Ok, so turn-down service does not equal PM service?

Carleeb12

Don't be mad. I posted about this a few days ago, but didn't get any responses, so I'm trying one more time. If I tell my cabin steward I want AM service and turn-down service, I feel like I can live with this. Does turn-down service always include the bedspread being turned down, a fun times, extra towels, and a towel animal? If so, I am not sure what is so bad about once-a-day service. I wasn't aware the cabin stewards actually cleaned my room twice a day in the past.

I'm confused. Turn down service is the PM service. So what's the difference between asking for AM and PM service and AM and turn down? My understanding is the usual way in the past was to make up the cabins in the morning and turn down the cabins in the evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did something change where they are not already doing AM and turn down service automatically? I prefer both...I like being spoiled on a cruise and with 2 adults and 2 kids in a tiny stateroom, the service twice a day really helps make it more comfortable.

I questioned our steward on that issue. I wanted a PM or evening cleaning, but the card said "morning service, evening turn down, or both" I wanted to clarify that I wanted the cabin cleaned & towels replenished in the evening. It was done as I requested. Towel animals, funtimes, clean towels & ice bucket filled as requested.

Good question.

I'm fine with AM cleaning + turndown service. I don't need the steward to clean bathroom, vacuum the floor etc. But I would like the actually turndown service as described by OP.

So what is it exactly that the steward will do in the room if you choose "am", "pm" or "both"?

The only reason I like having twice daily service is to change out towels. They never seem to dry out between uses as they do at home. Have asked for extra towels in the morning but that almost always has issues. Do enjoy the different towel animals but they don't make or break my cruise.

The only reason I like having twice daily service is to change out towels. They never seem to dry out between uses as they do at home. Have asked for extra towels in the morning but that almost always has issues. Do enjoy the different towel animals but they don't make or break my cruise.

What is the difference between PM service and turndown service? Is PM service actually only a turndown service (see post no 1)

What is the difference between PM service and turndown service? Is PM service actually only a turndown service (see post no 1)

AM or PM refer to a complete cleaning of the cabin. Everything top to bottom. Turn down is what it implies...turning down your bed, towel animal etc....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you choose AM service, you won't get turndown and clean towels in the evening. Your funtimes will be left in your mailbox.

If you choose PM service, your cabin will not get cleaned until the afternoon or evening. Depending on when it is cleaned you may or may not get turndown.

If you choose both, which it has been in the past before the trial program, you will get your cabin cleaned in the morning and turndown/fresh towels in the evening.

Some people like only once a day service,which is fine. The problem is some stewards are not giving some of the cruises the choice. They are suppose to give you a card for you to make your selections. This is not happening in each instant, especially to new cruisers which don't understand that they can have both.:)

If you choose AM service, you won't get turndown and clean towels in the evening. Your funtimes will be left in your mailbox.

If you choose PM service, your cabin will not get cleaned until the afternoon or evening. Depending on when it is cleaned you may or may not get turndown.

If you choose both, which it has been in the past before the trial program, you will get your cabin cleaned in the morning and turndown/fresh towels in the evening.

Some people like only once a day service,which is fine. The problem is some stewards are not giving some of the cruises the choice. They are suppose to give you a card for you to make your selections. This is not happening in each instant, especially to new cruisers which don't understand that they can have both.:)

Thank you for taking the time to answer this legitimate question. Unfortunately not everyone sees it that way.

This is as acurate of an answer that I have seen so far.

AM is everything cleaned (Bathroom, cleaned, new towels, vacuuming floors, bed made, etc.).

PM same as above.

Am & PM I don't think they vacuum twice, but freashen up bathroom and cabin.

Turndown will be towel animal, Fun Times and sheets turned down. Miss the chocolate mints,

Thank you for answering the question. It's great to know there is a place to ask questions and get answers to help everyone!! Enjoy your day and future cruise

I questioned our steward on that issue. I wanted a PM or evening cleaning, but the card said "morning service, evening turn down, or both" I wanted to clarify that I wanted the cabin cleaned & towels replenished in the evening. It was done as I requested. Towel animals, funtimes, clean towels & ice bucket filled as requested.

That has been what was done for us on all 24 cruises whether there was a card or not, or whether we were asked or not. During the turn down service (evening service) the towels are changed (if they are on the floor), the bed is turned down, the Funtimes is there, the towel animal is there (located in the appropriate place), the ice bucket is filled, dirty glasses are removed and replaced with clean, the trash is emptied, and if there was sand or dirt tracked in from the port, the carpet has been vacuumed.