Junior suite vs grand suite on rhapsody

Considering a grand suite on rhapsody next year since it's not a huge price difference right now compared to a junior suite. We've been in a grand suite before. What perks pertain to rhapsody? Is there private pool seating? Show room seating? What else specific to this class of ships since we've never been on a ship as small as rhapsody.

Considering a grand suite on rhapsody next year since it's not a huge price difference right now compared to a junior suite. We've been in a grand suite before. What perks pertain to rhapsody? Is there private pool seating? Show room seating? What else specific to this class of ships since we've never been on a ship as small as rhapsody.

No private pool seating, however there is show seating for suites. Access to the Concierge Lounge, with continental breakfast and nightly cocktail hour.

No private pool seating, however there is show seating for suites. Access to the Concierge Lounge, with continental breakfast and nightly cocktail hour.

Thank you Bob! It sounds like some of the extras aren't existing on this ship then. For tel of us on a 7 night cruise the price difference between a JS and GS is roughly 400 per person. Either cabin would give us double points and put us at diamond. The size of the room isn't a big deal to us. However the extra amenities with the GS are what typically draws us in. What would everyone else do?

I forgot to mention the ability to get room service off the MDR menu whenever the MDR is open. Still, it would be hard for us to justify an $800 difference for the perks.

Thank you Bob! It sounds like some of the extras aren't existing on this ship then. For tel of us on a 7 night cruise the price difference between a JS and GS is roughly 400 per person. Either cabin would give us double points and put us at diamond. The size of the room isn't a big deal to us. However the extra amenities with the GS are what typically draws us in. What would everyone else do?

Pretty sure the JS does NOT get you double points. I would go for the GS.

On my last Rhapsody cruise, we did our standard...and stayed in a JS. Lots of storage,

full tub and shower, with a nice balcony. And of course double points. ;)

800 would not entice me to upgrade to the GS...nice as it is.

This will be our first time in a JS on Rhapsody. I noticed there is an additional $3 in gratuities. We were in an S2 and S1 Suite on Celebrity, and we had a Butler who took care of a lot of our care and feeding -- is there such a person on RCL for a Junior Suite? If not, what does the extra $3 go to?

Is the feeling of the ship much smaller compared to jewel? Jewel has been the smallest ship we've been on and that felt somewhat small. I'm thinking the $1400 for a JS per person isn't too bad, unfortunately no aft ones are left

Is the feeling of the ship much smaller compared to jewel? Jewel has been the smallest ship we've been on and that felt somewhat small. I'm thinking the $1400 for a JS per person isn't too bad, unfortunately no aft ones are left

No, I don't get the impression that Rhapsody has a smaller feel than Jewel. Rhapsody's main pool deck area is larger, because there's no kiddie pool or basketball court. The centrum also feels larger because there are no elevators on one side of the centrum like on Radiance class ships.

If you want access to the Concierge Lounge for "happy hour" then the upgrade may be worth it. After this cruise you will have access to the Diamond Lounge so may not worth the extra $

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For that price difference I would just book drink packages and enjoy drinks anywhere onboard. $800 more for a room that gets you no more perks other than having to stick to one Lounge during certain hours doesn't sound appealing at all to me. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Forums App

For that price difference I would just book drink packages and enjoy drinks anywhere onboard. $800 more for a room that gets you no more perks other than having to stick to one Lounge during certain hours doesn't sound appealing at all to me. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Forums App

That's kind of my thoughts too. The pool seating was nice on ships that have it but since this one doesn't; we could get the drink package and make up for no suite lounge. It does goes to the Cayman so priority tendering would be nice in the GS but still doesn't justify the extra money

This will be our first time in a JS on Rhapsody. I noticed there is an additional $3 in gratuities. We were in an S2 and S1 Suite on Celebrity, and we had a Butler who took care of a lot of our care and feeding -- is there such a person on RCL for a Junior Suite? If not, what does the extra $3 go to?

The extra $3 per person per day does not kick in until Grand Suite. JS passengers pay $13.50.

I have no comment about the grand suite, but I have stayed in a JS on the Rhapsody in October and recently stayed in a JS on the Navigator.

Simply as FYI, the JS on the Rhapsody felt VERY small, and as other have mentioned doe not have a walk in closet like the Navigator (which is a game changer for me). Our friends were in a balcony room on the Rhapsody and their room did not feel any different than our JS (Did they have a large balcony room or we had a small JS, who knows but that's just my .02)

Also, if you haven't been on her already, you are going to love the Rhapsody, the staff definitely live up to the "Suuper - Friendly Rhapsody if the Seas"!

Enjoy!

We decided to "treat" ourselves to a GS on Grandeur a year ago and now 4 cruises later with 4 more booked, we can't go back. There's so much room that it really makes us feel special.

I haven't been in a GS on Rhapsody but if you can afford it, I'd go for it.

We decided to "treat" ourselves to a GS on Grandeur a year ago and now 4 cruises later with 4 more booked, we can't go back. There's so much room that it really makes us feel special.

I haven't been in a GS on Rhapsody but if you can afford it, I'd go for it.

We feel the same exact way did not try GS until 2014 after about 15 RCCL cruises, we now have done 4 GS on RCCL and have 2 more booked for this year Liberty next month and Navigator in November, hard to give up perks after you get used to them. Be nice if RCCL perks were fleet wide for a suite pool deck area which our last cruise on Brilliance did not have.

We feel the same exact way did not try GS until 2014 after about 15 RCCL cruises, we now have done 4 GS on RCCL and have 2 more booked for this year Liberty next month and Navigator in November, hard to give up perks after you get used to them. Be nice if RCCL perks were fleet wide for a suite pool deck area which our last cruise on Brilliance did not have.

We did two GS cabins and we've done a few balcony cabins since.. Just has been depending on the price! Still debating on this one.