how much/little a drop is worth rebooking?

my december anthem is 2123 plus 100 obc

a few weeks ago it was a bit lower with just 75 credit.

then went to 2043 no credit

today its 1972 with no credit.

do people really call in every single time there's a drop or do you wait for X amount before calling in?

i know with NCL they warn you in theory if someone books your room while they are doing a cancel/rebook that they cannot help it. is it the same on royal?

I've never heard the RC reps (or our travel agent) say that you could lose the stateroom when adjusting the price. I don't think a price adjustment is a rebooking on RC.

I would not bother the travel agent for a $10 drop in price, but I would for a $50 drop.

I've never heard the RC reps (or our travel agent) say that you could lose the stateroom when adjusting the price. I don't think a price adjustment is a rebooking on RC.

I would not bother the travel agent for a $10 drop in price, but I would for a $50 drop.

I am not exactly sure what or how my TA makes money. This is the first cruise I am using one. In the past I called the cruise company everytime it dropped, even if it was a few dollars. I have used *************** as well. Even after full payment is due I would get the extra obc. Not sure about rccl but carnival would fluctuate quite a bit. The last cruise we went on was with the kids and we had a 150 obc just in the little ups and downs. in the end if I would have waited, one it may not have stayed or dropped again and I would not have gotten the credits each time it dropped.

At this point if I was the one who spotted the drop, I would email the TA for $10. If it was direct thru rccl I would call everytime.

BTW if you had $100 and the price drops but the obc does as well I dont think they would move the obc. so you would keep the 100 and also get the lower price.

... BTW if you had $100 and the price drops but the obc does as well I dont think they would move the obc. so you would keep the 100 and also get the lower price.

If the OBC was from booking on board, you would get to keep it.

If the OBC was from some promo they were running before, then you would lose it unless there was some other promo running at the time you asked for the price drop.

I have a great TA and on any drop, I contact him to see if it is worth it. Sometimes the drop in price may impact OBC so we do the math to see what works best. Even if it was a $10 drop, I'd contact him just to talk. He owns a small agency and I get very personalized/friendly service. Many times we just play catch up on what is going on with our families. He told me no matter how small, call him and he will make the adjustment. He will contract me as well for any small drop. Great guy I can really count on.

From what you wrote, the price now is $151 less than the original price; subtract the $100 OBC and you'd be ahead by $51.

My personal opinion is I'd rather pay less than have the OBC. But that's me. I like not paying as much instead of feeling like I need to spend the OBC on board.

If you are using a TA, you should have determined if any price drops will result in any fees TO THEM. If not, then calculate the bottom line price (deduct any existing OBC from the price, then compare to the current) and if lower, call and get adjusted.

ive just started an excel sheet. will track price for 9 months and report back

If you see a great drop, call them up right away. Prices change all the time and if you wait, there is no guarantee that it will be there the next day.

I had 2 price changes since I've had my cruise booked. I weighed my options on what I was getting and called both times. On the second one, I lost some OBC, but it didn't matter to me...I was still getting money off. You just have to determine what's worth it to you. I like any price drop personally, but I also stopped going through a TA and started booking directly with the cruise line.

After final payment they wont do anything for you unless youre booking a higher category. Customer service at Royal has always been terrible. We sail with them now because its a cheaper option than Disney.

my december anthem is 2123 plus 100 obc

a few weeks ago it was a bit lower with just 75 credit.

then went to 2043 no credit

today its 1972 with no credit.

do people really call in every single time there's a drop or do you wait for X amount before calling in?

i know with NCL they warn you in theory if someone books your room while they are doing a cancel/rebook that they cannot help it. is it the same on royal?

On Royal you won't lose your room because you are never cancelling and rebooking. They adjust the price, you keep the same reservation number.

On Royal you won't lose your room because you are never cancelling and rebooking. They adjust the price, you keep the same reservation number.

I was informed of risk when wanting to reprice UK booking a few years back. There was a drop of over 700 GBP before final payment. We had to forfeit the 300 GBP deposit and re book. I wanted to keep the same connecting cabins, so rep waitlisted these to protect our interest. Happily all went well though losing the deposit is a big bugbear of the UK T&C.

I was informed of risk when wanting to reprice UK booking a few years back. There was a drop of over 700 GBP before final payment. We had to forfeit the 300 GBP deposit and re book. I wanted to keep the same connecting cabins, so rep waitlisted these to protect our interest. Happily all went well though losing the deposit is a big bugbear of the UK T&C.

That makes sense because the UK bookings don't have the ability to change pricing, so all they can do is cancel and rebook.

After final payment they wont do anything for you unless youre booking a higher category. Customer service at Royal has always been terrible. We sail with them now because its a cheaper option than Disney.

That's not bad customer service. It's the policy at Royal Caribbean, and has been for many years now. When you are past the final payment date, there are no refunds, either in cash or OBC. It's just how it is. Most cruiselines function this way. You can upgrade yourselves for more money if you like, or if a higher category is the same or lower than what you paid for your stateroom, you may ask to be moved up to that category.

If you don't like it, use Carnival's Early Booking program - which has a heck of a lot of its own restrictions.

Sorry I was speaking to North American terms and conditions.