Cruising out of Civitavecchia advice please

lovethesun22

I've used Bob's Limo (as have friends that I've recommended them to) and we've all been very pleased. I went from FCO to Rome hotel (not the port). Vehicle was very clean, driver was very professional and courteous.

https://www.romelimousines.com/

I have previously used a Celebrity transfer (purchased onboard during the cruise) to go from the ship to FCO at the end of the cruise as I wasn't in a rush to get to the airport.

Hi,

I used a private company for the transfer from Rome to the Port when we cruised with Celebrity in 2014. The cost of transfer with Celebrity worked out far more as there was 12 of us in our party.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the company we used as the vehicles were clean, on time and the drivers were excellent.

http://www.civitavecchiatorometransfer.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used the Celebrity transfer from FCO and to FCO. The cost was more than using a private service. One minor advantage is that they give you the customs forms on the bus so you can fill them out during the trip. When we arrived, we had to wait for other passengers to arrive to fill the bus. We ended up waiting about an hour. On the departure, we had an early flight so we were one of the first off the ship.

Agree with private transfer. We were in a nice little hotel near the Termini train station. We opted for a private transfer with Rome in Limo vice the train. All I can say is that we really liked the "no hassle" transfer. It was a great way to start a marvelous cruise. It is not cheap but for me (walking disability), it was worth every penny. The drive was on time, provided water, and was very personable. Takes you right to the giant tent at the port where you check in/drop luggage. Whatever, enjoy your cruise.

1). can someone please give me advice on private shuttles from Fiumicino airport to and from the port please.

2). I'm sailing with Celebrity. Do you know if they have a shuttle on day of departure you can purchase on board.

Thank you.

We used Rome Cabs last November's Silhouette Transatlantic from hotel in Fiumicino to a hotel in Civitavecchia the day before the cruise. As far as I'm aware they do private transfers from the airport to the port as well. Very easy and friendly to deal with.

Another vote for Rome Cabs, we have used them several times and their service has always been friendly, reliable, efficient. I don't remember the exact price, but it was less expensive than the ship transfers, even for just 2 people.

We will be using Celebrity transfers in May because we are flying in from Venice the day of our cruise and are using Choice Air. This makes me nervous as I like to get to the port at least a day ahead. We booked the Celebrity transfers to ease my mind. If our flight is late, I feel more confident that we can get to the port. Not everyone's choice. Usually, if we arrive a few days early, I use Movartis. They have been reliable and affordable and elegant. The elegant isn't necessary, but it sure is a treat to have your driver dressed in a suit, in a freshly washed Mercedes van (or similar). It makes me feel like a celebrity.

Beth

There's a shuttle bus that takes you from the port into town and you pickup your tour bus or whatever you will be doing also you can take train into Rome city. We watched tours from citavittacia on youtube.com and found them helpful . The tours of Rome are very fast and we felt disappointed , unless you are doing small toursm . I would recommend Viator Tours

If you go on over to the Europe boards (Italy departures), you will find hundreds of recommendations for private transfers to and from Civitavecchia - it's super busy for all the shuttle services in the Med during the summer season ;)

Have used Rome Cabs a number of times and never been disappointed and would not consider using anyone else when we return in 2018 :

Ditto ...

We did take the train once ... never again ... it was hot, extremely crowded, nowhere to put luggage except in the aisles and on our laps ... very long walk out of the station ... Fortunately we had the Two Lads with us, otherwise would never have made it work ...

Have used Rome Cabs a number of times and never been disappointed and would not consider using anyone else when we return in 2018 :

Ditto and yes you can do this cheaper, but they are so reliable, along with great service!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ditto ...

We did take the train once ... never again ... it was hot, extremely crowded, nowhere to put luggage except in the aisles and on our laps ... very long walk out of the station ... Fortunately we had the Two Lads with us, otherwise would never have made it work ...

If using the train be very careful about thieves. A couple due to sail on our November Silhouette last year had the lady's bag stolen and she lost passport, money etc. From what I remember someone dropped something in front of her and when she courteously bent down to pick it up, a thief stole her bag. I think it was two people working together. The upshot was I don't think she made the cruise due to her passport being stolen. I don't know if she was able to board at a different port or not.

Another vote for Bob's Limo's. We've used them for this service twice and it was flawless. We flew in two days early. They picked us up at FCO and took us to our hote in Rome. On the day of the cruise, they picked us up at the hotel and took us to the port. After the cruise, they picked us up at the port and to our hotel in Rome (we stayed one more night because of our flight time). The following morning, they picked us up at the hotel and took us to FCO. Because we booked four transfers we got a discount. We also used them in a couple of the ports we visited. I would not hesitate to use them again. They also give a discount for seniors. They were worth every cent from the stories we heard of the trains, steps and stairs, dragging luggage along bumpy streets and managing the time.

We used a company called "welcome pickups" to go from airport to hotel in Athens and then from hotel to airport in Rome .. Excellent service both drivers were very pleasant ..answered questions. Some friends were on a different flight in to Athens and also found their driver helpful and pleasant... We will use them again in Rome next year..:D

1). can someone please give me advice on private shuttles from Fiumicino airport to and from the port please.

2). I'm sailing with Celebrity. Do you know if they have a shuttle on day of departure you can purchase on board.

Thank you.

I also used RomeCabs for transfer from a Rome hotel near Termini station to Civitavecchia and was impressed with the driver's professionalism, punctuality and driving skills. I would definitely use RomeCabs again. See their website at www.romecabs.com