Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

I am on the May cruise from Miami to LA. When I do the online check-in they offer Specialty dining packages from 2 to 15 days.

Will these work in all the special restaurants? The note with most restaurants say "

Items on menu are individually priced. An 20% gratuity and specialty service charge will be charged at time of payment."

How does this work when you have prepaid and the menu is individually priced?

I am on the May cruise from Miami to LA. When I do the online check-in they offer Specialty dining packages from 2 to 15 days.

Will these work in all the special restaurants? The note with most restaurants say "

Items on menu are individually priced. An 20% gratuity and specialty service charge will be charged at time of payment."

I saw you mention you're on the May Bliss cruise from Miami to LA. I can't recall if I've seen your username on the forum or not because we have so many members now, but if you're not, check out http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2442447

The dining. This was one of those online glitches I wondered if they had worked out yet as I hadn't checked anymore. It was also confusing when you spoke to a rep by phone because some told you one thing, and others told you something different. When we hit the 90-day window and I tried booking dinner reservations by phone (because you couldn't do it online), they wanted me to prepay $30 per person to Cagney's although Cagney's is a la carte with no flat rate. Why would you need to prepay? The only place I had "prepaid" in the past was the upcharge at Bayamos. Everywhere else I got charged when I dined if I didn't have the package. When a friend on the same cruise called, they had no issues setting up all of our dinner reservations; weren't even asked who all had dining packages. It was very odd. And right now, I haven't read for certain that the newer specialty locations like Q's and Los Lobos are included under the package or not. I'd think they would be, but that's speculation on my part.

One specialty which shouldn't be under the dining package is Food Republic, as it wasn't when I sailed on the Escape. I don't believe Margaritaville is either. (And NCL was experimenting with a flat charge at Margaritaville on 1 or 2 ships as opposed to a la carte, and I haven't heard what they've decided on for the Bliss).

So I don't know if that helped any or muddied the waters even more. It often feels like a "work in progress".

Hi CoronaCRZR: I am on this same cruise. I have the SDP for 4 dinners (I prepaid the gratuity as part of my cruise fee so that is taken care of). When I called NCL at the 90 day mark, I was able to book all of my dining for 2 people (even though I am a solo) with no charges. If I had booked Ocean Blue, there would have been an upcharge of, I think, $18 per person.

I did this same procedure last year on my Baltic cruise, when booking for 2-8 people per reservation. As long as the person making the reservation has the SDP, you should be able to book it without fees. Everything else will be handled at dinner when you give them your cruise card (those that don't have the SDP will get a charge to their card, those with it will not).

Hope this helps. And yes, please join our roll call...we have a lot of fun things planned.

So to clear this up.

When you have the specialty dining package, you can eat at most specialty restaurants even the ones with a la carte pricing,

but will not be charged any a la carte items ?

Yes.

But if cost is a concern that you would lose sleep over,

just go to the buffet.

No worries !

Edited by $hip$hape

Yes.

But if cost is a concern that you would lose sleep over,

just go to the buffet.

No worries !

No, cost is not the problem. I just wanted to know if the package covered all costs when they have a la carte pricing. No sleep lost here :)

No, cost is not the problem.

I just wanted to know if the package covered all costs when they have a la carte pricing.

No sleep lost here :)

NCL will cover the basic meal.

I was just trying to add some humor.

If you add some extra added "yella stuff" at a Specialty Restaurant,

you may be charged.:p

No, cost is not the problem. I just wanted to know if the package covered all costs when they have a la carte pricing. No sleep lost here :)

It covers all costs at participating a la carte restaurants. Food republic does not participate on the Escape and will probably not participate on the Bliss.

Hey... where you going?!?

Sorry; this is too much of what I retired from in logistics at G.E.

:cool:My boss used to say, "don't tell me what is going right...

tell me what's going wrong, and how you are going to fix it."

I loved my job.

Edited by $hip$hape

Did Los Lobos get scrapped? On NCL's website under dining for Bliss, when you click the icon it says that the page is permanently on Vacation.

Just the Ncl site being broken, It replaced Moderno

Many have already booked for it, and Do not pass up the custom made Guac, even at $5.99 ala carte its great, 26814624_10213970722216536_446102116946656581_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeEIV9m4jNVnis1NNUl5Y5obuV_6V6SztPKOfYW4pyo4aTWRF2Y0UoZzXKh29HmwrxtGyMEEqq5xxzzDgV_h8wjooJopzZ1AX2vft6jAzAZxRA&oh=f9ac66ede26b833068ab3c347eea52b2&oe=5B33F265

Just the Ncl site being broken, It replaced Moderno

Many have already booked for it, and Do not pass up the custom made Guac, even at $5.99 ala carte its great...

Looks very tasty - other than that TOXIC LEAFY MATTER scattered about. I'm sure that they'd be able to skip that for those of us with more finely tuned palates! :D

Tom

Spoke to someone at NCL - definitely no basketball court ( full or half). As someone who travels with a teen, it seems odd to me that they have taken away a place where teens can exercise. They can’t use the gym, there really isn’t a running track and now no sports court.

We will still give it a shot but seems odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Spoke to someone at NCL - definitely no basketball court ( full or half). As someone who travels with a teen, it seems odd to me that they have taken away a place where teens can exercise. They can’t use the gym, there really isn’t a running track and now no sports court.

We will still give it a shot but seems odd.

Perhaps during off hours, the Go-Kart track could be a running track. :D

All kidding aside, I suppose they just want to use the space they have to benefit the most (hence, benefit them).

Tom

Perhaps during off hours, the Go-Kart track could be a running track. :D

All kidding aside, I suppose they just want to use the space they have to benefit the most (hence, benefit them).

Tom

Lol - I get the benefit most aspect - perhaps set aside a couple of hours a day in the gym where younger teens can go in with parental supervision .

My son is really into keeping in shape - not a ton of options for exercise for him. He is also good at finding stuff to do - so I am not too worried