Cruise Director Review

tx121

I agree - Carly was one of our least favorites! We had Ken Rush for our 1st RC cruise and he set the "bench mark" pretty high! No one has been better - but many have been close;)

I was waiting for Ken Rush to come up. The reaction here seems LOVE & HATE him. Most of the haters seem to have had personal interaction with him. I thought his TV shows were good and full of good information as well as when he was MC of an event. I thought he ran a very good quest, possibly only matched by Ricky Williams. Ricky hasn't come up yet, I did like him 3 times on Majesty, haven't seen him since he left that ship.

Mike S. from Canada. I won't even attempt his last name. He is no longer with RCI. He was by far the best I have encountered, very talented at what he did and nothing about him was annoying.... that is a very big plus.

Mike Swakowski (sp?)

You're right, he was great :)

Liked all of them to be honest Jerome Sueur particularly stands out for his ability to move between languages and somehow extend the laugh as everyone reached the punchline.

Found all a little different on Royal Caribbean disliked the one on P&O Ventura we had I don't think he did anything

Hey Donna, I figured you might have some input on this. I doubt your records go back far enough to know who was on Voyager back in 06? Its bugging me now that it has come up again ;)

Sorry, I've only been maintaining the list for 5 years or so.

Although I listed my favorites, I should add that there are some highly regarded CDs that I haven't sailed with (Joff, Jerome, Graham, etc) yet.

I thought Bobby Brown was terrific on our Serenade cruise in 2015. Always available and down to earth.

I thought he was pretty good on Harmony but suspect he is a lot better on a smaller ship.

Felt he was an odd choice for Harmony especially when in Barcelona as spoke no Spanish.

I was waiting for Ken Rush to come up. The reaction here seems LOVE & HATE him. Most of the haters seem to have had personal interaction with him. I thought his TV shows were good and full of good information as well as when he was MC of an event. I thought he ran a very good quest, possibly only matched by Ricky Williams. Ricky hasn't come up yet, I did like him 3 times on Majesty, haven't seen him since he left that ship.

The only problem I had with Ken Rush was he was so full of himself. Everything was a Ken Rush production.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only problem I had with Ken Rush was he was so full of himself. Everything was a Ken Rush production.

The description of Ken does make me LOL. But - he did laugh at himself, I believe he knows he is over-the-top. But he was our first CD, and the most memorable. Right behind him were Leigh, Richard, Dennis, and Ricky(who must have "crack-flakes" for breakfast). We had the pleasure to have Richard and Leigh together on Explorer during our son's wedding voyage. They were hilarious together - such a "bro-mance".

I do believe that we enjoy the CD's when we are in the mood for them. We have had a few cruises where we only wanted "p and q" and never saw them. That was our choice - just that kind of vacation.;)

Mike S. from Canada. I won't even attempt his last name. He is no longer with RCI. He was by far the best I have encountered, very talented at what he did and nothing about him was annoying.... that is a very big plus.

He was the he BEST, hands down, it was Awesome when he did "Fountains"

I have to say Dave Chapman and Abe Huges were two of the BEST I've had in all my sailings on royal. When you saw them around the ship they always had time to chat with you which was nice.

On our last Anthem cruise we (in my opinion) had one of the worst CLO :mad:. I never saw a CD in more of a rush to do what she had to do and get outta there.Other than when she walked the deck in the am I never saw her around the ship.

I have to say Dave Chapman and Abe Huges were two of the BEST I've had in all my sailings on royal. When you saw them around the ship they always had time to chat with you which was nice.

On our last Anthem cruise we (in my opinion) had one of the worst CLO :mad:. I never saw a CD in more of a rush to do what she had to do and get outta there.Other than when she walked the deck in the am I never saw her around the ship.

Was on the same cruise and totally agree, and the "morning show" that we always looked forward to was the worst ! as for my favorites, Abe Hughes, Dave Chapman, and my all time favorite Leigh X.

Agreed 100%

We liked "Hello Clo" on the Anthem. Big ship but she remembered Bob's name the second time he walked with her morning group. Our favorite combination of CD and Activities Manager was on Allure in November, Tim & Katie. We actually watched their show every morning though rarely saw them outside of the theater. We have also sailed for many nights with John and Katrina Blair and find them to be an excellent team and very friendly. Looking forward to having Graham Seymour again for 24 weeks days on Explorer in April. He knows how to host the Love and Marriage Game Show the best and is very entertaining, too.

I don't have a least favorite. There aren't any I wouldn't sail with again. We have always been on Royal ships except for one unmemorable Princess cruise. Did they even have a CD? It's only been 15 months but I'm not sure!

Karen (&Bob)