Latitude Points!?!

caddykid12

Do you accumulate points for your sailing at the check in? Or do they get added after your sailing.

Found it weird and Saw priority Check in is bronze and higher. 1-29 pts. So basically returnees go in diff lines than true first timers? Just wondering

My aunt will be going from gold to platinum in this 14 day trip. Will she get benifits of platinum this sailing or after the 14 days? And still will be gold all 14 days?

Points are accumulated AFTER completing a cruise. Changes in Latitude status also occur after completing a cruise.

Yes, your check-in line will depend on your Latitude status, especially now with the two added tiers of Platinum Plus and Ambassador.

If you are on a B2B (you mentioned 14 days so it may be) and if your status changes after the first leg then your status will change. Just go down to Latitude Guest Services to get it changed, etc If it's a true 14 day then it will change at the completion.

I will dare to go out on a limb and say that this has been a bit of a peeve for me...seems like the addition of latitude points should go along with the initial booking...in this way, you can justify paying for the cruise and not simply as a hidden amenity

I will dare to go out on a limb and say that this has been a bit of a peeve for me...seems like the addition of latitude points should go along with the initial booking...in this way, you can justify paying for the cruise and not simply as a hidden amenity

after my breakaway cruise in november, i will be 1 point short of being upgraded to the next latitude level...soo disappointed :mad:

So let's play this out.....

I'm Platinum and book a 2019 64 day cruise that jumps two levels and makes me Ambassador upon initial booking....... as an Ambassador, I am entitled to a complimentary 7 day cruise...... I take that cruise in 2018...... I cancel my 2019 cruise that takes me out of Ambassador and back into Platinum ....... now what??

I spoke with a NCL rep today about this very issue. We have 3 Latitude Rewards cruises booked which would increase our status 3 levels. I asked when we board will we receive the level that is achieved during that cruise. His answer was No, not until you complete the cruise. Oh well I appreciate that we will receive the additional rewards that will have us Platinum in April 2018. Please no changes between now and then.

You are not a Latitude member till you have completed your first cruise so it is logical for points to be awarded, for level changes and level perks to be available AFTER you have completed the cruise that you take.

BUT note that if you are doing a B2B then the changes should take place between the cruises at the END of the first portion, it is always important to check with the Latitude reps on board that it will happen.

AND if you are taking a "single booked" long cruise; say Sydney-Singapore-Hong Kong-Tokyo; that is available as 4 separate cruises then all changes will occur after each leg. ALSO you will get all the perks, at the correct level, for each leg even if you have paid for 1 cruise.

So let's play this out.....

I'm Platinum and book a 2019 64 day cruise that jumps two levels and makes me Ambassador upon initial booking....... as an Ambassador, I am entitled to a complimentary 7 day cruise...... I take that cruise in 2018...... I cancel my 2019 cruise that takes me out of Ambassador and back into Platinum ....... now what??

NOT POSSIBLE !

You reach Platinum at 80 (new program - old was 76)

TIER:::::::::::::::::POINTS

BRONZE..............1-29

SILVER................30-54

GOLD..................54-79

PLATINUM..........80-174

PLATINUM +.......175-699

AMBASSADOR...700 +

So you are already Platinum with a minimum of 80 points - - -

Your 64 day cruise would net you 64 Points and you would not be Platinum +

If you booked a Suite adding an additional 64 Points would get you to Platinum +

Booked as an Insider Offer you can add an additional 64 points STILL NOWHERE NEAR Ambassador !

So NO free complimentary cruise for you AND you have to have cruised before getting the earned points !

Something here about fighting Windmills and Impossible Dreaming ! Cruising Man of La Mancha !

64 Points would be like 2 back-to-back Transatlantic Crossings i.e. 16x16x16x16

or something half way around the world and back a modern day Phineas Fogg !

Edited by don't-use-real-name
add data

Holy **** ..... I responded to give an example of why points are never given before the completion of the cruise..... the "now what?" was for poona1 to explain the next step considering their pet peeve was points not being awarded at "initial booking" and how it was flawed to do this .... but I'm glad it gave you something to do and get all snarky with points and "NOT POSSIBLE".....

When I quoted poona1 and said "let's play this out"...... dead give away I followed his pet peeve and asked poona1 for clarification on how to handle a complimentary cruise that never was earned...

Wow...... you need a life if you're spending time disproving a hypothetical example

Wife and I did B2B on two separate ships a few years ago earning Platinum status after the first one. Went to Latitudes desk during first cruise who emailed same for second cruise noting our status change. Upon boarding of second cruise, status change had already been noted and acknowledged without any problems.

If you got points at booking then every person would be invited to the welcome back parties even if it is their first sailing. Also what would stop someone from booking cruises to go to a higher tier but then they cancel them all when they get back from one cruise and get all the perks they had not earned?

Seriously, it makes sense to get the points after the cruise, not before.

Too me, too. I'm taking a short (3 day, so really short) CCL cruise soon and was surprised to read that they grant new status for the entire cruise if it occurs during the cruise. I don't know how that works on the first cruise. I'll never get very far on the CCL program because we book NCL unless someone chooses another for a special occasion.

Nexus 9 on Tapatalk Pro

Holy **** ..... I responded to give an example of why points are never given before the completion of the cruise..... the "now what?" was for poona1 to explain the next step considering their pet peeve was points not being awarded at "initial booking" and how it was flawed to do this .... but I'm glad it gave you something to do and get all snarky with points and "NOT POSSIBLE".....

When I quoted poona1 and said "let's play this out"...... dead give away I followed his pet peeve and asked poona1 for clarification on how to handle a complimentary cruise that never was earned...

Wow...... you need a life if you're spending time disproving a hypothetical example

xxxxx

Snarky perhaps but the hypothetical example did not pass muster going from Platinum to Ambassador missing

the Platinum + step and a 530 point spread.

OK - perhaps a bit of overtone to the question - be it sort of like buying a huge wide screen TV for the

Superbowl and then returning it after the game and the ilk of those attending a fashionable event BUYING

the clothing worn to that event and afterward returning it for a credit refund. The system is set up to prevent

the misuse of its perks like going to college never attending the classes to get the coveted degree so one

could apply for a job with more pay prestige !

Comes down to this old adage:

"YOU HAVE TO MAKE MONEY THE OLD FASHION WAY - YOU HAVE TO EARN IT" !

To get the Latitudes points to the next level - you have to earn them !

NCL has provided ways * to get the points faster and easier but still yet you have to cruise to get them !

Regretfully NCL took away the bonus points by making a reservation more than 9 months in advance -

a questionable move to keep loyal cruising customers returning to cruise again.

(*) Everyone gets -1- point every night of the cruise -1- additional point per night in a suite (haven) and finally

-1- additional point per night if booked during the period of an INSIDER OFFER**.

(**) Insider Offers change every month and may or may not have Promo perks combined.

The Insider Offers do not have to be taken in the month of the offer - read the print for the dates and cruise

offerings.

After once getting to the first step of Platinum there is not much of a difference between the + and Ambassador

status other than that complimentary cruise and dinner with a deck officer unless NCL chooses to add another

layer of icing to the chocolate covered strawberries !