I have the cruise planning blues!!!

skrapngal

I'm a planner. I LOVE to research, weigh options, find the hidden treasures, plan, plan, plan...

I have 2 cruises coming up, they are fully planned (and almost fully paid).

Oh what is a girl to do!!!

Time to start looking into that 3rd cruise. :D

I'm a planner too and love everything that goes along with that. I also get bummed out once everything is planned and finished and all I have left to do is stare at my vacation folder and WAIT for the incredible cruise vacation!!!

While I wait, I enjoy watching the sailaways on Sat/Sun afternoons on the FLL webcam. Always fun to watch the ship you are going to be on sail on their latest journey knowing that soon it will be our turn!!

I'm the same...My partner has no clue about the ship or anything else to be honest...They haven't even logged onto the planner once. However...This has let me plan everything and book excursions and specialty dining without them interfering...I can't be so relaxed about things...They have no clue as to how much better a cruise can be with a bit of planning!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Forums mobile app

I'm the same...My partner has no clue about the ship or anything else to be honest...They haven't even logged onto the planner once. However...This has let me plan everything and book excursions and specialty dining without them interfering...I can't be so relaxed about things...They have no clue as to how much better a cruise can be with a bit of planning!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Forums mobile app

I am the one between my DH and I that does NONE of the planning. I know when we are going and what ship we agree to go on....for whatever length of time....and I am just fine. I leave the rest to him. I will be ready to leave for the port that morning....then the fun starts. So don't pick on those of us, that leave the planning of the details to OTHERS.

My hubby is the same, all he wants to know is what date we leave...he leaves the rest up to me...I even pack his clothes lol....but you can't have "two cooks in the Kitchen" so it works out well....no conflict no disagreement etc...everyone is happy....

I'm the same way. Planner type -a and love it! I plan all of our vacations. Hubby trusts me now. Research prices, where, when ,what etc

I do not only plan our larger 1-2 family trips a year but also our smaller weekend trips like Vegas etc. that helps. My downtime from planning is usually oct-January as holiday time has me preoccupied. But once January hits I have vacation blues and get going. After vacation hits I have post vacation blues so I just look forward to the next.

Time to plan something else! Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Funny. I couldn't put my finger on it but I have the blues also. Everything is planned, booked and paid for. Now the wait...

Guess I'll watch YouTube videos till its time.

Thanks to YouTube and deck plans I already know the ship and its secrets! Gotta love this build up!!

You could start planning a cruise for the time after the two you have planned and think about booking it while on the ship. We've always found that the deals are good and the deposits are lower. You can always change your mind and change or cancel the booking and you'll get your deposit refunded.

So, a lot of the times, we plan a cruise, then while waiting for it, we think about what we want to book on the ship.

Tom

I'm a planner. I LOVE to research, weigh options, find the hidden treasures, plan, plan, plan...

Well, I don't see a 2018 cruise in your list. Start exploring the options and looking for good deals, that is how I got my '17 and '18 cruises.

Well, I don't see a 2018 cruise in your list. Start exploring the options and looking for good deals, that is how I got my '17 and '18 cruises.

that's because we are already planning to do Disney World sometime in the spring of 2018, but for various reasons we cannot nail this down yet.

• 5 months later...

The day after i book a cruise I begin planning everything for that cruise.