Celebrity Summit Cancels April 8, April 15 only 4 days.

mamaday

Just saw that they had refund our april 8th cruise. It's in 5 diff amount will need to see wixh amount is what and see if the airfare modif 200$ is also there

Envoyé de mon SM-G925W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

I still have yet to receive my refund. I was told that for the airport fees you have to fill out some forms and submit the paperwork showing what was booked and the new booking.

I also was on Norwegian Escape for the April 8th cruised and loved it. They treat us so well it was unbelievable. I am thinking twice about keeping my other cruise with Celebrity and with Royal. I might have to jump ships.

I still have yet to receive my refund. I was told that for the airport fees you have to fill out some forms and submit the paperwork showing what was booked and the new booking.

I also was on Norwegian Escape for the April 8th cruised and loved it. They treat us so well it was unbelievable. I am thinking twice about keeping my other cruise with Celebrity and with Royal. I might have to jump ships.

We loved it also and we will do Ncl for sure next time. For the paperwork I have already send theses their resolution center. I will need to call them tuesday to make clear for all the amounts refunded.

Sad that that u and others still wait for their money back.

My kids will come home later today and I've already put ur magnet on the fridge .

They will love it for sure and thanks again for this nice gift 🤗

For those who sailed on NCL, did they give you the same status of Captain's Club as what you had on Celebrity?

We received a credit on our card about a week ago.

Sue

NCL has no such status match/reciprocity programs with Celebrity.

Back from my replacement cruise............and WHERE IS MY MONEY??? I just read the cancellation letter AGAIN dated March 24th and it states refunds would be processed in 1 to 3 weeks. Three weeks ago was LAST Friday. I am so over this company.

I just cannot imagine how some of you are dealing with refunds on multiple cabins, excursions, airfare changes etc., etc., etc.!!!:mad:

We are also so over this company. We leave tomorrow for NY then London and because we had flights already independently booked, has cost us an extra $2000. We stayed at The San Juan Marriott as we already had this booked for one day before the cruise and 3 days after, and as there are no all-inclusive hotels on the island, we had no choice but to pay for food and drink. We didn't go crazy either, bought breakfast and dinner out locally and had only a few drinks at the hotel on the rainy days. Celebrity has lost good customers, I know before anyone says that this can happen to any cruise line, but it is the acknowledgment that they are willing to help out in any way that would have moved mountains for us. They dismissed us completely. Our friends still haven't received the original email telling them the cruise was cancelled! If we were travelling seperately, they would have showed up at the friggin port! We are definitely jumping ship. Be warned fellow passengers, it can happen again and it will.

It looks like several that used NCL Escape as their alternative cruise after the Summit cancellations really enjoyed their experience on the Escape.

Not quite on subject, but I talked to someone recently who was on the Liberty of the Seas a few months ago and vowed to NEVER set foot on an RCCI owned ship again because of the constant pushing of drink and dining packages, etc. Said it has just become too much. And they're invited on the Liberty again later this year for a reunion!

I've never been on an NCL cruise, so may just have to try it. Ginny or others, how would you rate/compare your replacement cruise on the Escape with any recent experiences on Royal/Celebrity (particularly in the upselling)?

TIA

All the cruise lines up sell. It is not that hard to ignore them if you are not interested.

With that said NCL handles the drink and dinning packages different. While you can buy a stripped down cruise cheap the majority of the passengers purchase their cruise with the 1,2, 3 deal where you can choose between the drink package, 3 speciality dinners, excursions or internet. If you take the free drinks or dining then you have to pay the tips charge which is not cheap. The Escape is a great ship and offers many speciality p,aces to eat and the Waterfront is very cool.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We also had to shell out more money ( $760 ) to take another cruise. Celebrity should COMPENSATE every one for the following.

# 1 For Emotional distress

# 2 For breaking every ones plans

# 3 For not letting you use the 25% certificate on Royal cruise lines .( same company ) For a cruise on april 8 , 2017, ( same day as the summit cancellation)

# 4 For it taking so long to refund your money and e-mail you the certificate.

# 5 ECT, ECT , ECT...............................

Another pissed off Passenger.

My husband and I were cancelled for theApril 8th summitt and scrambled to find something else for our vacation.And I am still pissed! They hadn't even started our refund yet!. And this cruise was paid in full 18 months ago! We got the cancellation notice March 24th! There is NO EXCUSE for this delay! I called Celebrity this morning and got in their face and will pursue legally if my refund is not in my credit card account by the end of this week.They said they will call me when that happens but we will see.I don't really trust them right now.

We just returned from escape. Had a great experience but I think it was because we did the haven giving small ship feel to a large ship. I,m not a fan of crowds and you do have them on this ship! I would go back on ncl but on the haven cabins only.

Celebrity itinerarys look lousy next March and February. Still waiting on refunds also.

So, we were also due to sail on the 8th from Puerto Rico. On hearing about the cancellation (and believing we would get our money back within 3 weeks), booked a holiday in Cape Verde. On arriving back (on Sunday) still no money.

So we contacted the agent, who suggested they could release no money until Celebrity had provided a £ 0.00 invoice - and that Celebrity now say this will take another 2 weeks (taking it to close to 6 weeks).

I tried to contact Celebrity by email today, to see why this takes so long (and why they hadn't done this 3 weeks ago), and I got a mail back to say they would reply to my mail in 7 - 10 days !!!!

So, I tried to ring customer services - after 45 minutes listening to how I could be laid on deck (chance would be a fine thing), and how great they are, I gave up.

Anyone know how I can reliably get hold of Celebrity (or complain) - as my impression of their Customer Service so far is that they don't really care, and I now don't have confidence of when I will get refunded.

We booked our Cape Verde holiday in good faith - but maybe we should have been more cautious.

Unimpressed !

It is our UNhappy one month anniversary since our Summit cruise was cancelled 2 weeks before the sailing. We all received an email telling us refunds would be processed in 1 to 3 weeks. Many of us have had NO refund, NO responses from Celebrity, just stress.:mad: The payment for my more expensive, last minute booking, "replacement' cruise is looming large on my credit card bill. The same credit card I used to pay for my Summit cruise in good faith. What are we supposed to do? You get the run around on the phone, emails go unanswered -- well, the President of Celebrity is busy with her cruise of the Galapagos Islands...........

Can't you file a dispute with credit card co? They sometimes provisionally remove the charges while investigating...

Thank you, that is an idea. I had purchased travel insurance for the cancelled trip, but told the insurance company I would be getting a full refund. They then transferred my insurance to my replacement cruise on NCL. Never in my wildest imagination did I think we would still be talking about this refund a month later!

I thought that historically when they cancel a cruise like this that they gave a full refund and a 100% free cruise. Isn't that what happened in Alaska and whatnot?

When a cruise line has a cruise that fails mid-cruise such as Celebrity did with an Alaska cruise a few years ago, then the norm has been full refund and 100% future cruise credit. However, that is not what happened this time. This was a notification before the cruise that it was canceled or shortened. In those cases the norm is ability to cancel, with refund, some dollars for airline change fee, potential some for hotels in case of shortened cruise, and a percentage of cruise cost as OBC or FCC depending upon line. 25% is not unusual, sometimes 50%.

As exception to the refund plus 100% FCC for a cruise canceled mid-cruise due to mechanical problem was Viking Ocean when one of there first cruises on its way to Bergen, got cut short in Hamburg due to engine problems. It that case it was refund and only 50% FCC with a number of other compensation issues.

Just to keep everybody positive.

Don't lose faith with X they will refund. I received this week the 200 pp but X don't give infos and all the refunds are in separate manner.

At first we received the excursion and dinner upgrade.

Secondly during our cruise on the Escape last week, they gave back the cruise fare and port fee and taxes.

And this week the amount promised for air travel mod.

I know that we're not alone

Don't give up keep pushing and calling the resolution center.

It's obvious that it took so long and cruisers are still waiting their money 😠