Celebrity Summit Cancels April 8, April 15 only 4 days.

mamaday

The Summit arrived in Freeport, Bahamas at about noon. She was moving 18.2 knots to 18.6 knots when I was looking. Her full capacity is 24 knots.

We just received a text telling us the Summit will not be at the pier until noon on the 18th and that boarding is now between 3-7 pm. That is cutting it close. That is tight getting everyone on board and what are all of the passengers that have early arrivals going to do while waiting?

The PR sun can be brutal :(

We will be on our first Celebrity cruise in May and have been following this issue. Based on this, I believe that it will also be our last Celebrity cruise. It may possibly be our last mass market cruise, as we see have seen such a drastic decline in customer service on and off all the ships after almost 30 cruises on seven different lines.

We will be on our first Celebrity cruise in May and have been following this issue. Based on this, I believe that it will also be our last Celebrity cruise. It may possibly be our last mass market cruise, as we see have seen such a drastic decline in customer service on and off all the ships after almost 30 cruises on seven different lines.

This is the 3rd time on the Summit in 2 years and I am starting to feel the same way. My travel agents have been great but Celebrity handled it poorly.

We were b2b 8th and 15th April and flying from uk. Good news is that I'm writing this on my balcony on equinox which we managed to switch to (last cabin). We have had full cruise refunds for both sailings and all of our go4best benefits have been transferred to this ship. So far we have also had the airline fee offer doubled to $800. Bad news is that my airline change and new flight fees are nearer $1600 and lost hotel in San Juan was a further $200+. As we don't fly home until 22nd April we have 8 days in the US to kill. So far $600 for 3 days in Orlando plus significant living expenses, then 5 more days of the same somewhere else, NYC probably as that's were we fly home from. God knows how much that will cost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This actually seems equitable to me.

- Joel

Hi! I am brand new to this board. My husband and I are also on the cruise on the 18th. I received an email that stated that the first 3 days of cruise fare would be compensated (and it has already been credited to my account) but it also stated that "also provide you with one full day of your cruise fare paid for this sailing. One full day of our sailing for this cruise (aqua class is 499.71. every time that I speak to someone about this they have the same answer. The on board credit for the full day is 400.00 for veranda. I know that is only 99.71 but I have spent hours upon hours on the phone changing plans,etc. The email didn't state that veranda staterooms get 400.00, it stated that you would get one full day of cruise fare paid. I also submitted my email for hotel charges for change of stay for the 200.00 per person incidental charges. They are unable to verify that the on board credit has been applied to our account and were instructed today that we would have to wait until we boarded the ship (now at 3:oo pm) and get a copy of our expense report to verify that the credits have been applied. I wanted to "nip it in the bud" today and receive confirmation so that I didn't have to start the beginning of my vacation having to verify expense accounts. has anyone been told anything different? Thank you!

By the way, it is April 10th and I am still waiting for my refund for the cancelled 4/8 cruise. I was originally told to expect it by the end of last week.....I am guessing there is something in the contract which allows Celebrity to take its time before issuing refunds (sarcasm).

Can anyone provide an accurate update on Summit's issue? What exactly is the problem (propulsion, power generation, or something else)? What is the status of the repairs? Are they on schedule to be ready for the next cruise?

It arrived in Freeport, Grand Bahama yesterday at about noon. Everything I have read is that it is a propulsion problem. BUT when she was sailing up to the Bahamas she was going 18.2 and 18.6 knot out of her full 24 knots so I do not know if that is accurate.

I am not sure if I posted it here but I received a text from Celebrity yesterday stating she would not be at the pier until noon on the 18th and boarding would be between 3-7 pm :(

If there is one hiccup we could be out of a cruise altogether :( :(

I'll be tracking her on my iPad while in OSJ so I will keep everyone apprised as to her whereabouts daily once she leaves Freeport.

Edited by Playa Cofi
addition

Capt. Kate's Instagram post reports the port side Azipod will be replaced.

I was told when I booked this that Capt Kate would be on this cruise but another board said there was just a shift change. Does she say on her Instagram? I am not on it.

Can everyone please keep posting here if you get any additional compensation? I spoke with someone at celebrity today who swears that 'no exceptions are being made' but clearly they are. I am so upset about the lack of compensation. I'm out $1000 per person for alternate arrangements and that's taking into account what celebrity is supposed to be refunded (if that ever happens).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I asked so where about Captain Kate and was told she just recently returned to the Summit so she should still be on board.

No expert but if Celebrity is not expecting the Summitt back in PR until Tuesday morning it sounds like she will not be leaving FP before Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did speak with my travel agent yesterday and he did say that we can submit our hotel receipts to GS on board or wait until after the cruise and submit them to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com.

I did not go into it further because I got the impression that this is just evolving and not many facts are really out there yet.

I would not be going out and booking $1,000 a night suites expecting to be reimbursed. He said they can be submitted, that's all. No promises.

I did speak with my travel agent yesterday and he did say that we can submit our hotel receipts to GS on board or wait until after the cruise and submit them to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com.

I did not go into it further because I got the impression that this is just evolving and not many facts are really out there yet.

I would not be going out and booking $1,000 a night suites expecting to be reimbursed. He said they can be submitted, that's all. No promises.

the reimbursement is $200 pp for changes in air and/or hotel. We don't have air changes, and found a condo for the 3 nights for slightly less than $200 pp so we should get reimbursed for the place we are staying in Isla Verde.

Sorry this has happened to you. Here's a tip for your MSC cruise: MSC will match your Celebrity status. I'm Elite+ on Celebrity and that puts me in MSC's top tier. So contact them and join their program. Everyone I know who has sailed in the Yacht Club absolutely loved it. Good luck!

I agree - the Yacht Club on Divina is just fabulous. A separate world - deluxe all the way.

By the way, it is April 10th and I am still waiting for my refund for the cancelled 4/8 cruise. I was originally told to expect it by the end of last week.....I am guessing there is something in the contract which allows Celebrity to take its time before issuing refunds (sarcasm).

Still waiting also ......

We are at the end of our cruise with ncl

Really like the escape and surely will do ncl again.

Tha's sad X let us down big time we were willing to sail with them. But how things turned out with this Summit mayhem, they have lost us $$$$$

As we are driving down to Miami for our NCL Escape replacement cruise....I just received our future cruise certificate with Celebrity which is supposed to be a big apology for trouble caused by the cancellation of the Summit cruise. They really need lessons in how to make a genuine apology! My certificate expires 4/4/2018. Not even good for a whole year folks! 25% of what I paid, NOT off the future cruise. Only good for the passengers named on this cruise. Here's the kicker---EXCLUDES Holiday sailings. I'm a teacher, so wish me luck with that.........:mad:

We are on Escape also and for the next cruise with the kids, we will surely use Ncl again.

We have no issues here and having great time.

I was on the Summit cruise the week of April 1-8. Really very sorry for all who were on the cruises the week of the 8th and 15th, and for all that you are going through changing your plans and trying to get reimbursed. I am in no way trying to minimize that, but this post regards the excellent crew of the Summit. We were told by our waiter that the crew had to work the 10 days of dry dock, serving other crew members, and that they didn't get paid! If true, wow....shame on Celebrity. In addition to apparently not serving their customers, they also don't take care of their employees.

I was on the Summit cruise the week of April 1-8. Really very sorry for all who were on the cruises the week of the 8th and 15th, and for all that you are going through changing your plans and trying to get reimbursed. I am in no way trying to minimize that, but this post regards the excellent crew of the Summit. We were told by our waiter that the crew had to work the 10 days of dry dock, serving other crew members, and that they didn't get paid! If true, wow....shame on Celebrity. In addition to apparently not serving their customers, they also don't take care of their employees.

Hi there

I would take that to mean they would not be getting the portion of their salary that would be gratuities, no guests no tips.

That might well feel like not being paid. The salary as stated in their contract should still be paid unless they were being sent home.