Carnival web site-WORSE and worse!!

riffatsea

lennythenose: yes, you are correct. Carnival in their new website in no way allows the guest to book 2 or more rooms at the same time where you can choose the locations and rooms for yourself. Carnival, it appears, has their computer only show you 4 options which they tell you what is best for you. (not!) There is no way to book the rooms you want on the floors you want now when booking 2 or more rooms at the same time without having to call Carnival. ( Or book each room individually and hope that the 2nd, 3rd... rooms are still available when you get to it) If someone has found a workaround, I'm all ears...

.....give it to a professional to do and tell them what you want.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

lennythenose: yes, you are correct. Carnival in their new website in no way allows the guest to book 2 or more rooms at the same time where you can choose the locations and rooms for yourself. Carnival, it appears, has their computer only show you 4 options which they tell you what is best for you. (not!) There is no way to book the rooms you want on the floors you want now when booking 2 or more rooms at the same time without having to call Carnival. ( Or book each room individually and hope that the 2nd, 3rd... rooms are still available when you get to it) If someone has found a workaround, I'm all ears...

I was able to select 2 rooms and then Select the guest per room and get to the spot of the pictures I posted above. DO NOT CLICK ON BOOK NOW. Select the blue box with the room selection and the price. It will take you to the next page to select the state then the next page will give you the option to choose the amount of rooms needed. The next window you will select the number of guest per room. Then just follow the steps in which package you would like to use then choose room location and then when it shows the room number you can see more rooms and room location. Once you select the room location for the first room you will proceed to the choosing room type for the second room and then go thru the same steps to select room location.

.....give it to a professional to do and tell them what you want.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are correct specially if you want rooms that are close to each other they can find them faster. And it don't cost you anything for them to set it up and do the booking. We had to call them because we wanted 2 room side by side or across from each other. And I couldn't find either. I called the same person that did my last reservation and told him what I wanted and he found it and booked it for me.

What does the term More Options mean to you? Nothing is hidden or deceiving. All you have to do is look at the screen and click.

This...in this day and age of SO MUCH information at our fingertips, literally (people walk around with their noses in their phones looking at information 24/7), no reason in the world to book something you dont want. Sorry, plain laziness on the part of someone that doesn't understand what they are buying, if you dont want to research or feel like you do not understand, then call a TA or call CCL and directly book.

Marketing in today's world will use every tool and resource available to sell what they need to sell (in any industry) and those that just want instant gratification and dont read fine print or push the "more options" button, then good luck to you. Be proactive and be smart (its your money after all), not everyone is trying to put one over on you. ;p

The pages you are showing are NOT what I am seeing now. Those were the normal pages I had been seeing up until this week.

I tried to do a screen shot of what I see now and it appeared but it seems that I don't know how to shorten the url to post it.

Of course I know what "more options" means! IF I saw that I would just click it but that is not what's there on my screen. It shows the early saver rate for a balcony and then under there's a place to click for more balcony choices BUT when that next page comes up you still only see the Early Saver price on the top left of the page with a small sign that says "edit". Only when you click on edit does it show other prices. It is a tedious way to get there!!

This issue isn't new to the new website format. We booked our next cruise back in Feb. before the new site format was released. While we were on the phone with the Carnival rep., I was going through a mock booking online at the same time. We needed three cabins, one of which has teenagers and has to be within the required distance from an adult cabin. Anytime I tried to book all three (or even just two) at once, I never saw any cabins that fit our needs. But the rep. was listing off ones that did. I told her I couldn't see the available cabins that she could and she told me to try to go back through the booking with only a single cabin. I did that and could then see what she was seeing. She didn't know why it did that. So it was happening with the old website too. I don't know if it's a glitch or intentional.

I don't get it. I see nothing different. I just clicked on "Offers" and six appeared immediately. I clicked on one, started to book, and when I got to the pricing, three different options appeared before me, only one was the "early saver rate"...

This issue isn't new to the new website format. We booked our next cruise back in Feb. before the new site format was released. While we were on the phone with the Carnival rep., I was going through a mock booking online at the same time. We needed three cabins, one of which has teenagers and has to be within the required distance from an adult cabin. Anytime I tried to book all three (or even just two) at once, I never saw any cabins that fit our needs. But the rep. was listing off ones that did. I told her I couldn't see the available cabins that she could and she told me to try to go back through the booking with only a single cabin. I did that and could then see what she was seeing. She didn't know why it did that. So it was happening with the old website too. I don't know if it's a glitch or intentional.

Because the system don't show you what you need even when I was trying to book 2 rooms it never showed the 2 room that the PVP found when I talked to him. It only shows you a couple of rooms to make it look like there isn't many available so you will book it. In their system it's going to show everything.

I actually did book my rooms with my PVP after I had found exactly what I wanted several months ago with the old site. I still do mock bookings just to see price and availability so no need to call the PVP for that since I do it often. I am very comfortable with computers and did find what I needed but it took much longer than with the old interface. I don't mind changes but this one still needs work.

The new site seems to give fewer options without a lot of going back and resubmitting information. I was trying to book 3 cabins in September and could only get one cabin per room showing as available. When I went back and and put in a single room, I had a few more choices in category and location but even those were limited. One time there would only be rooms on one deck. Another time there would only be rooms on a different deck.

I must agree the Carnival website is a bit frustrating. They use cookies, but habitually ask what state you are from (even when there is no discount), how old you are (still no discount), and your military service (tiny discount sometimes), and your past passenger number (minor discount, or two category upgrade that is the same price everyone pays.)

The website never gives accurate room layout, actual square footage, and balcony size for a given room. It is an hour long click festival to compare ships, room types, and offers.

I wish they would allow me to go deck by deck showing the cabins available, actual prices, accurate floor plans and size. Including the high roller suites and penthouses. If there is a lifeboat in the window or a beam blocking the balcony, or any other reason the cabin is less than desirable, show a picture of the actual area.

If they are going to offer me a "deal" in an email make it easy to find the darn deal. What I get is a calendar showing all the sailings available with the lowest price for any voyage on that day. That is not helpful.

• 1 month later...
I'm not so sure that Early Saver is the default fare shown just to try to get one over on people. If they wanted to do that, wouldn't it be to their benefit to default to the most expensive price? It is a business after all. I think they do it because, more often than not, ES is the cheapest price and for those who are comparing Carnival to other lines, Carnival wants their best fare front & center. They're well known for being affordable, so they want that to show.

Early saver is non refundable, so that could be the reason for the default.

I'm on the website everyday and find the new format completely intolerable. Too many defaults. It's terrible. I know enough to look on another site for picking rooms, etc. Good thing. I feel for people who book on their own.

I don't like it either. I have booked the vast majority of my cruises on the site with no hassle. This time I got to the point of serious frustration. Unless I'm seriously missing something, I lost the option to enter the number of travelers into the initial search. I had to chose a destination & a month & then select a cruise & begin the process for that cruise to get availability & pricing for more than 2 people. It was a waste of time because some options I was checking out I'd go 3 steps in only to find out no cabins were available for 3-4 people. Quite obnoxious. I preferred being able to also filter by number of travelers in the room so I would not see cruises that couldn't accommodate me & my children.

I was also trying to see what our cruise costs now on the mobile site. I know it's only gone up, but I wanted to know by how much. I had clicked on our date every time but the first 3 times it loaded dates not even in the same month I had filtered to. They weren't even options to click on.

I also cannot get "cruise details" to load in the cruise manager on my phone.

As a big website & mobile user.... :mad::mad::mad:

Personally people today want to be led by the hand to find what they want. The lazy way. Go to the rccl and ncl forum same complaints about those sites too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes that is true. In addition it's a real advantage to the cruise line to leading consumers down a path that is superior from their standpoint rather than spreading out all of the options. The most motivated customers we'll find the best deals for themselves regardless. They'll be happy to do the little bit of extra work necessary to find the best deal for themselves and at the end they'll feel even happier that they found it. And the rest will allow themselves to be led down a path to the deal that satisfies them just enough.

All the major cruise lines have made it much easier for folks using tablets and phones to purchase cruises.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

The pages you are showing are NOT what I am seeing now. Those were the normal pages I had been seeing up until this week.

I tried to do a screen shot of what I see now and it appeared but it seems that I don't know how to shorten the url to post it.

Of course I know what "more options" means! IF I saw that I would just click it but that is not what's there on my screen. It shows the early saver rate for a balcony and then under there's a place to click for more balcony choices BUT when that next page comes up you still only see the Early Saver price on the top left of the page with a small sign that says "edit". Only when you click on edit does it show other prices. It is a tedious way to get there!!

I agree with you. The pages they are showing are not what I am getting either. The new site it way different. I was able to understand that one they were showing but that is not what I see on the new site. The new one is more complicated and does seem to hide a lot of things. I believe most of the people commenting here that it is clear have not encountered this new site yet.

You have to go to the top of the page and make changes for each of those boxes. And you also have to choose your cabin category in the middle of the page. The problem is sometimes when you change something it changes the cabin category to the default category. For example on my cruise next year we are in a deluxe ocean view. But sometimes it just defaults back to ocean view when I enter 3 guests. You gave to keep going back and forth to get the right combination to get the price and choice of cabins for the type cabin you are wanting. Very time consuming and not consumer friendly.

Personally people today want to be led by the hand to find what they want. The lazy way. Go to the rccl and ncl forum same complaints about those sites too.

I go on those sites as well as many other online booking sites. It's not about being lazy. The site should be user friendly. And in comparison, NOW with these updates, Carnival has a very non-user friendly site. Way too many defaults.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I go on those sites as well as many other online booking sites. It's not about being lazy. The site should be user friendly. And in comparison, NOW with these updates, Carnival has a very non-user friendly site. Way too many defaults.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

User friendly to me.

I agree with you. The pages they are showing are not what I am getting either. The new site it way different. I was able to understand that one they were showing but that is not what I see on the new site. The new one is more complicated and does seem to hide a lot of things. I believe most of the people commenting here that it is clear have not encountered this new site yet.

You have to go to the top of the page and make changes for each of those boxes. And you also have to choose your cabin category in the middle of the page. The problem is sometimes when you change something it changes the cabin category to the default category. For example on my cruise next year we are in a deluxe ocean view. But sometimes it just defaults back to ocean view when I enter 3 guests. You gave to keep going back and forth to get the right combination to get the price and choice of cabins for the type cabin you are wanting. Very time consuming and not consumer friendly.

This new change is really frustrating. I was having problems, with room type, deck, etc. it kept defaulting to what their suggested rooms would be and not letting me pick.

Seeing as it's new changes, it's a little buggy. Chrome gave me a hard time. with choices not sticking and reverting to default. Edge was actually showing it correctly, but it had a few glitches too. It'll all be worked out. They feel the need to change the order of selection again and keep us on our toes. If anybody is actually going to book something, just check double & triple check before pulling the final trigger.

Technically, the images that were being shown further back in this thread are from the "new" site. They introduced the new format back in late February. That's where those images are taken from. At that time it was optional and a lot of people chose not to switch. Then at some point in the following months, they changed it again to become the new new site we see now. Some elements of the original new format, plus additional changes. I didn't mind it when they first changes things and it worked fairly well for me. Now it's a mess and runs like garbage in Firefox (for me at least).