New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

It's not clear from your post, but you do realise you will still get the extra point for booking 9+ months out, don't you?

I also noticed this on the new FAQ page link that was posted above:

Capture.png

I thought NCL was going to honor all existing bookings. Does this mean i will no longer receive double points for booking the Escape and Gem for 2018 sailings (that i booked last month!!) I thought NCL posted on facebook, they will honor all existing booking booked before Feb 3

With a 29 day and a 14 day booked, I hope KeithJenner is right about the double points for 9+ months out bookings, but that quote from the FAQ page stating that the new points system will apply to all sailings after Feb 3 looks pretty clear to me that I won't be getting double points. What's in print on the website trumps anything NCL has said verbally because we all know how they can stonewall and fall back on the "official" rules.

Is this "bookings prior to 2-3 get double points for 9+ mths out" rule in writing somewhere other than a report of a verbal conversation or a Facebook post?

Is this "bookings prior to 2-3 get double points for 9+ mths out" rule in writing somewhere other than a report of a verbal conversation or a Facebook post?

Yes, it's on NCL's FAQs for the new program. As mentioned earlier, it's phrased poorly because it says 2017. I was told this will be changed "shortly".

d3d1270b98bf61f7e01d4730a9ac505a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone confirmed with an official source if these (laundry / internet) benefits will be per stateroom or per member?

Based on the wording of the enhanced FAQs my guess is internet is per member (good) and laundry per stateroom (bad). Given we don't sail again until the end of March I'm sure those on earlier Post Feb 3 sailings will have first-hand experience to share but I am curious as to what information NCL is sharing in this regard.

There seems to be some confusion about the quote from the FAQs above.

There is a similar question about benefits. All it is saying is that if you have booked a cruise in 2016 for after 3rd February then the general rules for the new program will apply.

So, for example, you can't say "I booked in 2016 so I want two meals with wine in Le Bistro". Nor will you go up to silver after doing a cruise that takes you to 21 points.

I believe that both of these things are also specifically stated. Basically, stop looking at the old program as that is no longer relevant, regardless of booking date.

However, with the bonus point for 9+ months it specifically states that you will get them if booked before 3td Feb.

In other words it is saying that, regardless of when you booked, if your cruise starts after 3rd February then the points, tiers and benefits will be under the rules of the new scheme. Those rules state that a cruise booked before 3rd February will get the bonus point for booking 9 months out.

Edited by KeithJenner

Has anyone confirmed with an official source if these (laundry / internet) benefits will be per stateroom or per member?

Based on the wording of the enhanced FAQs my guess is internet is per member (good) and laundry per stateroom (bad). Given we don't sail again until the end of March I'm sure those on earlier Post Feb 3 sailings will have first-hand experience to share but I am curious as to what information NCL is sharing in this regard.

It seems to be spelled out on the T&C page:

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/benefits-terms-and-conditions-enhanced

"..,with one (1) bag of bulk bag laundry service per member, at no cost."

In an effort to put conflicting comments, posts, and opinions to rest, I have confirmation from high level management that the confusion and chaos was caused by an early, ill timed, and unplanned leak.

Are there late, well timed, and planned leaks? Did they call a plumber? If I recall correctly, that is what Nixon did. Unfortunately Nixon's plumber was also the leaker.

It seems to be spelled out on the T&C page:

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/benefits-terms-and-conditions-enhanced

"..,with one (1) bag of bulk bag laundry service per member, at no cost."

Excellent - thanks Doug. I just can't seem to keep up with all the different places one can find information on the enhanced program - I had not seen that particular page yet and was relying on the enhanced FAQs.

Cheers,

Jeff

Does anyone have an email address that I can write to re: Latitudes. I wrote to my PCC but I didn't book this cruise through him. I want to ask if they will also grandfather in people who are already booked and slated to move to the next tier, but will not because of the new points system. I know that right now the answer is no and that they reserve the right to change the system at any time. I feel like I have nothing to lose by asking nicely. It would be good for customer service and promoting good will. It would cost them very little.

I am in the same situation of booking cruises to achieve the Platinum level by the 1st week in March. I have 70 points and would have 77 points by the end of my Feb. cruise, enough to reach the Platinum level by the old system.

I sent an e-mail to fdelrio@ncl.com to consider "grandfathering" these situations as you have stated.

I sent this yesterday and have not heard back regarding this. Will update with any response from his office.

You may want to send a request also. It may help if he receives enough inquires about this situation.

I am in the same situation of booking cruises to achieve the Platinum level by the 1st week in March. I have 70 points and would have 77 points by the end of my Feb. cruise, enough to reach the Platinum level by the old system.

I sent an e-mail to fdelrio@ncl.com to consider "grandfathering" these situations as you have stated.

I sent this yesterday and have not heard back regarding this. Will update with any response from his office.

You may want to send a request also. It may help if he receives enough inquires about this situation.

Thanks, XSwabby! I did just send a letter to Vivian Ewart, VP of Passenger Services. Honeslty, I did not know who to write to. It was a nice letter with a nice tone, respectful, but I did express my disappointment and suggested the grandfathering. Maybe I will forward it to Del Rio too.

Please, if anyone else is in this situation, send an email! It can't hurt.

I just found this on the T&C page. So it appears that if two of you are ambassador members, you can each get a cruise for two. It is in a balcony cabin.

Complimentary 7-Day Cruise – Ambassador

Ambassador members will be offered a one-time complimentary 7-day cruise. The cruise is for 2 people in a balcony stateroom, third and fourth guests will be at prevailing rates. Eligible members will have one (1) year to take the complimentary cruise.

There are no destination restrictions but holiday sailings are excluded. No promotions are included. Taxes and fees not included.

Service charges not included.

In an effort to put conflicting comments, posts, and opinions to rest, I have confirmation from high level management that the confusion and chaos was caused by an early, ill timed, and unplanned leak.

The information was leaked to Cruise Critic and leaving NCL no choice but to go forward even though they were getting many questions that their team could not answer since they had no information.

It was leaked on Facebook on multiple sites and was picked up on here hours later. So much for your "high level management" confirmation.

I have read every page.

Can anybody confirm for sure that 2018 cruises don't get the extra point if booked in the next couple days?

Thanks.

I've been informed by two middle management persons that my 2018 bookings will receive the 9 month early booking bonus points.

It was leaked on Facebook on multiple sites and was picked up on here hours later. So much for your "high level management" confirmation.

My comments were posted because some prior posts, info and reports were contrictory and made based upon guess, rumor and supposition.

My post sourcing comment were intended to validate their factual basis.

It would be nice if you could participate in posting without taking shots at others.

That may be the norm for social media but ought not be visited upon us.

Edited by Uniall

Are there late, well timed, and planned leaks? Did they call a plumber? If I recall correctly, that is what Nixon did. Unfortunately Nixon's plumber was also the leaker.

Yes, there are planned leaks in business.

They're usually referred to as "Trial Balloons."

But my source was quite clear this one was unforseen and unplanned.

I emailed NCL about this yesterday. I was told that the Latitudes department is aware of the restrictive phrasing, and that they will be updating the faqs to state "for all cruises that were booked prior to February 3, 2017".

I guess we wait and see.

Anyone who has ever ammended organization by-laws, rewritten legislation, or changed a legal document knows the headaches of making a change in the main section but forgetting it also requires changes in multile other sections.

I suspect the change was a rewrite of the existing verbiage that referred only to 2017 and the editor forgot 2018 sailings were already being booked.

Hi, what definition does NCL use for "booking 9 months out" ?

Do they use the Julian date calendar days?

Example: Today Feb 1 is JD 32. Oct 29 is JD 302. From today to Oct 29 is 270 days (270 days is 9 months).

Or do they use "Months" as entities.

Example: Today Feb 1 is the 2nd month and Oct 29 is the 10th month. From Feb. to Oct. is 8 months. (10-2= 8 months)

As far as I know, they use calendar months (not 270 days). What I don't know is whether a November 1 sailing would qualify if you booked it today (February 1), or if you're already a day late.

Also, if your saildate is November 30, this means that you would only have until February 28 to book (not that it matters anymore, after February 3).

Do they use the Julian date calendar days?

Example: Today Feb 1 is JD 32. Oct 29 is JD 302. From today to Oct 29 is 270 days (270 days is 9 months).

Or do they use "Months" as entities.

Example: Today Feb 1 is the 2nd month and Oct 29 is the 10th month. From Feb. to Oct. is 8 months. (10-2= 8 months)

If you booked today 2/1/17 nine months would be 11/1/17

I have read every page.

Can anybody confirm for sure that 2018 cruises don't get the extra point if booked in the next couple days?

Thanks.

For the 9 + months out we do right now as of the 3rd no one does whom books then. And 2018 cruises are not part of the inside offer so won't get a point for that extra.

I've got 2 cruises booked for feb 2018 and dec 2018 and I will receive 2 points per day for those cruises in an inside and studio rm 1 pr per night and 1 pr per night for booking over 9 months out before feb 3,2017

Anyone who has ever ammended organization by-laws, rewritten legislation, or changed a legal document knows the headaches of making a change in the main section but forgetting it also requires changes in multile other sections.

I suspect the change was a rewrite of the existing verbiage that referred only to 2017 and the editor forgot 2018 sailings were already being booked.

I've booked a 2019 cruise and had to take my second choice of cabins because someone else had already booked my first choice.