused then as to why when I changed my dining preferences (platinum and in a deluxe balcony) I have Club Class showing...?? This is a new thing for me as we typically do traditional dining at 8:15pm. Any help or feedback is helpful :)

Kara

From what I have read on this thread, Club Class dining is reserved for those who are in a suite or are elite status...am I following correctly? If that is the case, I am a bit confused then as to why when I changed my dining preferences (platinum and in a deluxe balcony) I have Club Class showing...?? This is a new thing for me as we typically do traditional dining at 8:15pm. Any help or feedback is helpful :)

Kara

Club Class dining has nothing to do with Captain's Circle status. It is for Full Suite passengers and for those in certain premium Mini-Suites (usually M1, others on some ships).

Based on your roll call posts it appears you are on the New Year's cruise on Royal Princess. There are some cabin reclassifications going into effect between now and then. But I don't see any Deluxe Balcony cabins being changed to mini-suites or becoming Club Class Dining eligible. You might want to go to the deck plans and click on your cabin to see if its two letter designation has changed.

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=RP

...but if not there is simply an error in your cruise personalizer. Is it not offering the option to change back to late fixed seating, or defaulting to Club Class no matter what you select?

I can change back to fixed seating, but we want anytime. I’ve refreshed the page as well thinking that would change it but we are still considered club class for dining.

We are DV based on the link you provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can change back to fixed seating, but we want anytime. I’ve refreshed the page as well thinking that would change it but we are still considered club class for dining.

We are DV based on the link you provided.

I wouldn't worry about it. They won't force you to go to the Club Class dining room. ;)

The "club class" in your Personalizer could just as easily said "Anytime", because that's what Club Class is...except it's in a special roped off area of the dining room.

Just go to dinner in one of the AT dining rooms when you're ready to eat.

If you're brave and not afraid to be embarrassed, show up at the CC entrance on the first night and see if your name is on the list. :D

I wouldn't worry about it. They won't force you to go to the Club Class dining room. ;)

The "club class" in your Personalizer could just as easily said "Anytime", because that's what Club Class is...except it's in a special roped off area of the dining room.

Just go to dinner in one of the AT dining rooms when you're ready to eat.

If you're brave and not afraid to be embarrassed, show up at the CC entrance on the first night and see if your name is on the list. :D

JF-

I just might do that! I'm not concerned, dinner is dinner wherever I'm at. It was just a new thing that I was unaware of, just wanted some feedback and I got it. Thanks everyone!

Kara

On a recent cruise, we were CC but traveling with another couple who were not CC. Our TA got us a table for 4 - early seating. Breakfast every day in CC, dinner in traditional.....no problem. I told them in CC that were would not be doing dinner there.

Headed out on the Caribbean Princess in November for the southern Caribbean. Were lucky enough to sang a Penthouse Suite on the Caribe deck for the first time. Wondering where the CC dining room is located.

From what I've read breakfast at Sabatini's is a must. I'm assuming lunch and dinner in the CC dining room? Other ideas?

First time on Princess so we too are excited to be learning about all these new things!

Headed out on the Caribbean Princess in November for the southern Caribbean. Were lucky enough to sang a Penthouse Suite on the Caribe deck for the first time. Wondering where the CC dining room is located.

From what I've read breakfast at Sabatini's is a must. I'm assuming lunch and dinner in the CC dining room? Other ideas?

First time on Princess so we too are excited to be learning about all these new things!

The Club Class Dining section should be the starboard side of the Coral Dining Room (Deck 6 midship). There is a separate entrance in the hall next to the Calypso Cove shops.

Club Class Dining is open for breakfast, sea day lunch (including embarkation day, and any days arriving in port after 12 noon) and dinner. The Full Suite Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast is also offered every morning except turnaround days; it is for Full Suite passengers only (not Club Class Mini-suites, which is why there is still a Club Class breakfast option in the MDR) served in one of the specialty restaurants--which on Caribbean Princess might be Crown Grill rather than Sabatini's (as Sabatini's on CB has been renovated and rebranded Sabatini's Trattoria).

JF-

I just might do that! I'm not concerned, dinner is dinner wherever I'm at. It was just a new thing that I was unaware of, just wanted some feedback and I got it. Thanks everyone!

Kara

Believe me CC dining is so much better than the regular dining rooms. Same servers but not set for a particular time, great service and extra entree items (some prepared in the dining room itself). Lots more surf and turf options as well as great pasta dishes

This is our 1st time in a suite (Caribbean Princess) we leave 8/18. Under special services on the booking it states deluxe balcony breakfast for two. Should we assume that is in addition to the specialty dining for breakfast? Also because we are in a suite are we getting choice between daily CC breakfast & specialty dining for breakfast?

This is our 1st time in a suite (Caribbean Princess) we leave 8/18. Under special services on the booking it states deluxe balcony breakfast for two. Should we assume that is in addition to the specialty dining for breakfast? Also because we are in a suite are we getting choice between daily CC breakfast & specialty dining for breakfast?

Yes. You get your choice.