Carnival web site-WORSE and worse!!

riffatsea

I agree. I especially feel sorry for new customers who don't understand all the restrictions associated with early saver that favor Carnival and not the customer. Since the new Carnival website changes default to early saver in the booking process, that will likely lead to a lot of unhappy customer outcomes.

People are rarely unhappy about something due to those aspects that they don't know that they are missing. They generally think of it as "the normal" and even associate all they have heard about that thing to that normal even if what they have heard was reflective of the old normal.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

All of corporate is pushing more "e business" now and it's everywhere. Most if not all on this forum can go to amazon and spend all they want, daily. Same with the big box stores etc. 99 percent have no issues.

With that said it an obvious fact that Carnivals website is a dumbed down, clumsy, attempt. If Home Depot had the same website they would go broke and we would all buy stock in Lowes!

We just wouldn't see the number of negative posts if if wasn't the truth. The complaints we see here HAVE to be a fraction of the website traffic.

I love Carnival and plan to book again soon but I hate that website and it is simply not user friendly. New site, old site, and so on......just bad Web management.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just wouldn't see the number of negative posts if if wasn't the truth.
Nonsense. Consumers rarely care enough about what's best for the companies they do business with to even feign objective analysis in that regard.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Nonsense. Consumers rarely care enough about what's best for the companies they do business with to even feign objective analysis in that regard.

Companies, if they wish to prosper long term, should cater to customers, not the other way around. I've heard, "the customer is always right" all my life -and it makes perfect business sense. Not once have I ever heard, "the customer is usually wrong," nor does it make even the smallest amount of business sense. If a majority of customers say a product, or service (or in this case, a company's search platform) is lacking, then it is, regardless of what board members, third parties, and consultants think. Right now Carnival is flourishing and they feel empowered by high demand, as well they should. But they should not forget how they got to this point, nor would they be wise to ignore customer feedback. High demand in the business world is a fragile, often short lived thing, especially when companies start forgetting to "dance with the ones who brung'em." You may now have the last word. :D

Companies, if they wish to prosper long term, should cater to customers, not the other way around.
The reality is in between the two extremes you seem to be claiming are the only options. The mass market offers products and services at market driven prices by way of both suppliers and customers living up to the obligations of the agreement between them, offer and acceptance, each side entering into the agreement if and only if it is to their advantage to do so.

I've heard, "the customer is always right" all my life -and it makes perfect business sense.
In our society, the customer tells business whether it is right or wrong not with words but with dollars. It's not great; I sure wish it was different; but it is the reality.

The reality is in between the two extremes you seem to be claiming are the only options. The mass market offers products and services at market driven prices by way of both suppliers and customers living up to the obligations of the agreement between them, offer and acceptance, each side entering into the agreement if and only if it is to their advantage to do so.

In our society, the customer tells business whether it is right or wrong not with words but with dollars. It's not great; I sure wish it was different; but it is the reality.

Thank you for your response. You've not changed my mind about anything, but I am glad to hear your contrasting and very 21st century thoughts on the subject. :)

I've been following this because I can't reconcile the comments/complaints with my own experience. For those of you who are having issues, what browser are you using? I use Edge and my experience has not changed in a year. I can't find the issues that are being complained about - the search tool still works the same with or without the filters for me.

I've been following this because I can't reconcile the comments/complaints with my own experience. For those of you who are having issues, what browser are you using? I use Edge and my experience has not changed in a year. I can't find the issues that are being complained about - the search tool still works the same with or without the filters for me.
I think the complaints are as much about the format as they are about bugs. This is certainly the case with me. I don't experience a lot of glitches, just an unwieldy, unfriendly format/process. I can go to another travel site (especially VTG) and get ten times the search results in 1/10 the time it takes on Carnival. Some of the complaints ARE about glitches, but many are about format, or both. Glad you're not having any issues! :) I do believe you are in the minority though.

The problem I've been having is, the wrong itineraries keep showing up. For example, I was looking at a 14 day Miracle "Journeys" cruise that at first said Western Caribbean and Sitka, Alaska. I thought, wow, that's an interesting itinerary and obviously includes the Panama Canal. When I opened up the cruise, it was only Alaska.

Same thing happened to me when I looked at the Vista. It showed a 6 night cruise that ended in Amber Cove. I thought that was weird so when I opened it up, the itinerary didn't even go to Amber Cove.

We do book through a PVP, but I like to do my search first. When I get to the first page I hit the magnifying glass. Search comes up and I type in find cruises and it takes me to options where I can put in more details about what I am looking for. I think the one I click on is the second option that comes up when I type find cruises in the search engine.