My Anthem of the Seas ~~ LONG review

Drink package works at Bionic Bar with Sea pass or Wow bands on Harmony. Just arrived home.

Well, I am surprised there have been no more questions...everyone must be on a cruise.....

I am not going to quote but just comment on your response.

Unfortunate about your misdirection at embarkation...but you had the right attitude.

So the only way I can get a drink b4 i go to my room is purchase the WOW band, what is the cost 5 bucks?

I greatly appreciate your details...with children in tow I commend you on your observations.

I signed up for the escape room and Ifly we'll see if the weather cooperates.....When I did I didn't realized I had to purchase the cart so lost my time for Ifly but was able to secure another reservation on a port day.

My sister was on Harmony 2 weeks ago and said you could not use the drink package on the bionic bar that is why I asked.

I have a few more questions....Did you do North Star and if so what was your opinion......what did you or ur family think of the bumper cars(cute photo), was there always a line?

Is there Starbucks on Anthem ? If yes, Does the Royal Replenish Package ( I think it is now $23 per day ) includes Starbucks ...?

I remember on Quantum It was included.

No licensed Starbucks venue on Anthem. So you should be able to use your Refreshment (new name for Replenish) package anywhere on the ship, even if they are using Starbucks coffee beans.

We sailed on the Anthem in February and loved it. We did not care for the Allure at all last September. We are two adults though so that could make a difference. What works for some does not for others. Sorry you did not have a great experience.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Forums mobile app

I feel the same way I loved the Anthem and I'm sailing on her again in November. I sailed the Allure November 2015 and I wasn't a huge fan either it was nice but not my cup of tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your review.

Any tips on lunch? or special times to eat in the windjammer? any special dinners in the windjammer?

Did you ever see a crepe station?

Did you eat in any specialties? have a package how did it work out?

Lobster was on the 2nd formal night right?

Are the smoothies from solarium bar included in the deluxe package(the about 50 a day alcohol package)?

Sorry your family missed ifly. we always try and book it for the first sea day so if it gets cancelled you can do it another time.

I am a little worried about the shows on our June cruise like you we always look forward to the shows

Funny, but I will cruise on any class and love it, I never think about anything but being out on the Big Blue:hearteyes: BUT we have not sailed Quantum class yet and I am itching to get my toes in that Solarium pool, its so luscious looking. And to experience 270. Hope you can post pics of it.

Also haven't been back to NYC since 1982! Guess its about time....

Glad to read this because I was starting to feel really depressed as we have an Anthem cruise coming up in June of this year, just my husband and I. We went back and forth between Oasis class and the Anthem and I am now a little worried that we made the wrong decision. :(

We sailed on the Anthem in February and loved it. We did not care for the Allure at all last September. We are two adults though so that could make a difference. What works for some does not for others. Sorry you did not have a great experience.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Forums mobile app

I feel the same way I loved the Anthem and I'm sailing on her again in November. I sailed the Allure November 2015 and I wasn't a huge fan either it was nice but not my cup of tea.

Glad to read this because I was starting to feel really depressed as we have an Anthem cruise coming up in June of this year, just my husband and I. We went back and forth between Oasis class and the Anthem and I am now a little worried that we made the wrong decision. :(

As one of the people who doesn't love Anthem, I would recommend that you just go with an open mind and give it a try. There are many people who love Anthem and sail it a lot. We have tried Anthem twice now and would sail it again, if I got a really good price, but would choose an Oasis class ship if I had a choice.

Make your reservations, watch out for sales prices on drink packages and internet and then forget about everything here and go have a wonderful cruise!:)

We sailed on the Anthem a few weeks ago and loved it, I felt the crew was very friendly (except the staff at Cafe promenade), we did I fly and enjoyed it, we ate in the MDR each night with MTD, and never waited, though we eat early so that can be a factor. Embarkation was very quick, we never had to sit down, it was crowded, but there were lots of employees with tablets. I thought the workers in the parking lot were fantastic, very friendly. Leaving the ship was easy also, we walked out of our cabin at 630 and we were out of the garage by 7. We thought the ship was beautiful , loved the fact that the crew tied the chairs to the railings so the track was clear. Best gym I have been in on a ship.

We LOVE The Anthem, cruised last year, 2 days after returning, booked again for this year, 26 more days! As many before said, go with an open mind, my thinking is no matter what it is way better than being home, cooking & cleaning!!

Marg

We cruised on Anthem in December. It was my husband, myself and our four kids ages 15,13,10,8. We've cruises extensively with RC but that was our first time on the Anthem. Overall I would agree with most of this review. My biggest complaint was that we really wanted to do the Escape room but unless you were there immediately after boarding it was sold out the entire cruise. Most of the times it was not staffed, so it seems to me that they could eliminate that problem by having it staffed more often. Like the above poster, we tried to book it within an hour of being allowed on board and it was already sold out. I called multiple times to see if anyone cancelled and still could not get in to do it. We were able to do the Ifly but we got lucky. They closed it down right after us and I was told by the staff that happens VERY frequently on the last day and that they almost always have to cancel that day. That seems a bit of a bait and switch to me, if it happens that frequently they shouldn't book people for that day, in my opinion, especially since you are only allowed one Ifly per cruise. (though if you go to the wait line, if someone doesn't show up they will let you take there spot) So if you want to do that, I would not book for the last day. My kids enjoyed the bumper cars, the roller skating, the circus/trapeze activities and we did have to wait in line but overall that was ok. Just try to get there early. Kids club was terribly understaffed. My kids really wanted to go to the PJ party. Put on their Pj's and I walked them up there only to have the staff say that since they only had 3 staff members they could only accommodate 40 kids. when I asked how many kids were on the sailing I was told 700. So there are 700 kids aboard and you can only accommodate roughly 5 percent. They only had one kids room open even though they have three rooms available because they didn't have staff to open the other rooms??WT*?? My kids didn't want to go back again after being turned away when they were so excited to go, so we never used it again. Some of the staff was great, ( our servers for instance) and some seemed both rude and unkowledgeable about thier own ship. There were at least two times when at guest services, that I was able to give another passenger information that the staff was not aware of... We enjoyed it but like this poster, I'll sail the Oasis or Freedom class before sailing this again, even though it is far more convienent to MD. We are sailing the Navigator in April for a transatlantic and I'm hoping it will be awesome, but as another poster said, I'm not home cooking or cleaning so any way you look at it it's bound to be enjoyable.

Guest maddycat

We've sailed on Anthem twice and have 2 more cruises booked on her, one in May and another in Oct. Needless to say, we're fans of the Quantum class ships.

We cruised on Anthem in December. It was my husband, myself and our four kids ages 15,13,10,8. We've cruises extensively with RC but that was our first time on the Anthem. Overall I would agree with most of this review. My biggest complaint was that we really wanted to do the Escape room but unless you were there immediately after boarding it was sold out the entire cruise. Most of the times it was not staffed, so it seems to me that they could eliminate that problem by having it staffed more often. Like the above poster, we tried to book it within an hour of being allowed on board and it was already sold out. I called multiple times to see if anyone cancelled and still could not get in to do it. We were able to do the Ifly but we got lucky. They closed it down right after us and I was told by the staff that happens VERY frequently on the last day and that they almost always have to cancel that day. That seems a bit of a bait and switch to me, if it happens that frequently they shouldn't book people for that day, in my opinion, especially since you are only allowed one Ifly per cruise. (though if you go to the wait line, if someone doesn't show up they will let you take there spot) So if you want to do that, I would not book for the last day. My kids enjoyed the bumper cars, the roller skating, the circus/trapeze activities and we did have to wait in line but overall that was ok. Just try to get there early. Kids club was terribly understaffed. My kids really wanted to go to the PJ party. Put on their Pj's and I walked them up there only to have the staff say that since they only had 3 staff members they could only accommodate 40 kids. when I asked how many kids were on the sailing I was told 700. So there are 700 kids aboard and you can only accommodate roughly 5 percent. They only had one kids room open even though they have three rooms available because they didn't have staff to open the other rooms??WT*?? My kids didn't want to go back again after being turned away when they were so excited to go, so we never used it again. Some of the staff was great, ( our servers for instance) and some seemed both rude and unkowledgeable about thier own ship. There were at least two times when at guest services, that I was able to give another passenger information that the staff was not aware of... We enjoyed it but like this poster, I'll sail the Oasis or Freedom class before sailing this again, even though it is far more convienent to MD. We are sailing the Navigator in April for a transatlantic and I'm hoping it will be awesome, but as another poster said, I'm not home cooking or cleaning so any way you look at it it's bound to be enjoyable.

Sorry Guys ?

What is Escape room ?

A previous reviewer had room 6660 and said it was extremely noisy, did your mother experience any of this? We have this room booked for our cruise. Thanks.

This cruise fell short of my expectations in many areas. We have only ever had wonderful experiences with RC, have been on the Majesty, Voyager, Oasis, & Allure as well as Crown Princess. We plan to sail the Harmony this fall and have already booked. But I am worried about some of the quality issues that we found on the Anthem and whether they will be seen on the Harmony as well.

I'm going to qualify this review with the fact that we traveled with a large group

Sorry Guys ?

What is Escape room ?

It's a puzzle room. You get "locked" in with a small group and need to figure out the clues to get the key to escape. Each room has a theme so really no two are the same. The one on Anthem is called "Back to the Future".

We were able to book the escape room via the cruise planner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No licensed Starbucks venue on Anthem. So you should be able to use your Refreshment (new name for Replenish) package anywhere on the ship, even if they are using Starbucks coffee beans.

There is a Starbucks on anthem. Next to the pastry shop.

There is a Starbucks on anthem. Next to the pastry shop.

Unless it changed since I was on the Anthem last year it is not a stand alone kiosk. It is part of the Patisserie and the specialty coffee are part of the deluxe drink package.