AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

Too bad there wasn't a way to safely & securely sell gift cards to one another. For example, in the case of Happiest_Girl, an AARP member could get them some eCards. But the buyer needs confirmation the card has the funds and the seller needs guaranteed payment once that card # is given, so I don't know how it'd work. Would be nice, though. There is a website that allows individuals to sell gift cards, but I'm guessing they get a cut.

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Too bad there wasn't a way to safely & securely sell gift cards to one another. For example, in the case of Happiest_Girl, an AARP member could get them some eCards. But the buyer needs confirmation the card has the funds and the seller needs guaranteed payment once that card # is given, so I don't know how it'd work. Would be nice, though. There is a website that allows individuals to sell gift cards, but I'm guessing they get a cut.

There are lots of sites, such as Raise where you can sell/buy gift cards. The seller does pay a small fee as you mentioned. 

Earlier this week we had to cancel our January 1st Freedom cruise.  On Wednesday my 18 year old woke up, didn't feel great and took a quick test.  I was at work and had no idea that he didn't even feel well.  He had woken up with a stuffy nose and a really bad headache.  He called me at work and tells me he tested positive, and I at first had no idea what he was even saying.  We were supposed to fly down to Florida that night to meet up with my husband and our oldest son who had driven down over the weekend.  We knew that with such the high positive rate in our area that there was a chance that one of us could test positive before the cruise.  I am thankful that he was smart enough to test before we flew down.  We are all vaxxed and boosted, and his symptoms aren't horrible. For that I am thankful.

We had our TA rebook us on Glory out of New Orleans in May.  We are going as soon as the semester ends for the youngest.  The oldest will graduate from Grad school the weekend before.  So it should be a good family time before the oldest moves on with his "adulting"!

I of course have purchased everything on gift cards.  The cruise was moved without a problem.  Still getting our FCC and on board credits that we had from rebooking our Christmas 2020 cruise!  So now I wait for almost $2k in Gift Cards to be reimbursed to me for the drink packages, etc.  The new cruise is slightly more, but included CHEERS for one cabin and internet for the other.  So it is pretty much a wash.  We might even save a few dollars. 

For those who have had to wait to be reimbursed, how long did it take and was it all just sent on one gift card?  I have a lot of time, so not really worried, just curious to find out.  

Oh one more thing I would like to share...we have never had Allstate Insurance...just recently we thought to start looking around for new car insurance.  Our friend owns an Allstate office, so we started there.  He saved us a lot of money, so starting next month, we are actually Allstate Policy owners.  

Have a safe healthy New Year to all of those on here who have helped each other through this past year!  I hope for a great 2022 with a few cruises for everyone!

Terry

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tw67 said:

Earlier this week we had to cancel our January 1st Freedom cruise.  On Wednesday my 18 year old woke up, didn't feel great and took a quick test.  I was at work and had no idea that he didn't even feel well.  He had woken up with a stuffy nose and a really bad headache.  He called me at work and tells me he tested positive, and I at first had no idea what he was even saying.  We were supposed to fly down to Florida that night to meet up with my husband and our oldest son who had driven down over the weekend.  We knew that with such the high positive rate in our area that there was a chance that one of us could test positive before the cruise.  I am thankful that he was smart enough to test before we flew down.  We are all vaxxed and boosted, and his symptoms aren't horrible. For that I am thankful.

We had our TA rebook us on Glory out of New Orleans in May.  We are going as soon as the semester ends for the youngest.  The oldest will graduate from Grad school the weekend before.  So it should be a good family time before the oldest moves on with his "adulting"!

I of course have purchased everything on gift cards.  The cruise was moved without a problem.  Still getting our FCC and on board credits that we had from rebooking our Christmas 2020 cruise!  So now I wait for almost $2k in Gift Cards to be reimbursed to me for the drink packages, etc.  The new cruise is slightly more, but included CHEERS for one cabin and internet for the other.  So it is pretty much a wash.  We might even save a few dollars. 

For those who have had to wait to be reimbursed, how long did it take and was it all just sent on one gift card?  I have a lot of time, so not really worried, just curious to find out.  

Oh one more thing I would like to share...we have never had Allstate Insurance...just recently we thought to start looking around for new car insurance.  Our friend owns an Allstate office, so we started there.  He saved us a lot of money, so starting next month, we are actually Allstate Policy owners.  

Have a safe healthy New Year to all of those on here who have helped each other through this past year!  I hope for a great 2022 with a few cruises for everyone!

Terry

Sorry to hear about your son and your having to reschedule your cruise.   Hope that works out.

Unfortunately, I have no experience with a gift card refund from a past cruise, so no insight into the timetable.

My wife and I are booked on the January 10 Radiance cruise.  We don’t have COVID (knock on wood), but are still considering cancelling.  Likely we will go, though, as we can wear N95 masks in the public interior public spaces.  For us, the N95s are perfectly comfortable.  Also, we are driving to the port so we have the capability to self quarantine upon disembarkation.  The Radiance is likely to be very short of full capacity,  another plus.   And then there was the very cheap cabin upgrade they gave us two weeks ago . . . . 

Interesting about Allstate insurance.   We have used USAA insurance our entire adult lives, and had nothing but superb customer and claims service, so we just have no incentive to shop our insurance around even if less expensive insurance might be out there.

And, yes, here is wishing a happy and healthy 2022 to all!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

Sorry to hear about your son and your having to reschedule your cruise.   Hope that works out.

Unfortunately, I have no experience with a gift card refund from a past cruise, so no insight into the timetable.

My wife and I are booked on the January 10 Radiance cruise.  We don’t have COVID (knock on wood), but are still considering cancelling.  Likely we will go, though, as we can wear N95 masks in the public interior public spaces.  For us, the N95s are perfectly comfortable.  Also, we are driving to the port so we have the capability to self quarantine upon disembarkation.  The Radiance is likely to be very short of full capacity,  another plus.   And then there was the very cheap cabin upgrade they gave us two weeks ago . . . . 

Interesting about Allstate insurance.   We have used USAA insurance our entire adult lives, and had nothing but superb customer and claims service, so we just have no incentive to shop our insurance around even if less expensive insurance might be out there.

And, yes, here is wishing a happy and healthy 2022 to all!

Thank you, and I wish you luck on the cruise!  We had no thoughts of canceling but knew that with 4 of us, there would be a chance of at least one of us being positive...I just didn't think it would be before our 2 day test!  My husband and I did a 4 day in October.  We wore masks everywhere, and it honestly wasn't horrible.  When I am in my office I need to wear it, when I go to the grocery store I wear it, so it has become habit.  

If we had the ability to have USAA insurance, I might not have changed either!!  

Enjoy your cruise!  

• Like 1

Happy New Year!

I almost feel silly for asking this, but I plan to bring back a few bottles of Hennessy Pure White. I would like to buy discounted Carnival gift cards (physical cards). Will I be able to use these gift cards in the shops on the ships to make the purchase? I can use the gift cards anywhere on the ship, correct? Again, I feel silly for asking this but this is my first cruise.

8 minutes ago, NanoGirl21 said:

Happy New Year!

I almost feel silly for asking this, but I plan to bring back a few bottles of Hennessy Pure White. I would like to buy discounted Carnival gift cards (physical cards). Will I be able to use these gift cards in the shops on the ships to make the purchase? I can use the gift cards anywhere on the ship, correct? Again, I feel silly for asking this but this is my first cruise.

Don't feel silly!  Honestly until you cruise you just don't know how it works!  When you buy the alcohol on the ship, the purchase will be made on your sail and sign card.  You need to either go to guest services or the kiosk and apply the gift cards to your account.  That way the gift cards will go towards all your on ship purchases.  

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tw67 said:

Don't feel silly!  Honestly until you cruise you just don't know how it works!  When you buy the alcohol on the ship, the purchase will be made on your sail and sign card.  You need to either go to guest services or the kiosk and apply the gift cards to your account.  That way the gift cards will go towards all your on ship purchases.  

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you. ❤️

On 12/29/2021 at 11:22 AM, SNJCruisers said:

Lesson learned.  Why did you wait so long to sign up?  Even if you just found out about the site, you should have pulled the trigger immediately after accumulating enough points to get the ecards you wanted.  Obviously you now need to keep your fingers crossed that they get put back in within a week.  Good luck.

You could sign up for AARP for 90 days for $1.00 and then cancel before the 16.00 renewal kicks in. They have the ecards available.

Do they have e-cards now (aarp)? 

14 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

Thank you. I didn't see them say ecard. Signing up now... your response is much appreciated 😁

When I first looked they didn't say e-cards.  After I clicked on them they had it.

Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tw67 said:

When I first looked they didn't say e-cards.  After I clicked on them they had it.

Good luck!

I never really thought about it before, but in my experience with AARP all of the gift cards I have bought from them (quite a few over the past 18 months, both Carnival and other brands) have been ecards.   This was true even where the cards were not specifically labeled as "egift cards."  I am wondering whether anyone has ever purchased a physical gift card from AARP.

1 minute ago, Calnev1 said:

I never really thought about it before, but in my experience with AARP all of the gift cards I have bought from them (quite a few over the past 18 months, both Carnival and other brands) have been ecards.   This was true even where the cards were not specifically labeled as "egift cards."  I am wondering whether anyone has ever purchased a physical gift card from AARP.

Before AARP transformed, I used them and they had physical cards that were mailed. I use Allstate now but did get a couple of $100 egift cards from AARP not long ago.

On 12/31/2021 at 9:34 AM, tw67 said:

Terry

Today our Gift Cards came in the mail.  Over $1900 reimbursed in 5 different GC in 5 different FedEx envelopes.  Considering we had the holiday weekend, I think they came pretty quickly.   

Terry

On 1/5/2022 at 7:52 PM, tw67 said:

Today our Gift Cards came in the mail.  Over $1900 reimbursed in 5 different GC in 5 different FedEx envelopes.  Considering we had the holiday weekend, I think they came pretty quickly.   

Terry

Sorry I misunderstood. You got yours from Carnival.

Edited by AtoZgirl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AtoZgirl said:

Sorry I misunderstood. You got yours from Carnival.

Yes, they were a reimbursement.   With two weeks ordering cards,  you have a chance of them not making it.

1 minute ago, tw67 said:

Yes, they were a reimbursement.   With two weeks ordering cards,  you have a chance of them not making it.

Agreed, but I went ahead and risked it only because we are going on another cruise in April. We can use it then if they don't arrive before we leave later this month.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AtoZgirl said:

Agreed, but I went ahead and risked it only because we are going on another cruise in April. We can use it then if they don't arrive before we leave later this month.

Then yes, try!  Let me know if they come in on time!  Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1