Cowboy steak or Ribeye?

stefs111

First, I don't know what a cowboy steak is, but which one is best to order at the steakhouse? The one with the most flavor.

Also, can I order a shrimp cocktail and also lobster bisque, as they are both on the appetizer menu? I would not order anything from the salad menu if I did this.

Thanks, I have been to the steakhouse several times but thought I could not do this.

First, I don't know what a cowboy steak is, but which one is best to order at the steakhouse? The one with the most flavor.

Also, can I order a shrimp cocktail and also lobster bisque, as they are both on the appetizer menu? I would not order anything from the salad menu if I did this.

Thanks, I have been to the steakhouse several times but thought I could not do this.

From reading other threads it seems that you can order two apps instead of an app and a salad (but I have not been to a Carnival steakhouse yet myself) but that may vary from ship to ship. I will be chowing down on onion soup and a cowboy steak in 9 days. My two favorite cuts are ribeye and cowboy...but cowboy is definitely my first choice. I doubt that you can go wrong with either though.

I usually go for the non spiced cowboy. When I'm eating a good steak I want the flavor of beef to stand out and not just a heavy hand of seasoning. I've been known to do nothing more than salt and pepper on my home cooked ones for this very reason.

I usually go for the non spiced cowboy. When I'm eating a good steak I want the flavor of beef to stand out and not just a heavy hand of seasoning. I've been known to do nothing more than salt and pepper on my home cooked ones for this very reason.

I agree, a great steak should stand on its own.

But, I recently had a dry-aged prime New York strip with a Gorgonzola crust and nothing else. Outstanding!

I've been known to do nothing more than salt and pepper on my home cooked ones for this very reason.

Thats because you do it right :) A GOOD steak should have no other seasonings than salt and pepper.

The Cowboy Steak - lightly seasoned. The meat closest to the bone is the best!!

I never thought of asking for 2 appetizers and no salad...I will do that next time - lobster bisque and shrimp cocktail!

The Cowboy steak is the BEST!!!!! Not sure about anyone else, but I LOVE the fat near the edges. That grosses some people out, but MAN, that's where the flavor is!!!! lol

We have a reservation on 6/24. Drooling just thinking about it.:'):')

That's a lollipop steak for when you want a steak on the go. How many licks does it take to get to the center?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Forums mobile app

That steak is called a long bone. I'm a waiter at a place called Farraddays in Colorado. Been there 15 years. It's a 28 day dry aged bone in ribeye. It's awesome. We get them from Lombardi Brothers a few times a year. I always prefer a Filet Mignon but that long bone is amazing. I'll be on the Breeze so I'll pass on the steakhouse. Looking for seafood 24/7.

From reading other threads it seems that you can order two apps instead of an app and a salad (but I have not been to a Carnival steakhouse yet myself) but that may vary from ship to ship. I will be chowing down on onion soup and a cowboy steak in 9 days. My two favorite cuts are ribeye and cowboy...but cowboy is definitely my first choice. I doubt that you can go wrong with either though.

You can order as many sides and salads as you like, we have never been told no.

You can order as many sides and salads as you like, we have never been told no.

Good to know. My kids aren't big steak eaters so they can fill up on apps then. Our reservation is for tomorrow night. Looking forward to it. Thanks!

What? There better be some seafood options. Lol.

There will lobster one night if you are on a cruise over 5 nights long and shrimp cocktail every night in the main dining room. The steakhouse has a grilled fish option and a surf and turf option. Other than that, seafood is pretty much non existant.

Seriously, if you are cruising out of FL, get your seafood fix on land before you leave.