Buying the drink package

Anyone know how many days out from your cruise date the drink packages are available for purchase? We are 283 days out and they are not available yet. ( Yeah I know that is a long way out, but I like to get these small details squared away )

Anyone know how many days out from your cruise date the drink packages are available for purchase? We are 283 days out and they are not available yet. ( Yeah I know that is a long way out, but I like to get these small details squared away )

No set time, keep checking the Cruise Planner.

We purchased our kids soda packages 424 days out. Can't remember if they were already available before that but I suspect they were because I remember reading on CC about other sailings were getting a prince increase as the Kids price was now becoming the same price for adults. So I purchased ASAP and got our kids the Kids price and the next week, the Soda PKG pricing had gone up on our sailing.

We bought our (Ultimate) Bev package 229 days out. But I clearly remember they had been available for purchase for some time but I was waiting for a special. I had since cancelled and repurchased a few times after that with better specials.

dp

Watch the planner for deals too. We got 30% off and often see 20% off.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi, I was wondering if you could be a little more specific. I normally don't buy the beverage packages BUT I just booked my 1st transatlantic. IF I am understanding u correctly and they sometimes go on sale, I'd LOVE to take advantage of that. BUT when u say "watch the planner" DO U mean log into my reservation periodically and check?

Hi, I was wondering if you could be a little more specific. I normally don't buy the beverage packages BUT I just booked my 1st transatlantic. IF I am understanding u correctly and they sometimes go on sale, I'd LOVE to take advantage of that. BUT when u say "watch the planner" DO U mean log into my reservation periodically and check?

Yes. In your Cruise Planner, where you can pre-purchase excursions and spa treatments. In the Beverage section, when on sale. you will usually see a banner that indicates on the Deluxe Package image and it will say 20% off, or so. I say usually because some have reported that with certain browsers, or some devices like tablets and such, the banner indicating the sale is not visible, even though they might be seeing the actual sale price. Usually, when a sale starts, it should be mentioned here on CC. But our last cruise, the Deluxe Bev package was 20% off for several months.

If you happen to purchase your package at 20% off, and a month or so later, there is a bigger discount, or a beverage and internet bundle that becomes available, you can always cancel your package and repurchase at the lower price. You'll get the refund a few days later on your Credit Card.

dp

I wouldn't be in a rush to buy them. Wait for the 30% off sale since you have plenty of time until you cruise.

I booked up our cruise last week and got the drink package, with taxes and the gratuity I got the special discount it was something like $396.48 a person. I guess you missed the special, keep looking you still have a month left.

Its been available for a while for our cruise at end of November , I would book it soon at the 20 percent off, if it goes to 30 you can cancel and rebook, I blew it our cruise in a few weeks had 30 but I waited and bought it at 20 percent off

Its been available for a while for our cruise at end of November , I would book it soon at the 20 percent off, if it goes to 30 you can cancel and rebook, I blew it our cruise in a few weeks had 30 but I waited and bought it at 20 percent off

Yes, This. Especially since the way RCI is continually edging prices up, the 20% off now is probably a better price than a 30% discount in 6 months from now.:rolleyes:

dp

• 3 weeks later...
WOW I have seen 20% off but never 30% its too bad they do not notify you of these sales

The last three with RCI, and the next Majesty I got 30% off. It was available for both packages, but I only buy the non-alcoholic one. Now I just need it for the Majesty in Sept and the Indy in Nov.

FYI.. I got emails letting me know the 30% sale was happening. The last one was a 48 hour sale.

If you're lucky, someone on your roll call will post about it, I had gotten a bit lazy about checking for entertainment to open up for my Oasis trip but luckily someone posted about it as soon as it became available.

I bought the internet streaming package at 30% off for $80-something dollars, then bought the deluxe drink package at $55/day.

The new deal is $54/day for the deluxe drink package and the same streaming internet I bought at 30% off.

Just saved about $104.

It pays to keep checking.

I pre-paid for the beverage package about two months before our sail date, now we are two weeks from sailing and they have the packages on sale and also bundles with internet for 20-30% off. I feel like I am being punished for pre-paying.

I pre-paid for the beverage package about two months before our sail date, now we are two weeks from sailing and they have the packages on sale and also bundles with internet for 20-30% off. I feel like I am being punished for pre-paying.

Can't you cancel and re-order?