Anthem - creaky cabin

I was just reading in a thread which I can no longer find that my room might be really creaky. 8136. Is there anything I can bring/do to prevent this? I'm a very light sleeper and RC told me to book there instead of the room across from the elevators. I called RC and they said the ship is full so I can't switch rooms.

I was just reading in a thread which I can no longer find that my room might be really creaky. 8136. Is there anything I can bring/do to prevent this? I'm a very light sleeper and RC told me to book there instead of the room across from the elevators. I called RC and they said the ship is full so I can't switch rooms.

First, I would say, don't believe everything you read. Some people just complain. I would suggest you bring earplugs juat in case you need them. Happy cruising.

First, I would say, don't believe everything you read. Some people just complain. I would suggest you bring earplugs juat in case you need them. Happy cruising.

First, I would say, book 8142 on anthem and post back after you sail. I would post a video from the ship but I won't bother since you seem to know more than those who have actually sailed in the area the OP is referring to.

To the OP, I am not sure about 8136 but 8142 creaks a lot. We are in some swells right now and we are definitely creaking.

I'm boarding on Sunday in room 8152. It seems very near the ones mentioned above. I'm bringing these and I can vouch for their comfort. I can wear them all night with no issues at all.

I have no idea if the room is noisy but will report when we get back.

4123feUGg1L.jpg

dp

I'm boarding on Sunday in room 8152. It seems very near the ones mentioned above. I'm bringing these and I can vouch for their comfort. I can wear them all night with no issues at all.

I have no idea if the room is noisy but will report when we get back.

4123feUGg1L.jpg

dp

Well this gives me another option for my roommates if my snoring gets too loud LOL

Interesting. I sail mainly Oasis class peacefully but I did sail Anthem and I did notice that my room creaked enough to drive me crazy. It was the bottom of the window area. I guess that I will have to bring a pry bar and WD-40 next time to give it a little adjustment!

Or, we can simply call maintenance and see if they have any ideas.

First, I would say, book 8142 on anthem and post back after you sail. I would post a video from the ship but I won't bother since you seem to know more than those who have actually sailed in the area the OP is referring to.

To the OP, I am not sure about 8136 but 8142 creaks a lot. We are in some swells right now and we are definitely creaking.

I would be interested to know if, given the swells, only your cabin (and the ones in its direct vicinity) is affected. I'd also be interested to know if the creaking exists when seas are calm (or the ship is docked in port).

My guess would be many cabins will be creaking if ocean swells are substantial. But what do I know (having only sailed 30+ times on more than a dozen differently-classed ships).

I would be interested to know if, given the swells, only your cabin (and the ones in its direct vicinity) is affected. I'd also be interested to know if the creaking exists when seas are calm (or the ship is docked in port).

My guess would be many cabins will be creaking if ocean swells are substantial. But what do I know (having only sailed 30+ times on more than a dozen differently-classed ships).

I only know what I am hearing in my cabin and have offered to speak to the people in 8136 if I see them.

As far as your other comments, I have no intention of getting into a discussion about who has cruised more cruises and classes of ships. I was trying to help a first time cruiser with actual information about the ship they are sailing.

We stayed in cabin 8142 for a 12N cruise. This cabin has excessive creaking/clacking noises. I would not book this room. We are not those who just "like to complain". In fact, we rarely ever - if at all do. For comparison, we were on Anthem during Hermine in September with hurricane force winds of 109mph and seas to match. Our cabin 8310 only had what I would call minimal/normal noise throughout the storm. Nothing close to the noise that you will experience in 8142 during normal conditions.

Sailed on Anthem of the Seas in November 2016 in stateroom 6642 and it creaked every night. In calm seas, or not. Even when we were slowly approaching a port the stateroom creaked during the quiet of the morning. It was more than usual in comparison to prior sailings over the past 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been on Anthem 7 times in 7 different cabins, on different decks, mostly just rear of the midship elevators. Every cabin I've been in has creaked when there were some rough seas. When the seas were calm, there was no creaking.

The captain said we had unusually calm seas and our cabin creaked all night, every night. We called guest services and they sent security and maintenance to our room at 3 in the morning. My parents were in the front of the ship and did not have the same problem.

My husband and I were on the anthem during the huge storm last February. The cabin creaked and groaned the entire way back to port after the storm .... I have to wonder.... was it like that before that storm? I don't remember it being like that the first night. There was so much damage to that ship during the storm.... its curious

My husband and I were on the anthem during the huge storm last February. The cabin creaked and groaned the entire way back to port after the storm .... I have to wonder.... was it like that before that storm? I don't remember it being like that the first night. There was so much damage to that ship during the storm.... its curious

I was on cruises before the February cruise and also on Quantum 3 times before Anthem arrived at Cape Liberty. The creaking was there, during rough seas, long before the storm in February. So no it's not because of damage to the ship.

I was on cruises before the February cruise and also on Quantum 3 times before Anthem arrived at Cape Liberty. The creaking was there, during rough seas, long before the storm in February. So no it's not because of damage to the ship.

That's good to know! Must be a design flaw then.