What 3 specialty restaurant did you pick?

bklynfinest77

Going on our first NCL cruise in 3 days. Going by our preferences and reviews here we are going Le Bistro- Cagney's- Le Bistro. Just not sure what steak to order.

I usually order the largest filet Pittsburgh style but may try the Tomahawk if available. Also going to use OBC for Los Lobos.

Just got off the Getaway, and we ate in Moderno, the Brazilian Steakhouse. It was awesome! We actually ate so much from the expansive salad bar before the meat started coming out, we could hardly eat all the different meats they offered! It was well worth the fee to eat there!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Le bistro, I have to admit that the first time I went I was worried I wouldn't find anything I like. Many many ncl cruises later it's the first I pick

Although we did not eat at LeBistro, I heard a lot of good reviews from other passengers on our cruise, that said the same as you--not sure they would like it, but ended up loving it!

I'd just mention that, whilst La Cucina has generally not got good reviews it has, in my opinion, improved dramatically in the last year or so.

I had been a couple of times previously, and whilst I thought it was OK, the rest of my family really didn't like it.

We tried again with the new menus on the Epic last year and all agreed that it was possibly the best meal we had all week. We thought the same when we tried it on the Star in August.

This was our experience, also, on the Escape last August. I reluctantly agreed to La Cucina one night (having read so many "meh" to "lousy" kinds of reviews) and was just so pleasantly surprised. It was a fantastic meal, and everyone in our group loved it. It was easily my favorite meal of the cruise.

We have the 4 meal plan with our SDP promo. So far on our NCL sailings we have only eaten ate Moderno and La Cucina Specialty Restaurants (Both on Jewel). We loved Moderno. We did not like La Cucina. Our plan on the Escape is to book Moderno 2x and Cagneys 2x. After reviewing all the menus for all the restaurants we just can't seem to generate any interest in the other specialty restaurants.

Le bistro, I have to admit that the first time I went I was worried I wouldn't find anything I like. Many many ncl cruises later it's the first I pick

Me too. Booked it twice for our upcoming cruise as well as twice for Cagney's and as ocean Blue.

I also had it on the 11/27 and 01/02 Breakaway sailings. It is delicious. I'll have to remember to ask them to Pittsburgh it next time.

Just this month, January 2017? That is pretty recent. Unless they've changed the menu in the past two weeks, I'm really hoping it stays on the menu!

Thanks for the update!

I booked 2 already but i have to book one one but not sure which one to pick. So far im booked at Cagney's Steakhouse( has my hubby is a steak lover) and

Teppanyaki( cause i love hibachi) but not sure what other one to pick .. i hear great reviews for Le bistro but we are not big french food people .. Moderno looks interested but not sure if its good .. La Cucina i hear many people are not fond of .. what did you pick?

Oh I guess I should have mention I will be on the EPIC

Le Bistro is not just French food. In fact in all the times I've eaten there I never thought of it as French. Yes, they have escargot but they also have a four-mushroom soup excellent and thick. The entrees are more American imo than French.

Why not just float the last one you may want to go back or a particular option may be really good or poor for your cruise. You don't need to book all ahead of time and as long as you are flexible with times you should be OK.

This is bad advice. The Epic is a large ship and the specialities get booked up. I'm not saying you won't get in, but for my cruise they were only ever showing very late or very early available times.

If you like meats then moderno is worth a try! I've heard good things about la cucina since the menu has changed as well. I'd be willing to go back to moderno just for the grilled pineapple, yum!

Edited by SquishTheWhale

I booked 2 already but i have to book one one but not sure which one to pick. So far im booked at Cagney's Steakhouse( has my hubby is a steak lover) and

Teppanyaki( cause i love hibachi) but not sure what other one to pick .. i hear great reviews for Le bistro but we are not big french food people .. Moderno looks interested but not sure if its good .. La Cucina i hear many people are not fond of .. what did you pick?

any of them would be fine. we love Moernos if for nothing more than the salad bar. Our favorite has always been Le Bistro. I think this stems from it was NCLs first specialty dining room, maybe the first at sea period. As far as being French, it really isn't truely french only. We loved La Cucina on the Epic. It was very different from the original ones on the Jewel class ships.

BTW: I think SquashTheWhale is completely right. Don't wait until you get on the ship. The good times fill up really fast.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Ok I have to ask what is Pittsburgh style? I live in Pittsburgh and have never heard of way of cooking steaks. Lol

I love it this way!

From Wilipedia: "A Pittsburgh rare steak is one that has been heated to a very high temperature very quickly, so it is charred on the outside but still rare or raw on the inside. The degree of rareness and the amount of charring on the outside may vary according to taste. The term "Pittsburgh rare" is used in some parts of the American midwest and eastern seaboard, but similar methods of sear cooking are known by different terms elsewhere, including Chicago-style rare and, in Pittsburgh itself, black and blue. One story says that a local slaughterhouse during the depression was looking to make extra money and opened a restaurant in the front. Wealthy socialites could choose their cut of meat off of a live cow and wait while it was slaughtered. The steak would then be seared to kill bacteria and served at the cow's body temperature, thus creating "Pittsburgh Rare"."

Le Bistro is not just French food. In fact in all the times I've eaten there I never thought of it as French. Yes, they have escargot but they also have a four-mushroom soup excellent and thick. The entrees are more American imo than French.

our first few cruises I wouldn't eat Le Bistro because it was "french" and i didn't want to eat snails etc...but it has become my favorite specialty room, steaks are so good!

Just off the Dawn last week, we had Cagney's-always awesome

Le Bistro- best thing on the ship

Tappenyaki- love the filet and the garlic fried rice

and as a paid kicker we had Los Lobos mexican, great food and pretty cheap for a specialty room

Tapanyaki, for the experience

Moderno is amazing I loved the way they serve the food and its delish moderno is my favorite. The salad bar is also the best.

Cagneys.

I would do moderno twice...