Celebrity Summit Cancels April 8, April 15 only 4 days.

mamaday

we also booked 4 cabins a long time ago. It's a special family celebration. So we had to incur over $2000 in higher cruise fares to book another cruise. We could only cruise this particular week when the kids are on Spring break. Airfare cost us $1700 more as well. Also I have spent numerous hours making all the changes. Big pain.

We also had to shell out more money ( $760 ) to take another cruise. Celebrity should COMPENSATE every one for the following.

# 1 For Emotional distress

# 2 For breaking every ones plans

# 3 For not letting you use the 25% certificate on Royal cruise lines .( same company ) For a cruise on april 8 , 2017, ( same day as the summit cancellation)

# 4 For it taking so long to refund your money and e-mail you the certificate.

# 5 ECT, ECT , ECT...............................

Another pissed off Passenger.

We are in the same boat, literally. My husband has only this one week that he can take off from work. Unfortunately not everyone has the ability to change plans to a different week. We also have incurred well over $1,000 in additional fees, etc that were NOT covered by travel insurance. Sadly, we couldn't ever get on another ship. We are going to an all inclusive instead. I am sue we will make the best of it but we are so disappointed with Celebrity :(

This scenario was not an option for us for personnal reasons . That's why this vacation was booked long time ago.

I am tired of seeing people not affected by this cruise cancellation posting comments that is no big deal. As the previous two posters stated is is a very big financial and emotional deal for those whose cruise was cancelled or shortened. In my case we had reserved three cabins for a family cruise with my two adult children and their spouses. We live on the west coast so airfare was a major expense and we had arranged to fly one airline to San Juan and a different airline home. In addition both my children and their spouses had arranged their vacations around this cruise. We were on the April 15th cruise that was shortened to 4 days but coming from the west coast for a four day cruise and trying to arranged accommodations for the other three days in San Juan was not feasible. Currently, other than one phone call from Celebrity telling me our cruise was shortened, I have had to initiate all other communication. In my communications with Celebrity I have received a plethora of different information. As of now I have been told I will receive the cruise fare I paid for all three cabins returned to my credit card within two weeks. In addition, I will receive $200 per person in air fare change fees. This has been told to me but I have no written confirmation or even an e-mail apologizing and spelling out the steps needed to be reimbursed for my loss. Because we booked different airlines each way this will not nearly cover my out of pocket expenses.

I am extremely disappointed In Celebrity's response to these issues. In addition they are giving people on the cancelled cruise 25% credit toward a future cruise but those of us on the shortened cruise have been offered nothing.

Myself and my family have over 75 cruises with the RCCL brand including Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Azamara but obviously with this company loyalty only goes one way.

I am tired of seeing people not affected by this cruise cancellation posting comments that is no big deal. As the previous two posters stated is is a very big financial and emotional deal for those whose cruise was cancelled or shortened. In my case we had reserved three cabins for a family cruise with my two adult children and their spouses. We live on the west coast so airfare was a major expense and we had arranged to fly one airline to San Juan and a different airline home. In addition both my children and their spouses had arranged their vacations around this cruise. We were on the April 15th cruise that was shortened to 4 days but coming from the west coast for a four day cruise and trying to arranged accommodations for the other three days in San Juan was not feasible. Currently, other than one phone call from Celebrity telling me our cruise was shortened, I have had to initiate all other communication. In my communications with Celebrity I have received a plethora of different information. As of now I have been told I will receive the cruise fare I paid for all three cabins returned to my credit card within two weeks. In addition, I will receive $200 per person in air fare change fees. This has been told to me but I have no written confirmation or even an e-mail apologizing and spelling out the steps needed to be reimbursed for my loss. Because we booked different airlines each way this will not nearly cover my out of pocket expenses.

I am extremely disappointed In Celebrity's response to these issues. In addition they are giving people on the cancelled cruise 25% credit toward a future cruise but those of us on the shortened cruise have been offered nothing.

Myself and my family have over 75 cruises with the RCCL brand including Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Azamara but obviously with this company loyalty only goes one way.

Thank you for the text

And after sending an email to the link provided on this thread , I received a phone call for someone from X. They left a message telling me to call back.

For those of you , who think you could use the 25% discount certificate on another sister ship belonging to the same company guess what , YOU CAN NOT. They have all the basis covered and we are the only ones who strike out.

Pissed of passenger

Hopefully this is a data error but according to Cruise Timetables it looks like Celebrity may have cancelled the April 1 sailing of the Summit too. I wonder if they are notifying those people who have been rejoicing at the misery of April 8 and April 15 cruisers...

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruisesoncelebritysummit-01apr2017.html

But these are choices you are making to have a vacation at the same time. You could have chosen to change your airline ticket to next Spring and taken the same cruise just a year later.

If you booked with an airline, the use of the value of the ticket will have expired before next spring, assuming it is even changeable.

Also...if you want to buy the "Short Southern Caribbean Cruise" which is the remnants of the April 15 sailing you can get a bargain here: April 18

Thought about adding this to my 4/22 cruise (B2B) but the booking system says there are no cabins available! Hard to believe with many people cancelling this cruise.

Thought about adding this to my 4/22 cruise (B2B) but the booking system says there are no cabins available! Hard to believe with many people cancelling this cruise.

I've considered the same thing. I think you have to call. I may call just to see, but with also having to change the flight, it may not be worth the effort.

I've considered the same thing. I think you have to call. I may call just to see, but with also having to change the flight, it may not be worth the effort.

I did call Captains Club & was advised that they are not selling anymore cabins for the shortened cruise. So the people already on this cruise should get outstanding service.

I did call Captains Club & was advised that they are not selling anymore cabins for the shortened cruise. So the people already on this cruise should get outstanding service.

If the cruise even happens. They've already tried to quick patch a fix once on the fly and did not manage to get things fixed well enough that they are pulling the ship out of service at probably the absolute worst time they could...Easter/Spring Break weeks. When I heard my cruise was being shortened to 4 days...my first reaction was pissed (we spent way to much money on air, hotel, airport parking, etc. to only do a 4 day and we were already in San Juan 3 days before the cruise so another 3 days there was not that appealing either), second reaction was that will be a pretty sweet 4 day cruise (3 ports of call, a little extra spending money in my pocket, etc.), my last reaction was no way in hell am I continuing down a road hoping they actually repair the engine issue on schedule and not run over leaving me with no cruise vacation or something even shorter then 4 days.

For those having issues with flipping to a Royal Caribbean ship....here's my experience. When I found out our cruise was shortened, I immediately found Adventure of the Seas on the same dates with a few cabins that would work. I called the travel agent and had her put the cabins we need on hold. She called Celebrity and got them to agree to transfer my full payments there to the new held rooms and cancelled the Celebrity cabins. We then paid the difference of 590ish dollars. The travel agencies OBC increased by $150 total (they have a progressive chart of the more you spend the higher the OBC and we crossed a threshold). Monday, I called Royal and explained I was not happy having to pay more as a result of one of their (parent Co.) ships having mechanical issues. First call ended in frustration...initial rep said call Celebrity and his supervisor ended with we won't discuss any compensation options with you and only your travel agent you booked with. I told that guy what the hell does my travel agent have to do with you giving me a drink package, or a shore excursion, or a couple coupons for a specialty restaurant to at least acknowledge the cruise line's issue put me in a bad position of choosing a vacation experience less then I wanted/agreed to or paying more to get something comparable with them. Unfortunately the travel agency supervisor that had helped me was out on Monday and fortunately I decide to call Crown and Anchor. A supervisor there ended up giving me a $200 OBC per cabin which put me within $40 after the travel agency increased OBC of where I was at on Celebrity. Crown and Anchor was a 20 minute conversation to reach an amicable and fair solution while the regular customer service was a 50 minute complete waste of time other then getting me pissed.

I was booked for the April 8th cruise also. I know things happen. HOWEVER, they knew they were having engine troubles for how long now, almost two months. Then they decide just to give a two weeks notice to pull it out of service after the fact that they knew for awhile. Also is April 8th when they switch out the captains? If it is, Do you think that celebrity decided to switch out at that time so it is in between captains so it will be easier for their schedule?

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to make sure everybody has Celebrity CEO's email address:

LIsa Lutoff- Perlo

lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com

I emailed her this morning and expressed my outrage over the 25 percent. She had a representative call me back a few hours later. At least somebody from Celebrity finally spoke to me! Nothing changed however. I urged everyone affected by this to email her.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to make sure everybody has Celebrity CEO's email address:

LIsa Lutoff- Perlo

lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com

I emailed her this morning and expressed my outrage over the 25 percent. She had a representative call me back a few hours later. At least somebody from Celebrity finally spoke to me! Nothing changed however. I urged everyone affected by this to email her.

Same for me . A woman called back but they can't do more .

So if you're affected by the Summit mayhem email them at least.

If they stopped selling cabins I would be concerned that this cruise may not happen. This is what happened to us earlier this year when they canceled a cruise which ended being chartered. In that case they gave us a cabin on another cruise at the same rate as we originally booked and $200 OBC. This time we booked a 7 day to Bermuda in place of the canceled April 8 cruise at a higher rate for the same cabin class. Our TA called to see if they would honor our orginal rate but they would not. We ended up with a cruise which is going to cost us much more even with the 25% credit and not our ideal itinerary. I realize no one is forcing us to take this but we planned on a cruise in the spring and at this late date, this is the best we could do.

Sue

If they stopped selling cabins I would be concerned that this cruise may not happen. This is what happened to us earlier this year when they canceled a cruise which ended being chartered. In that case they gave us a cabin on another cruise at the same rate as we originally booked and $200 OBC. This time we booked a 7 day to Bermuda in place of the canceled April 8 cruise at a higher rate for the same cabin class. Our TA called to see if they would honor our orginal rate but they would not. We ended up with a cruise which is going to cost us much more even with the 25% credit and not our ideal itinerary. I realize no one is forcing us to take this but we planned on a cruise in the spring and at this late date, this is the best we could do.

Sue

Thank you Sue! This is the kind of information we all need. I appreciate hearing what Celebrity has done in the past for their customers when cancelling a cruise. Actually, I would be thrilled to rebook another cruise in the next year using the rate I already paid for this one NOT a 25% :mad: discount based on what I paid. The $200 OBC would be icing on the cake. Right now I am seething that they still have the use of all of our money from the April 8th cruise--all cruise fares were paid in full. I have about $5K in cruise fares on one credit card at this moment in time--I can't imagine what it is like for others with multiple cabins and airfares.

Terri

Hopefully this is a data error but according to Cruise Timetables it looks like Celebrity may have cancelled the April 1 sailing of the Summit too. I wonder if they are notifying those people who have been rejoicing at the misery of April 8 and April 15 cruisers...

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruisesoncelebritysummit-01apr2017.html

Not quite sure what you are getting at. I'm on the April 1st cruise and when I click the link it comes up with our cruise?

I have to agree with you on this one. I'm not even on the April 8th cruise (I'm on April 1srt) and I was a lil stressed out about these cancellations. If it was a cruise from Florida, maybe not so bad but but it takes a lot more planning and money to go to PR especially from the west coast of the US. So I do feel for you guys just knowing what it took to get my trip booked for 11 people. I know stuff happens, but I agree Celebrity should be offering a lil more, I think at least 50% off. I would too be pissed if I did all this work over the last 2 years and only got 25% off a different cruise.