New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

Just curious, where did you get that information?:)

From the "Norwegian Cruise Line Loyalist" FB group. The moderator is currently on board and meeting with the CruiseNext staff, and they shared that tidbit with him.

Also shared today, for those looking for Latitude insider offers...

7ac05c43db3aa0928f6a7104725012db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your mom is choosing to make gifts to your sister and you. The gifts of the cruises can't be unbundled from the gifts of the points. She's not being denied points that she paid for; she's giving them away along with the cruises.

I agree. We have booked two cabins for almost 5 years now, and we always pay for our daughter's friend to come. They get their points, and I definitely would not want that any other way!

Because your lawn mower is throwing grass clipping into the street and your electric generator is being used to charge your all electric car.

The fact is I made no such assumption. I compared two similar gasoline cars and noted that electric cars don't pay anything toward the cost of maintaining the roads that they drive on. I did not say it was or was not fare that people that don't drive on public roads still have to pay a gas tax. This is an issue you should take up with your elected officials.

The tax is for road maintenance, not for gas line maintenance. Thus two cars that cause the same wear & tear on the roads should pay the same usage tax. If the tax is for gas line maintenance, then yes, the tax should be based on the amount of gas you buy. But it is for gas line maintenance, it is for road maintenance.

There is the flaw again. It is a tax on the purchase of gasoline, not on usage.

From the "Norwegian Cruise Line Loyalist" FB group. The moderator is currently on board and meeting with the CruiseNext staff, and they shared that tidbit with him.

I will have to check out the insider offers. I would love to book the Breakaway for April School vacation. This teacher needs a getaway asap. :)

I will have to check out the insider offers. I would love to book the Breakaway for April School vacation. This teacher needs a getaway asap. :)

Yeah - I wonder if this is a sign of things to come. The 9-month bonus may be gone, but maybe there will be more liberal insider offers for that extra point. Maybe a good thing?

what i would like to know is why they dont status match to their upscale line, Oceania. i know Royal Caribbean status matches if you go on Celebrity. that would be a nice perk to give to perhaps Platinum Plus and Ambassador.

They don't? That's a bummer.

I agree especially as have traveled with 3 of us ladies in a room and we split the cost of the cruise evenly. But all you can do is talk to your concierge or ships officers and they can work it out for you pleasantly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's really not that big of a deal lol

Thank you. I do not do FB, so I always ask when info comes from there.

what i would like to know is why they dont status match to their upscale line, Oceania. i know Royal Caribbean status matches if you go on Celebrity. that would be a nice perk to give to perhaps Platinum Plus and Ambassador.

Carnival doesn't do a status match on any of their lines either. Royal is the only one to do that.

bcf6c8cd6d81016bce6b3fd1336966b7.jpg

I just realized the effective date of the insider offer. If accurate, you may be able to book tomorrow and Thursday to get both the 9-month bonus and the latitude bonus for cruises at the end of this year. Maybe?

Hmmm..i am currently booked on the Breakaway Nov 5 sailing. Do i need to bug my TA and switch to this new offer and risk loosing all of the existing perks or is this something that NCL will handle automatically?

I also noticed this on the new FAQ page link that was posted above:

Capture.png

I thought NCL was going to honor all existing bookings. Does this mean i will no longer receive double points for booking the Escape and Gem for 2018 sailings (that i booked last month!!) I thought NCL posted on facebook, they will honor all existing booking booked before Feb 3

The other day, didn't that say "for 2017 and 2018 cruises booked before 2/3/17 ..."?

Based on what was seen onboard from CruiseNext, I suspect the internal communication that went out just had 2017. As it first appeared on FB:

3318a2c8951c93a1af396050a734b65d.jpg

And then the clarification (when asked if 2018 applied)...

a7ff00f6a7a25b469cdc0a136dd6ff9e.jpg

The clarification has yet to make it to "print".

I think it's pretty interesting how NCL matches Royal Caribbean now. Here's Royal status.

Platinum 30-54

Emerald 55-79

Diamond 80-174

Diamond plus 175-699

Pinnacle 700+

coincidence? I don't think so. For those of you that are still complaining that NCL just changes things without thinking about it. With this change, you need to think again. I believe they a positioning themselves to exactly where they want to be.They view Royal as their top competitor.

Hmmm..i am currently booked on the Breakaway Nov 5 sailing. Do i need to bug my TA and switch to this new offer and risk loosing all of the existing perks or is this something that NCL will handle automatically?
It is not handled automatically. Your booking date needs to fall within the window of the Insider Offer, so if you want it, you have to cancel and rebook after February 1. Do you also have the Norwegian Selects perks on your booking? If so, you should rebook before February 6th before that offer is scheduled to end.

It is not handled automatically. Your booking date needs to fall within the window of the Insider Offer, so if you want it, you have to cancel and rebook after February 1. Do you also have the Norwegian Selects perks on your booking? If so, you should rebook before February 6th before that offer is scheduled to end.

...AND rebook prior to 2/3/2017 in hopes you may be able to get the 9-month bonus points as well.

There is a little more detail in those FAQ's.

It seems that priority embarkation could be good, with a separate seating area. However, it does of course say that it may not be available everywhere, and I'd imagine this will not work very well when there are a lot of Platinums onboard.

It says that you just need your key card for the cocktail party, which sounds more sensible than having to visit the cruise next office on the first day.

No specific details of the platinum plus perks though (dinner with officers and priority seating). It will be interesting to hear peoples experience with them in the coming months.

I suspect I will find that many of these perks don't actually come to anything when we get on the Spirit in Venice. I'm more hopeful for the Jade from Southampton though.

I think it's pretty interesting how NCL matches Royal Caribbean now. Here's Royal status.

Platinum 30-54

Emerald 55-79

Diamond 80-174

Diamond plus 175-699

Pinnacle 700+

They view Royal as their top competitor.

as they should. when we first started cruising we looked closely at NCL and RCCL. NCL won us over and we've sailed them ever since and been pretty happy with them overall.

RCCL also gives free lifetime drinks to Diamond members and above. but you are limited to a certain number per day ( just like with their drink packages). Still a decent perk tho.