New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

You were trying to make the case that a tax on the purchase of gasoline was "unfair" because people freely choose to drive cars that got different gas mileage. :rolleyes:

As I recall, the original point was that life is not fair. It morphed into something else during the debate.

Hmmm..i am currently booked on the Breakaway Nov 5 sailing. Do i need to bug my TA and switch to this new offer and risk loosing all of the existing perks or is this something that NCL will handle automatically?

I also noticed this on the new FAQ page link that was posted above:

Capture.png

I thought NCL was going to honor all existing bookings. Does this mean i will no longer receive double points for booking the Escape and Gem for 2018 sailings (that i booked last month!!) I thought NCL posted on facebook, they will honor all existing booking booked before Feb 3

I don't see this offer available today. Still show the old latitude offer

Never mind it's there

Sent from my iPad using Forumsnever mind it's there

Edited by ilsh75

Add me to the disappointed list. My upcoming cruise will generate 27 points, that would have put me a gold status. One of the few reasons we choose a suite.

Now when we do our Hawaii cruise in 2019, we'll still be silver status :mad:

Talk about timing. I just booked a 7-day almost 10 months from now which would have put me at Silver after just my second NCL cruise (due to the relatively low threshold of 19 points and the doubling for sailings 9 months+ out). I was kind of excited for that prospect, although only getting 7 more points and staying even deper into bronze isn't a deal breaker at all. At least now DW and I get a free $6-10 bottle of sparkling wine on each cruise from now on, so I'm focusing on the bright side now.

I don't see this offer available today. Still show the old latitude offer

Never mind it's there

Sent from my iPad using Forumsnever mind it's there

Can you please tell me where you are seeing anything other than what appear to be the same offers from January?

So here's my deal. I'm at 69 Latitudes points as of now and have an Escape sailing booked for Feb 18. That would have put me into the Platinum category under the current system when I completed that cruise. I have a deposit on another 8 night NCL sailing for December which would have given me the current Platinum perks. Now it appears that I will be a few points short at 76. What are the chances NCL shows some goodwill here and grandfathers me into Platinum? Who should I speak to? Future cruise people onboard or NCL offices?

I'm happy with the new structure and perks but it so happens that I'm a part of a group that gets squeezed out of Platinum. The two meals would be a nice perk.

Can you please tell me where you are seeing anything other than what appear to be the same offers from January?

Appears to be official - you can earn two extra points per day if you book today or tomorrow for 9 months out.

Based on these new Latitude Insider Offers, including Gem and BA...

9917dd3fc6d6b386963aa5e90f734096.jpg

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/latitudes-extra-point-obc?hide_hf=true

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by TheDougOut

In an effort to put conflicting comments, posts, and opinions to rest, I have confirmation from high level management that the confusion and chaos was caused by an early, ill timed, and unplanned leak.

The information was leaked to Cruise Critic and leaving NCL no choice but to go forward even though they were getting many questions that their team could not answer since they had no information.

Edited by Uniall

In an effort to put conflicting comments, posts, and opinions to rest, I have confirmation from high level management that the confusion and chaos was caused by an early, ill timed, and unplanned leak.

The information was leaked to Cruise Critic and lewaving NCL no choice but to go forward even though they were getting many questions that their team could not answer since they had no information.

I'm not sure I'd say it was leaked to CruiseCritic. Once Travel Agents start posting it to their FB groups (which is where it originated), I'd say it's fair game for it to be carried over to Cruise Critic for discussion.

Edited by TheDougOut

I'm not sure I'd say it was leaked to CruiseCritic. Once Travel Agents start posting it to their FB groups (which is where it originated), I'd say it's fair game for it to be carried over to Cruise Critic for discussion.

Doug

I'm quoting the exact language given to me from "the powers that be."

I'm only changing the syntax and name to keep the indentity confidential.

John

Doug

I'm quoting the exact language given to me from "the powers that be."

I'm only changing the syntax and name to keep the indentity confidential.

John

By no means am I questioning what you were told. I'm just sharing my first-hand experience of how the information spread.

By no means am I questioning what you were told. I'm just sharing my first-hand experience of how the information spread.

Understood. You and I have been on the same page from the beginning.

If it had not been for your able assistance, I would not have been able to play catch up and put together my Plan "Z" to reach Ambassador in a timely manner.

Edited by Uniall

You are probably 100% correct. Once it is given to Travel Agents, it is known that some will immediately post it, so it kind of sounds like what we use to do in the music industry when we wanted to "leak" a single, you give the single to someone you know will make it public. And, no one would ever say it was leaked intentionally.

Do we have information on the new excursion discount? Will the discount show up if you try and book online? Thanks

From memory, the FAQs say that it will apply online. However, I'm sure there will be teething problems.

I doubt that it can be tested before the 3rd.

Talk about timing. I just booked a 7-day almost 10 months from now which would have put me at Silver after just my second NCL cruise (due to the relatively low threshold of 19 points and the doubling for sailings 9 months+ out). I was kind of excited for that prospect, although only getting 7 more points and staying even deper into bronze isn't a deal breaker at all. At least now DW and I get a free $6-10 bottle of sparkling wine on each cruise from now on, so I'm focusing on the bright side now.

It's not clear from your post, but you do realise you will still get the extra point for booking 9+ months out, don't you?

I guess it won't get you to silver anyway, but you may be closer than you thought.

Does anyone have an email address that I can write to re: Latitudes. I wrote to my PCC but I didn't book this cruise through him. I want to ask if they will also grandfather in people who are already booked and slated to move to the next tier, but will not because of the new points system. I know that right now the answer is no and that they reserve the right to change the system at any time. I feel like I have nothing to lose by asking nicely. It would be good for customer service and promoting good will. It would cost them very little.

I have read every page.

Can anybody confirm for sure that 2018 cruises don't get the extra point if booked in the next couple days?

Thanks.

This is what NCL posted on Facebook when asked that questions:

Norwegian Cruise Line Yes, all cruises. 2018 too.

Like · Reply · 11 · January 27 at 3:33pm

Does anyone have an email address that I can write to re: Latitudes. I wrote to my PCC but I didn't book this cruise through him. I want to ask if they will also grandfather in people who are already booked and slated to move to the next tier, but will not because of the new points system. I know that right now the answer is no and that they reserve the right to change the system at any time. I feel like I have nothing to lose by asking nicely. It would be good for customer service and promoting good will. It would cost them very little.
Please let everyone know what they say, so that others can call as well.

I have read every page.

Can anybody confirm for sure that 2018 cruises don't get the extra point if booked in the next couple days?

Thanks.

I am guessing that nobody here can confirm it anymore than you have probably found out yourself by reading the FAQ on ncl.com that states that "We will no longer offer the additional point for booking nine months or more in advance. For 2017 cruises that were booked prior to February 3, 2017, the additional point will still apply; any cruise booked on or after February 3, 2017 will not qualify for the extra point."

It does not mention anything about 2018 cruises. That might be a glitch, or that might be something that will be added at a later time, or that might be the correct information, but only time will tell for sure....

It does not mention anything about 2018 cruises. That might be a glitch, or that might be something that will be added at a later time, or that might be the correct information, but only time will tell for sure....

I emailed NCL about this yesterday. I was told that the Latitudes department is aware of the restrictive phrasing, and that they will be updating the faqs to state "for all cruises that were booked prior to February 3, 2017".

I guess we wait and see.

I am guessing that nobody here can confirm it anymore than you have probably found out yourself by reading the FAQ on ncl.com that states that "We will no longer offer the additional point for booking nine months or more in advance. For 2017 cruises that were booked prior to February 3, 2017, the additional point will still apply; any cruise booked on or after February 3, 2017 will not qualify for the extra point."

I bought the 14 day Boston/Carribean for oct. 2018 just yesterday and got double point's.

Edited by biker@sea