Thoughts about the Silhouette

janetz

Just chiming in - terrific cruise, wonderful captain and staff. It was our 2nd time on this ship and we already booked for next year.

For those worried about sailing during this particular time of year (spring break), glad to report no issues and a terrific group of passengers overall. Definitely enjoyed the mix of ages.

There were a few rude passengers here and there, like any sailing, and I truly admire the crew's patience in dealing w/even the most unreasonable people in a calm, professional, polite way.

We keep saying we have to try other lines - or at least another Celebrity ship! But we have such a good time on this one, it's hard to break away. :D We really liked it last year, but we feel they've upped their game even more this time around.

Janet: great meeting you! Did you have fun on the Cayman excursion? :D

Edited by Flafun888

Internet connection is almost impossible if you are in the Celebrity Suites at the Library. It was explained to me by the IT person that the cabins are in a dead spot.

Is this for both decks? Wondering if we would be impacted in C2 1120?

The free movies were Sully, The Accountant, and Queen of Katwe.

Also Jackie and Pete's Dragon (the newer one, not the cartoon) I think there were two or three more.

Movies in Celebrity Theater - usually 2:15 or 3:30 and 10:15 included Moana, LaLa Land, Rogue One, Assasin's Creed, Hidden Figures, Fences -

No Tenors....but a group of young men called Uptown (a tribute to Motown). They had the audience on their feet dancing!

I just got off the boat Sunday as well. Great boat...great week. They had great dancing in the Sky lounge. Motown night..Abba night...and the last was the Silent Disco. Love. them all. The Silent Disco is a hoot. The Beatles show was fun. Four guys did a nice job being the fab four. As few other random notes:

1 Lawn Club was very good

2 If you go on a Dolphin encounter in Grand Cayman...negotiate picture prices if you want to buy any. Do NOT pay their listed price. It is a rip off if you do.

3 If you are Aqua Class and eat at Blu hope you get Felix as your waiter. Joke with him...he is funny.

Peace out

I just got off the boat Sunday as well. Great boat...great week. They had great dancing in the Sky lounge. Motown night..Abba night...and the last was the Silent Disco. Love. them all. The Silent Disco is a hoot. The Beatles show was fun. Four guys did a nice job being the fab four. As few other random notes:

1 Lawn Club was very good

2 If you go on a Dolphin encounter in Grand Cayman...negotiate picture prices if you want to buy any. Do NOT pay their listed price. It is a rip off if you do.

3 If you are Aqua Class and eat at Blu hope you get Felix as your waiter. Joke with him...he is funny.

Peace out

I'I'm assuming formal nights are Monday and Friday. Am I right?;)

I'I'm assuming formal nights are Monday and Friday. Am I right?;)

No longer a from night. Now "Smart Chic" some people still go formal, but not many. The Smart Chic nights depend on the cruise.

Also Jackie and Pete's Dragon (the newer one, not the cartoon) I think there were two or three more.

Movies in Celebrity Theater - usually 2:15 or 3:30 and 10:15 included Moana, LaLa Land, Rogue One, Assasin's Creed, Hidden Figures, Fences -

No Tenors....but a group of young men called Uptown (a tribute to Motown). They had the audience on their feet dancing!

I watched Bridget Jones' Baby while unpacking. I think most of the other movies available have been listed. My 13yo son enjoyed playing the OnDemand music. Who knew a teenager nowadays would enjoy "Maniac" from Flashdance? ;)

My daughter loved seeing Moana on the ship. That's the first time we've watched a movie on a ship and I have to say we really enjoyed it.

No longer a from night. Now "Smart Chic" some people still go formal, but not many. The Smart Chic nights depend on the cruise.

Yes, I did know it's chic night, saying formal was just a habit, I guess.

I was asking about the Western itinerary, which will be our itinerary also next week.

We can watch TV at home including any movies. If we need Q-tips they are easily available. I am glad that we do not waste cruise time to be on the Internet. Thank you so much for your update.

I'm with you on this. I like 'stepping off' when on a cruise. Good post (from someone who is rarely moved to join in on "Facebook for cruisers").

Unless of course you need to check on loved ones real quick...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I did know it's chic night, saying formal was just a habit, I guess.

I was asking about the Western itinerary, which will be our itinerary also next week.

Chic night was the first sea day (Tuesday) and (Friday), Jamaica

Thanks. I saw it on a Reflection review. We're not sailing until '18 so maybe it will come around by then.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This Silhouette itinerary had 4 ports which is what made it appealing to us. The Reflection that had the bbq might have just had 3 ports and they use the bbq to entertain on one of the extra at sea days.

This Silhouette itinerary had 4 ports which is what made it appealing to us. The Reflection that had the bbq might have just had 3 ports and they use the bbq to entertain on one of the extra at sea days.

Thank you.

Gregg