Celebrity Summit Cancels April 8, April 15 only 4 days.

mamaday

The Summit mayhem pushed us to find another sail on the 8th or 9th. Finally found one leaving from miami instead since San juan was no more an option. I've been working late on that case. The worst part is our flight hub airplane tickets. No refund possible just able to have a credit to another flight Mtl to SJ with the same airline comp. It was tough to be able to change the arrival from Sj to Miami. At first they were not ok with that but finally I got it.

Now I know that xcruise will refund the cruise fare on the summit booked with the TA . I need to call them for all the add on and excursions already paid and the how will work the future credit of 25 or 30 % for a future cruise and what is the deal with the 200$ pp for arrangement for modifying airplane planning.

How long they will be active and how to redeem thoses perks

I did not wish all of this for my 20th wedding celebration holiday

The drydock for the repair is probably scheduled in the Bahamas. That's where they scheduled a drydock for the Millennium when it got stuck in Ketchikan a couple of years ago with the same problem. If I remember correctly, the replacement pod came from somewhere in Europe - over the Atlantic - and met the ship in the Bahamas.

The incident you mention got our Pacific Coastal Cruise cancelled at a very late date before sailing. Everyone involved scrambled to find replacement cruises, but we took the compensation and booked a transatlantic cruise later that year. Very frustrating... and we did not get to make our 'replacement' Pacific Coastal Cruise until last May.

Best of luck to all involved!

Been awhile since this happened, years ago it seems like one of the M class ships was out of service every month. Curious if it's the same problem.

I thought they sued the makers of the PODs and won and then fixed all the M Class ships. I think this is a different problem. Either that or the fix did not take.

If you paid for your air with a credit card check to see if your card provides travel insurance as a benefit. Ours does and I didn't realize that until someone on CC mentioned their credit card perks included travel insurance. I checked and sure enough our does.

I have purchased travel insurance and paid with a card that has travel insurance. Neither covers the Summit situation. The policies only cover carriers cancelation if due to a natural disaster or weather. The plane is still flying so air fare is not covered (if air was purchased through Celebrity or travel agent with cruise may be different)

What kind of compensation are they giving to guests who have the 7 day cruise which is now reduced to 4 days.

I had a lady I met at the LA Travel show call me yesterday to see if I could help her find a replacement for this cruise that she booked direct with Celebrity at the show. She was willing to consider almost anything as long as it was with a good cruise line and nearly the same price. She is a solo traveler and got the exciting deals price with the 150% single supplement, so her total for a Concierge Class was under $1500. Even out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami things were either sold out or twice the price.

Anyway she resigned herself to extending her hotel stay in San Juan and just doing the 4 day cruise. I told her to just make sure that they were adequately compensating her for her extra expenses and the loss of cruise days.

I have purchased travel insurance and paid with a card that has travel insurance. Neither covers the Summit situation. The policies only cover carriers cancelation if due to a natural disaster or weather. The plane is still flying so air fare is not covered (if air was purchased through Celebrity or travel agent with cruise may be different)

We ran into the same problem with a land tour that was cancelled by the tour company. That specific reason was not covered by either our travel insurance nor our credit card insurance.

Our experience has been that if you don't use the travel insurance due to a cancellation of this type, and you notify them before the insurance was due to start, the travel insurance company will transfer the policy to a different date. So that cost can be recouped at least. We've been able to do that twice.

The Summit mayhem pushed us to find another sail on the 8th or 9th. Finally found one leaving from miami instead since San juan was no more an option. I've been working late on that case. The worst part is our flight hub airplane tickets. No refund possible just able to have a credit to another flight Mtl to SJ with the same airline comp. It was tough to be able to change the arrival from Sj to Miami. At first they were not ok with that but finally I got it.

Now I know that xcruise will refund the cruise fare on the summit booked with the TA . I need to call them for all the add on and excursions already paid and the how will work the future credit of 25 or 30 % for a future cruise and what is the deal with the 200$ pp for arrangement for modifying airplane planning.

How long they will be active and how to redeem thoses perks

I did not wish all of this for my 20th wedding celebration holiday

See post #15. I tried to explain the $200 air credit to you yesterday. ;)

I have a friend on this first cruise from San Juan this weekend. Has it been canceled?

s

The March 27th cruise has been shortened to 4 days (leaving on the 28th). Not sure if this is what you mean by this weekend. I was suppose to be on that cruise, but we cancelled before final payment. Glad we did!

I called xcruise today and they offer 25%

for a future cruise good for one year.

And for the 200$ and my situation having flight with flyhub. Having already replace my cruise and flights they asked to send all the documents of the new flights and the cancelation they credit 200$ pp on our credit card.

Getting better and more relax .[emoji41]

All of this rushed everyone like us that was unable to push back our vacation time .

You will love the Escape! Sometimes its nice to sail another line and experience some new things. What I liked about NCL was they have a MDR open for lunch on embarkation day. They actually have three MDRs. One large one with a dance floor and live music and two smaller ones that have the flavor of a specialty restaurant. If you are a party of two NCL seats you at a table for four and removes the extra set ups. No table two inches away like on X. There are coffee machines in the cabins. There are phone charger outlets on the bedside lamps. The specialty restaurants cover prices are lower than X. The District Brewhouse is a great draft/craft beer place. Lastly, The Waterfront area is a great concept for those of us who want to sit in the shade and look at the sea....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You will love the Escape! Sometimes its nice to sail another line and experience some new things. What I liked about NCL was they have a MDR open for lunch on embarkation day. They actually have three MDRs. One large one with a dance floor and live music and two smaller ones that have the flavor of a specialty restaurant. If you are a party of two NCL seats you at a table for four and removes the extra set ups. No table two inches away like on X. There are coffee machines in the cabins. There are phone charger outlets on the bedside lamps. The specialty restaurants cover prices are lower than X. The District Brewhouse is a great draft/craft beer place. Lastly, The Waterfront area is a great concept for those of us who want to sit in the shade and look at the sea....

So great news [emoji106] [emoji41]

Wish everybody luck. I can't say im in any hurry to book on celebrity again.

FYI email your flight receipts for change to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

Super happy you found a replacement and so sorry about the entire situation! But it could happen to any cruise line so I am not sure avoiding X is the right answer. Remember Carnival a few years ago? I think it would have been even worse to be ON a ship that lost power than have a vacation canceled ahead of time.

Don't misunderstand - I feel great compassion for all of the folks that were booked on this cruise. I would be crying my eyes out!

And its been an eye opener that travel insurance doesn't cover you in this circumstance! Does anyone know if there are any policies that do? When a cruise line cancels a cruise for whatever reason past final payment?

And its been an eye opener that travel insurance doesn't cover you in this circumstance! Does anyone know if there are any policies that do? When a cruise line cancels a cruise for whatever reason past final payment?

I am reading my policy right now and here is what it says:

"If your travel supplier cancels your trip, a benefit will be paid for the reissue fee charged by the airline for the tickets. You just have covered the entire cost of Your Trip including airfare cost."

It also talks about an itinerary change but says something about the change occurring after the scheduled departure date.

So from what I read in my policy - I would expect I was covered for the canceled cruise, but not sure about the change from a 7 night to a 4 night cruise.

My policy is issued via USAA with Travel Insured.

I'm honestly surprised they're offering so little considering it's mechanical and kind of all on them. Especially when people will likely be strapped to find something comparable so last minute that won't break the bank. I feel like X should be helping these people onto other ships for similar times, not these people's fault they're having to book so last minute and all that's left is $$.

Have you checked the schedule for Royal Caribbean? They usually sail a ship out of PR. You might be able to switch to the RC ship on the same weeks, or for week 1, then a couple of days in a hotel, followed by the 4 night Summit cruise.

It is Spring Break week for many cities so the ships are very full. I was booked on the Summit and switched to RCL and got the last 4 cabins for my group of 11!

I am on the 15th cruise and here is what they are doing:

1. 3 nights of cruise fare will be processed as a direct refund to our cc once we board the ship

2. 1 night of cruise fare will be processed as a REFUNDABLE OBC as soon as we board the ship

3. We have up to $200 pp for airfare/hotel costs for the extra 3 nights in San Juan

Would I rather have my 7 days - of Course! But we went to plan B. I rented a condo in Isla Verde on the beach for the 14th-18th and will enjoy ourselves. We will take the bus (.75) one day into OSJ and go to the forts, shopping, etc. We will rent a car for 1 day and take our friends to the rain forest.

So for us, we will make the best of it. Not what I wanted but we have cruised 95 times and this is the very first time anything like this has happened to us. So plan B is not bad - 4 nights on the beach in Isla Verde and then a 4 night cruise. Could be worse - I could be home working!!!!

Thank you for your posts. I agree celebrity should be doing so much more to help us. I booked through a travel again and they did nothing to help except forward the email that celebrity sent them I called celebrity and they REFUSED TO SPEAK TO ME because I booked through a TA. I am still scrambling to find an alternative trip for that week which was an anniversary cruise to celebrate our 25th. Unfortunately it is the only week my husband can travel this year so I am really in a pickle. More than anything I am so DISAPPOINTED IN CELEBRITY! I have cruised extensively and have been on cruises that had fires, hurricanes, missed every port and another ship that was dead in the water in the med.a few years back. I get it...bad things happen...but celebrity should have been much more helpful not to mention generous to those affected

I'm honestly surprised they're offering so little considering it's mechanical and kind of all on them. Especially when people will likely be strapped to find something comparable so last minute that won't break the bank. I feel like X should be helping these people onto other ships for similar times, not these people's fault they're having to book so last minute and all that's left is $$.

Thank you for your posts. I agree celebrity should be doing so much more to help us. I booked through a travel again and they did nothing to help except forward the email that celebrity sent them I called celebrity and they REFUSED TO SPEAK TO ME because I booked through a TA. I am still scrambling to find an alternative trip for that week which was an anniversary cruise to celebrate our 25th. Unfortunately it is the only week my husband can travel this year so I am really in a pickle. More than anything I am so DISAPPOINTED IN CELEBRITY! I have cruised extensively and have been on cruises that had fires, hurricanes, missed every port and another ship that was dead in the water in the med.a few years back. I get it...bad things happen...but celebrity should have been much more helpful not to mention generous to those affected

Have you called corporate? I can understand your frustration, but corporate needs to know...,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums