What do you see in this photo

caribill

Personally, I despise the new "art" on Princess ships! Wish they would paint over it!

Claudia

Me 2!! I think it's silly, ugly, and detracts from the beauty of the ship.

The all-white ships with just the Sea Witch up by the funnel was classy.

Princess isn't listening. Princess doesn't care what you think. It's their company brand logo on the side of their ships. If you don't like it you have one of two choices:

1) Close your eyes when you walk past it.

2) Pick another cruise line.

And despite what "poll" you throw up on Cruise Critic "some people" will love it, "some people" don't care", and "some people" hate it. "Some people" will continue to beat this dead horse for years to come (rolls eyes).

Yesterday I spent several hours in an art museum that displays giant floor-sized "installation art" trying to wonder who/why/what. I don't live in that museum. Just visit it. Last weekend I was enjoying the amazing Cleveland Museum of Art which runs from traditional to contemporary and everything in between. Some of the art I tried to make sense of. Some I just looked at and walked away. I don't live there. I just visited.

When I cruise Crown Princess in September she'll most likely have that whale, monster, Sea Witch, mustache, art, not art, blasphemy, nightmare, what where they thinking, I like it, I hate it, I'm sailing Celebrity from now on, OMG "thing"painted on the bow of the ship.

I probably won't give it much more thought than what it took me to write this post.

:cool:

While it doesn't bother me at all what's painted on the bow of a ship that i cant see anyway while I'm onboard, I prefer the way they've done it on the Caribbean Princess, with the sea witch's head rounded as per the proper logo, rather than painting the blue right up to the tip of the bow, as they've done on the Royal and Majestic. It will be interesting to see how they do the Regal in a few weeks time...

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I think it's silly, ugly, and detracts from the beauty of the ship.

I don't think the ships are beautiful any more. They're just floating 'cracker boxes' of balcony rooms, having lost all semblance of the aesthetically pleasing visual lines of classic ships.

Princess isn't listening. Princess doesn't care what you think. It's their company brand logo on the side of their ships. If you don't like it you have one of two choices:

And despite what "poll" you throw up on Cruise Critic "some people" will love it, "some people" don't care",

and "some people" hate it. "Some people" will continue to beat this dead horse for years to come (rolls eyes).

Yesterday I spent several hours in an art museum that displays giant floor-sized "installation art" trying to wonder who/why/what. I don't live in that museum. Just visit it. Last weekend I was enjoying the amazing Cleveland Museum of Art which runs from traditional to contemporary and everything in between. Some of the art I tried to make sense of.Some I just looked at and walked away. I don't live there. I just visited.

When I cruise Crown Princess in September she'll most likely have that whale, monster, Sea Witch, mustache, art, not art, blasphemy, nightmare, what where they thinking, I like it, I hate it, I'm sailing Celebrity from now on, OMG "thing"painted on the bow of the ship.

I probably won't give it much more thought than what it took me to write this post.

OK then.

And despite what "poll" you throw up on Cruise Critic "some people" will love it, "some people" don't care", and "some people" hate it. "Some people" will continue to beat this dead horse for years to come (rolls eyes).

Yesterday I spent several hours in an art museum that displays giant floor-sized "installation art" trying to wonder who/why/what. I don't live in that museum. Just visit it. Last weekend I was enjoying the amazing Cleveland Museum of Art which runs from traditional to contemporary and everything in between. Some of the art I tried to make sense of. Some I just looked at and walked away. I don't live there. I just visited.

Well said...

The absolute coolest thing about the new Princess livery is: I will be on the ship so I won't have to see it. Yes, I will see it in port but probably only one side. Unless I am on a tender that has to go around the ship due to heavy weather or something I most likely won't ever have to see the head-on view. I agree with those who liked the ships better without the "art" but it really won't affect my cruising enjoyment in the slightest.

(I do think it is pretty funny how it looks from the front though. :evilsmile:)