Will Club Class be a bust?

chloe45

It's pretty simple.

If you don't want to pay extra for enhanced service and amenities...don't book Club Class.

If you do want to splurge and pay extra for enhanced service and amenities...go ahead and book Club Class.

If you think that people who do or do not wish to book Club Class are stupid or suckers...please be polite and keep your opinions to yourself.

I wouldn't exactly call them stupid but but wasteful is the way most look at it, especially if they're already Platinum or Elite. Of course no one knows their financial situation but from where I stand it does look a little ostentatious.

I'm going to stop posting on this thread now while it has under 100 posts (it'll probably go over 1000). ;)

I 'concede':

- different people have different ideas;

- different people have different thought processes;

- different people value different things differently;

- different people value the same things differently.

- value is a perception, and different people perceive value differently.

Club Class will be around until Princess thinks of something to replace it (that makes even more money).

I'm off now to book my next cruise before they start charging extra for Traditional Dining. :rolleyes:

I am off also Bill....drinkin my Kool aid with my flu meds .. Peace, happy sailing!

See you in steerage some day:)

Well this summa cum laude graduate doesn't think it is stupid, wasteful, or ostentatious. I agree with Nashna, it is a service product. We are Elite who have been traveling in suites (mainly for the extra space) and yes we pay a premium for it. We are looking forwards to Club Class on our next cruise in an OS.

However we fly ecomony in the back of the plane. We choose not pay more for First Class, Business Class, Business Ecomony Class, nor even for an exit row. Those passengers deserve better service, accomodations, and better food too. I am happy with my bag of pretzels. But, I do not criticize the passengers who fly in the front of the plane, nor the airlines for offering a variety of fares to chose from.

Edited by cflutist

Well this summa cum laude graduate doesn't think it is stupid, wasteful, or ostentatious. I agree with Nashna, it is a service product. We are Elite who have been traveling in suites (mainly for the extra space) and yes we pay a premium for it. We are looking forwards to Club Class on our next cruise in an OS.

However we fly ecomony in the back of the plane. We choose not pay more for First Class, Business Class, Business Ecomony Class, nor even for an exit row. Those passengers deserve better service, accomodations, and better food too. I am happy with my bag of pretzels. But, I do not criticize the passengers who fly in the front of the plane, nor the airlines for offering a variety of fares to chose from.

10828987125_c9d28e5512.jpg

Perfectly stated.....:):):)

Bob

I wouldn't exactly call them stupid but but wasteful is the way most look at it, especially if they're already Platinum or Elite. Of course no one knows their financial situation but from where I stand it does look a little ostentatious.

I'm afraid you just don't get what I am saying. It is not ostentatious to want better service and preferred boarding to make cruise arrangements. We are not nor will we ever be Elite as we choose to sail on many different cruise lines from Azamara to Windstar. We worked hard, saved to be comfortable in our retirement and deserve to spend our money to make our travel as east and enjoyable as possible. I would not dream of judging another persons spending habits. I wonder why some feel compelled to do so here on CC? I am putting a fork in this discussion...It's done.

It's pretty simple.

If you don't want to pay extra for enhanced service and amenities...don't book Club Class.

If you do want to splurge and pay extra for enhanced service and amenities...go ahead and book Club Class.

If you think that people who do or do not wish to book Club Class are stupid or suckers...please be polite and keep your opinions to yourself.

You said it !.....Totally Agree.....Plain and simple .....Thank You :)

I'm afraid you just don't get what I am saying. It is not ostentatious to want better service and preferred boarding to make cruise arrangements. We are not nor will we ever be Elite as we choose to sail on many different cruise lines from Azamara to Windstar. We worked hard, saved to be comfortable in our retirement and deserve to spend our money to make our travel as east and enjoyable as possible. I would not dream of judging another persons spending habits. I wonder why some feel compelled to do so here on CC? I am putting a fork in this discussion...It's done.

Amen!

Come with us to Antarctica, the entire ship is "Club Class" and the AIBP is included too along with a butler for all cabins (that could be ostentatious, lol).

http://www.silversea.com/destinations/Antarctica-cruise/ushuaia-to-ushuaia-1829/

Come with us to Antarctica, the entire ship is "Club Class" and the AIBP is included too along with a butler for all cabins (that could be ostentatious, lol).

http://www.silversea.com/destinations/Antarctica-cruise/ushuaia-to-ushuaia-1829/

Thank you. We are looking at a Baltic cruise next year and are considering Silversea along with Regent and Viking. We typically choose the ship and sailing to fit the itinerary.

We are Elite who have been traveling in suites (mainly for the extra space) and yes we pay a premium for it. We are looking forwards to Club Class on our next cruise in an OS.

However we fly ecomony in the back of the plane.

Got to love it. People think we are nuts because we fly first class to the cruise port and have a limo to take us to the ship where we are booked in an inside stateroom. We simply take what we want and pay for it. (y)

Got to love it. People think we are nuts because we fly first class to the cruise port and have a limo to take us to the ship where we are booked in an inside stateroom. We simply take what we want and pay for it. (y)

Bumperll,

I love it good for you :D I'ts your Money spend it anyway you want. The Great Mr. Sinatra once said "I did it my way".

Tony

I would not dream of judging another persons spending habits. I wonder why some feel compelled to do so here on CC?

vir·tue sig·nal·ing

noun

• the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

Personally, DW and I firmly base our spending choices on the old adage:

"Fly first class. If you don't, your grandchildren will."

Agree.. with all the trouble in coach, I aint flyin it anymore. Will use miles or pay for Premium Economy on airlines like Luftha sa that reall offer it. Some people pay $500 a night for a hotel.. Every hotel you can lie flat.. Not so in coach.. Just bid on an upgrade fro PE to Business for $500.00. Worth it to me.