Dream Room Cleaning Trial

Hotdog 52

What would be cool is if someone could post a quick pic of the form.

Listen, we keep our cabin quite orderly. It certainly doesn't require a full second cleaning any day. But we do appreciate a restocking of the towels (particularly our now used beach towels), the turn down, the towel animal, the reset to 'evening' lighting, and the refill of our ice bucket. There's something very nice about coming back to the cabin after a nice dinner and it's all relaxed and cozy. So perhaps the right answer is cleaning in the morning and 'freshening' in the evening.

What would be cool is if someone could post a quick pic of the form.

Listen, we keep our cabin quite orderly. It certainly doesn't require a full second cleaning any day. But we do appreciate a restocking of the towels (particularly our now used beach towels), the turn down, the towel animal, the reset to 'evening' lighting, and the refill of our ice bucket. There's something very nice about coming back to the cabin after a nice dinner and it's all relaxed and cozy. So perhaps the right answer is cleaning in the morning and 'freshening' in the evening.

That is what they have traditionally done.

Micah's Grandad and I have been following this for about a year and a half now. It hasn't been this smooth in the past. They didn't always have the cards that you had the option to choose both although they said all ship participating in the trial did. Since things are quiet now, it seems that the trial is about over. Young cruisers didn't know they could have both because the steward wouldn't give them the choice.:)

What is really strange is how some stewards on the Dream were asking people for what they wanted and some just gave 2x service.

We were on the Dream last year where the trial was going on and steward never asked and just gave us normal service.

Other people reported that when asked and they said they wanted 2x service there was pushback from the steward.

In other words consistency is not happening.

We were in a suite and our steward pushed for once a day service, but the issue to us is that passengers can't get ice in the cabin area - like in a hotel, nor can we just go get fresh towels somewhere and we need both morning and evening. If Carnival made ice stations in the cabin hallways and there was a place to get fresh towels and a hamper for used ones, we could do once a day service.

I would be fine with opting for once choosing the night time service however, I am thinking you will never get you room cleaned because the night service is supposed to be quick....then they are through for the night....So will they want to slow down and do the regular cleaning at night for x amount of cabins?? Just wondering if this would really work for us.

I would be fine with opting for once choosing the night time service however, I am thinking you will never get you room cleaned because the night service is supposed to be quick....then they are through for the night....So will they want to slow down and do the regular cleaning at night for x amount of cabins?? Just wondering if this would really work for us.

Presumably they would work less hours during the morning and more at night to deal with people's preferences

Breeze still has twice a day room service ,We were never asked which we want . This was 2 months ago

We sailed January 22 on the Breeze in an 8S. They are supposed to hand you the card so you can check off morning, evening or both. Our steward had the card on her clipboard, but kept it covered. She asked,"What time do you want your room serviced?" That implied I had to pick a specific time. But, I knew from discussions with the housekeeping manager on the Liberty that they are supposed to offer morning, evening or both. I told her both and she was visibly perturbed.

The blue cards across the hall stood there dithering over 10am or 10:15am for a long time. If you don't know you can get the twice daily service you probably won't get it, unless you are in a suite.

Morning was the deep clean. Evening was just fresh towels and fresh ice and the bed turned down. The trash cans were still overflowing when we went back to the cabin after dinner.

But, I did not like getting my towel animal in the morning!

I discussed the way our steward handled it with Viktor, the Asst. housekeeping manager on the Breeze. He agreed that she was just trying to get out of work. Viktor is a really nice guy from the Ukraine. (Talk to him about the Ukraine's problems and you will find out stuff the news media never reports too! ) Our Steward had a bunch of cabins, but also had 2 assistants who did the heavy lifting while she schmoozed with the passengers, so after the first day I didn't feel bad about the twice a day service.

Also, make sure you request your robes and ice when the steward comes to ask when you want your room serviced. Newbies won't know about the ice since the ice bucket is not in the cabin.

Suites are supposed to get an enhanced turndown service, but we were in a suite after that program started and saw nothing different from the old turndown service.

I really wish you could make your selection ahead of time like you can for the beds together or apart. That way they will already have the ice and robes in the cabin when you board. It is a pain to have to go to the Lido to get ice for the drinks you bought to be delivered to the cabin. At least, they should put those in the fridge to start the cool down process.

Edited by DebJ14

I am so confused. So does turn-down service not constitute evening service? I was under the assumption that if we chose only morning service, we wouldn't get towel animals or our beds turned down. I was going to make a point to select both for this reason. If the issue is simply that they don't clean the room again at night, I feel like I could deal with this. I just really need to make sure we get the towel animals. :)

It appears to be in a trial stage on just a few ships but do think down the road they will make it once a day fleetwide

I have been told by several housekeeping managers that Carnival will still retain the twice a day service for those who want it. They said those are mostly the Diamond and Platinum passengers who have been sailing with Carnival for a long time and expect it.

Those new to cruising think it is like the Holiday Inn with only once a day service. Carnival paid Boston Consulting a hefty fee to do a study and they concluded that the demographic on Carnival stays at hotels offering once a day service and the demographic does not expect, nor want the evening turndown.

Well, we stay at all inclusive resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and US hotels like the Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton chains that offer evening turndown. We have been sailing Carnival (and other lines) for years and love the evening turndown. I don't know about you, but we shower morning and evening and do not reuse towels, so twice a day service is a must for us, especially on hot weather Caribbean cruises.

Our next Carnival cruise is in a suite, so there should be no issue since we are supposed to get enhanced turndown.

I am so confused. So does turn-down service not constitute evening service? I was under the assumption that if we chose only morning service, we wouldn't get towel animals or our beds turned down. I was going to make a point to select both for this reason. If the issue is simply that they don't clean the room again at night, I feel like I could deal with this. I just really need to make sure we get the towel animals. :)

I think you will still get towel animals. We chose the twice a day service but when we would come back to the room in the early afternoon our towel animal would already be there so they obviously left it when they cleaned in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't be confused demand both, period. As stated previously, we were never given an option. She only asked what time we ate so she knew when the cabin would be empty. She told us we were the last cabin she cleaned, we left the cabin at about 8:30 pm every night. We usually left the cabin around 10 am after our continental breakfast on the balcony.

No turndown service is completely separate from the cleaning service. BTW the offered cleaning service times are mornings, afternoon, or both.

Basically stewards work a split-shift type of arrangement. Many work 7-11 am for the morning cleaning shift then do 2-6 pm for an afternoon cleaning cleaning, then finish their 10 hour active work schedule doing turndown service between 7-9 pm.

Of course stewards have a bit of wiggle room in how they run the shift in case the get a block of passengers that all want morning service or all are doing early set dinner

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

Don't be confused demand both, period. As stated previously, we were never given an option. She only asked what time we ate so she knew when the cabin would be empty. She told us we were the last cabin she cleaned, we left the cabin at about 8:30 pm every night. We usually left the cabin around 10 am after our continental breakfast on the balcony.

Demand is such a pleasant word....how about request?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think you will still get towel animals. We chose the twice a day service but when we would come back to the room in the early afternoon our towel animal would already be there so they obviously left it when they cleaned in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do we tell them we want our towel animals at night?:') I know this sounds lame, but I am just used to coming back to the room after a nice dinner in the evening to find our beds turned down and our towel animal on display. I don't want this to change.

No turndown service is completely separate from the cleaning service. BTW the offered cleaning service times are mornings, afternoon, or both.

Basically stewards work a split-shift type of arrangement. Many work 7-11 am for the morning cleaning shift then do 2-6 pm for an afternoon cleaning cleaning, then finish their 10 hour active work schedule doing turndown service between 7-9 pm.

Of course stewards have a bit of wiggle room in how they run the shift in case the get a block of passengers that all want morning service or all are doing early set dinner

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

Is this another Carnival first, cleaning from 2pm to 6pm?

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Is this another Carnival first, cleaning from 2pm to 6pm?

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Clean rooms and a smile and a greeting by name every day. Just the way it's done at Carnival. 35 cruises and never had a problem, not a bad record.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If we ever have to choose once a day service and think down the road that is their plan' date=' why tip the same for less service? Would not take off half but think some amount say 20% is reasonable.[/quote']

20% of what?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app