new format

Pickels

Biggest downer for me is not being able to locate my posts on any thread I'm not subscribed to. Clicking through on my user name used to give me that facility, not so now. But still able to do so on my phone - crazy!

Also not knowing which country a poster comes from is another disadvantage as English some times has different meaning depending on the country of the user.

No longer a format for sitting at home with your laptop or PC and enjoying the journey. All about smartphones and tablets. I thinks most CC members and users are the former. Oh, and yeah, lots of room on the right for ADS ADS ADS. Best plan is to no longer tap into the progressive blogs. Just google to get the info you need. This is clearly related to their CC DUBIOUS cruise ships ratings based on reviews. Just like IVANKA perfume being a best seller with 50% 5 star and 50% 1 star Amazon ratings. Too bad an user driven site has been taken over by the profit motive. I can live without and vote with my fingers.

The 2 times I have tried to use the quote button, once I hit submit - it tells me I need 3 more characters,,,so I add more and it still says same thing so I gave up.

This is probably due to typing inside the quote rather than outside it. Characters typed inside a quote are not counted

Adjusting to it...no choice..but too many distracting doo dads and Ads...learning to ignore and focus on the posts...

Must be the time of year to ruin websites and phones..must have graduated a bunch of rookie techies . Our Samsung phone format / operations on AT & T was recently "upgraded " ( ha ha ha)..really bad job. Totally ruined something that worked well..but to get it reversed will risk saved data...so we will adjust to that as well.

Cruise Lines ?€œA ?€“ O?€?

Very interesting title line..hopefully maint today will correct this...

Thank you for posting this. Thought I had a virus and it was just my screen doing the above.

EDIT: Just realized that there is a "Sticky" at the top of the page letting us know there would be "maintenance" today.

Edited by Living4acruise2day
edit

I really did not notice the new format that much, but hadn't been on boards in a while! I like the option of looking at signatures if i want to. Most of the time I don't, but every so often...

One thing I can recommend to those of you saying it is too bright and hurts your eyes, is to download a Blue Light Filter (BLF). These are installed on some computers when you purchase or, you can download, some are free, some cost. A BLF removes blue light from your monitor. The screen will have a yellow tinge, but you can instantly feel how much easier it is on your eyes. More and more I have been reading about the effects of blue light on eyes, circadian rhythms, sleeplessness and more. Using a BLF eliminates any effect blue light has in this regard. It may look funny and you may want to turn off when viewing photos and such, but a BLF certainly eases eyestrain on this site and many more. Just use google to learn more about this.

I really did not notice the new format that much, but hadn't been on boards in a while! I like the option of looking at signatures if i want to. Most of the time I don't, but every so often...

One thing I can recommend to those of you saying it is too bright and hurts your eyes, is to download a Blue Light Filter (BLF). These are installed on some computers when you purchase or, you can download, some are free, some cost. A BLF removes blue light from your monitor. The screen will have a yellow tinge, but you can instantly feel how much easier it is on your eyes. More and more I have been reading about the effects of blue light on eyes, circadian rhythms, sleeplessness and more. Using a BLF eliminates any effect blue light has in this regard. It may look funny and you may want to turn off when viewing photos and such, but a BLF certainly eases eyestrain on this site and many more. Just use google to learn more about this.

Thank You. I just installed F.LUX for Mac. I didn't know it even existed. It is like Night Shift for Apple's iPhone and iPad. I like it.

I am truly baffled by the complaints about the new format. I read Cruise Critic on my PC at work, at home, or on my iPad and just checked it out on my phone although I seldom read it there. All readable. The message thread takes up about 2/3 of the screen, over to the left, with 1/3 of my screen mostly white. The light blue is restful. The font is more than adequate in size. The line length is readable. I particularly like that I have the option, right here in the message box, to style my words similar to what one finds in Microsoft Word, or to add a link or a photo. I am using Chrome on the PC. I hope you are all able to resolve your preferences or whatever is making the screen uncomfortable for you.